Basketball state brackets...

silverpie

Silverpie brought up the numbers to begin with, and the numbers used were wrong. All I'm pointing out is that in basketball as whole in A and AA, the private schools made it at about the same rate you'd expect them to given their limited number of teams in those classes. I read on another post Stone probably has enrollment above AA already and is still being allowed to play in the class, blame the TSSAA on that one.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indian,

To some people if 1 private school makes the DI state tournament, it is too many regardless of what the percentages are. That is my point. It happens almost every year with football, soccer, softball, baseball, etc.

Turn it around. Is there griping by private schools supporters when a higher than statistically predicted percentage of public schools are in the state tournament?

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:10 AM) 826404459[/snapback]Thank you for your somewhat defense FCS. LOL. Since he referred to me in the third person I will do the same to him. I have been corrected in the past and now just say "some" not "all" privates recruit. Thanks BigG and Baldcoach. LOL. You FCA and the two guys mentioned before are mature enough to handle a debate with out getting personal, or if they did they apologized. Some people havent figured that one out yet. Volunteer continues to try to demorolize people who dont agree with him. This a debate room not a court rooom. I have my opinions. He doesnt like them and gets nasty. I've learned to ignore ignorance and try to debate with more mature people. .

Now as far as other sports, I didnt know any others existed. LOL Just kidding. I think comparing girls basketball and football is acidine. If thats the best a private can come up with to compare how private 1A schools are dominating football, then I think my debates have more substance than I thought. As far as thinking outside the box, here is one for ya. LOL. This might get me in trouble, but I think it is a great analogy. For those who are old enough to remember the OJ Simpson case, do you think he did it? LOL. Everybody and there mother knows he did. Did they prove it? NO. Do you still think he did it? YES. Thats how I feel about "some" privates recruiting and covering it up so it doesnt look like it. Can I prove it? NO. Do you know that some do it? YES. How is that about thinking outside the box. LOL.

1. My opinions are not unfounded

2. You dont question me, you try to demoralize me. (great witness)

3. You are not like me and never will be like me because instead of debating people you like to tear people down.

4. People forget it is a opinionated message board, I have my right to my opinions wether I back them up with proof or not.

5. I want them out of 1A football. I dont care where they go.

MPHS...you have admitted that you have no proof of your opinions. They are unfounded. It goes back to my "EXAMPLE" of saying Folks from Mt. Pleasant are crackheads. It`s kinda dumb for me to say that without any proof. And I`m not getting nasty or tearing anyone down. And I have not gotten personal with you. If I wanted to get personal I would say you are a crackhead but I have never done that and never will.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:10 AM) 826404459[/snapback]Now as far as other sports, I didnt know any others existed. LOL Just kidding. I think comparing girls basketball and football is acidine. If thats the best a private can come up with to compare how private 1A schools are dominating football, then I think my debates have more substance than I thought.

5. I want them out of 1A football. I dont care where they go.

From this post i can see that you think comparing girls basketball and football is dumb. Then you turn the subject right back to 1A football and say "if thats the best.." when no one had offered a previous idea. Finally you finish with declaring that you just want privates out of 1A football, don't care where they go, and i seriously doubt you care about any other sport.

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 8 2007 - 01:49 PM) 826404993[/snapback]MPHS...you have admitted that you have no proof of your opinions. They are unfounded. It goes back to my "EXAMPLE" of saying Folks from Mt. Pleasant are crackheads. It`s kinda dumb for me to say that without any proof. And I`m not getting nasty or tearing anyone down. And I have not gotten personal with you. If I wanted to get personal I would say you are a crackhead but I have never done that and never will.

Look I'm a public school supporter, not an idiot. I know a cutdown when I see it. Butter it up all you want we all know what you said. You said its dumb for you to think that people from MP are crakheads without proof, whats dumb is you actually said it.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 8 2007 - 05:39 PM) 826405297[/snapback]From this post i can see that you think comparing girls basketball and football is dumb. Then you turn the subject right back to 1A football and say "if thats the best.." when no one had offered a previous idea. Finally you finish with declaring that you just want privates out of 1A football, don't care where they go, and i seriously doubt you care about any other sport.

Yes, comparing girls basketball to football is dumb. I've stated before it easy to field a basketball team with good talent because it only takes 5-7 great athletes. To compete at the highest level in football, it takes 22 great athletes on both sides of the ball. In addition without the financial support of football, all other athletics would suffer. Unless you are a unit school and basketball is all you can support.

I'm curious why nobody responded to my analogy of OJ Simpson. Does everybody here think he is innocent?

Yeah, but it's a LOT harder to be good at basketball than it is at football. You have to be athletic as well as skilled. Whereas with football, athleticism alone can make you a great player. Obviously there are skill sets involved, but it is nowhere near to the extent of baseball/basketball. I think comparing the two is very fair.

QUOTE(KublahKD @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:44 PM) 826405363[/snapback]Yeah, but it's a LOT harder to be good at basketball than it is at football. You have to be athletic as well as skilled. Whereas with football, athleticism alone can make you a great player. Obviously there are skill sets involved, but it is nowhere near to the extent of baseball/basketball. I think comparing the two is very fair.

Basketball is like the easiest sport ever. I stated before you have leagues for kindergarden girls. How many kindergarden girl football teams do you have. Anybody can run down and shoot. 20 years ago when you actually ran plays maybe, but now its run and shoot. No skill in my opinion.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:11 PM) 826405327[/snapback]I'm curious why nobody responded to my analogy of OJ Simpson. Does everybody here think he is innocent?

Yeah i didn't think you actually wanted a response to your little OJ story.

Basically you are correct, OJ got off scott-free for doing a crime that most people who know anything about the trial will say that he did commit and even people who know nothing about the trial think he did it.

Still got off scott-free last time i checked, and public oppinion is not inoccence or guilt. courts however wrong they may have been decided that he was inoccent and because of that he is. The TSSAA has decided that privates are allowed to compete for the same gold football (because i have said before you don't care about any other sports).

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:10 PM) 826405480[/snapback]Basketball is like the easiest sport ever. I stated before you have leagues for kindergarden girls. How many kindergarden girl football teams do you have. Anybody can run down and shoot. 20 years ago when you actually ran plays maybe, but now its run and shoot. No skill in my opinion.

Shooting is a skill. Dribbling is a skill, etc., etc. I've played football and basketball my entire life, and I now play football in college. Basketball is BY FAR the more difficult and more skilled sport. How many NBA players do you think could play in the NFL? How many NFL players do you think could play in the NBA? Go watch a NBA game, almost every single player on the court (except Yao Ming, Dikembe Mutombo, etc.) could play in the NFL easily and probably be dominant or atleast be athletically capable of it. The NFL guys who are athletic enough obviously aren't skilled enough; because if they were, they'd be playing pro basketball and not football.

QUOTE(KublahKD @ Mar 8 2007 - 10:08 PM) 826405699[/snapback]Shooting is a skill. Dribbling is a skill, etc., etc. I've played football and basketball my entire life, and I now play football in college. Basketball is BY FAR the more difficult and more skilled sport. How many NBA players do you think could play in the NFL? How many NFL players do you think could play in the NBA? Go watch a NBA game, almost every single player on the court (except Yao Ming, Dikembe Mutombo, etc.) could play in the NFL easily and probably be dominant or atleast be athletically capable of it. The NFL guys who are athletic enough obviously aren't skilled enough; because if they were, they'd be playing pro basketball and not football.

Thats a fair assesment. I just happen to believe opposite. I have had dealings in both myself and football just seems to require so much more skill. Anyway, atleast you were able to debate without claling me or my town names like crackhead. LOL.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 8 2007 - 09:06 PM) 826405580[/snapback]Yeah i didn't think you actually wanted a response to your little OJ story.

Basically you are correct, OJ got off scott-free for doing a crime that most people who know anything about the trial will say that he did commit and even people who know nothing about the trial think he did it.

Still got off scott-free last time i checked, and public oppinion is not inoccence or guilt. courts however wrong they may have been decided that he was inoccent and because of that he is. The TSSAA has decided that privates are allowed to compete for the same gold football (because i have said before you don't care about any other sports).

I know its an odd analogy but it is similar in the fact that everybody knows he did it and everybody knows there are some privates that recruit. Can we prove either one. NO. Do we know that the truth about both. YES.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Mar 9 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826406038[/snapback]Do we know that the truth about both. YES.

Only in your head. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

But it doesn't make it "true" just because you are the primary believer. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />