OCCHS' NEW HEADMAN

treefitty74

I know one thing I sure didn't wanna come to Dyersburg. And I think Logan injured his ankle the last scrimmage and Patrick Haskins finished out the game and led them to most of the touchdowns. Anyone there to see that one. Dyersburg has to knock off some people to be region champs so I wouldn't get that head big yet. Nobody has hard feelings about the Parker situation they are just wondering what the starting quaterback is gonna do. It is getting about crunch time. Just like yaw would be if Caldwell or ellis was deciding to leave or stay. Everyone in Obion County cares about football and the success of their team. But you know before yaw start knocking Central off, we seem to play good in games when we are told we are going to get killed, ask Covington? Good thing, in my time at central we all got motivated cause everyone thought the worse my first year. Then when they saw how motivated we were to win it motivated the people around us, which packed our stands out, along with the 90% throwing the football /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> . But what Central is back into doing is suffering mediocrity. That is from people that are suppose to be fans saying well we can do our best and play with heart, and maybe we can pull a few out of the hard region. We have never been real fast but we always seem to be pretty quick, and I rather have someone who can make cuts and juke than someone who can just run fast. You have to get past the defense to outrun them. We ain't running 40's we are getting past a 11 man defense and getting yards. We also always have had a good hard, weight program and we always have a strong team. Central also always has a bunch of boys that are tougher than nails and are conditioned prolly better than anyone we face. They also have a bunch of kids that are disciplined and will do anything their coach says to win and get better. So since everyone loves to talk about the negatives of obion central and I am gonna throw out some positives for a change and tell the REBELS good luck and just use all these post to motivate you to proving people wrong. I know you can!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that all this talk about mr parker needs to stop.....

this young man does not need to be the center of attention......right now he is an oc player....

as i said in a previous post, this was all about his dad and the connection that dburg was looking for a male guidance position......i think that the position has already been filled.....

lets give this topic a rest.......for logans benfit.......

QUOTE(mg @ Jun 3 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826470949[/snapback]i think that all this talk about mr parker needs to stop.....

this young man does not need to be the center of attention......right now he is an oc player....

as i said in a previous post, this was all about his dad and the connection that dburg was looking for a male guidance position......i think that the position has already been filled.....

I think mg is right. Logan has to make the decision, not all of us on a message board.

QUOTE(mg @ Jun 3 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826470949[/snapback]i think that all this talk about mr parker needs to stop.....

people getting ill over somthing they cant controll. the way i look at the whole thing is if ellis or caldwell wanted to be somewhere else then thats were they need to be..... by the way mg isnt dyersburg 22-3 the last 2 years and dont they have 80% of the starters comming back.

so how was the 7 on7 this weekend

people seem to forget about the class of 08.....

as freshmen, they were nasty....... everyone knows that paris grove has a good freshmen football program year in and year out...........when this class played them in henry county, dburg scored every time they touched the ball; even the defense scored..... if dburg had converted all of their pats, they would have scored 80+.......

everyone thinks that dburg is rebuilding.......no...they are just reloading......the rebuilding comes in the 08 season.......

it all boils down to if they can learn the ragin cagans offense.......

as far as the murray 7 on 7..........not much competition.....

they go to vandy this week and play with the big dawgs.................. as far as i know we will still be without three starters (mclin, caldwell and whitfield)......suspect this 7 on 7 will be a big challenge for the trojans.....

MG......What is the word of Xavier Taylor who was a freshman?.....I can't find out ANYTHING definite....Thought he was a Good back last year as a true frosh?...What's up with him?... I know they lost Beasley and Tettleton and Tyler Childress gave it up after the Crockett County game... Who is on the O-ine?....Trey Vernon, Beau L, and Joel Hudson?.... Who has stepped up?

QUOTE(Purple & Gold Standard @ Jun 2 2007 - 12:03 PM) 826470477[/snapback]I'm still wondering who will be the "S" back...Caldwell is a really good tailback,but in this offense the single back behind the QB is a fullback type runner who runs straight up the middle and when not running the ball has to be a great blocker....I'm thinking if Logan goes to D-Burg,Caldwell and Taylor would be slots??.....Caldwell doesn't seem to be that type of back,a bruiser.....

By the way,I'm sure the Parkers,who are in the education business,would know the rules and how Logan would be eligible..But if I'm not mistaken he is also taking part with Rebel basketball team in team camps.....

If he does go,I wish him the best...He is a good kid and his parents are good people...You got to do what you got to do...There are a few teachers leaving or retiring this year after being under the new superintendent for a year...I believe if the Parkers do go to work in Dyersburg,it will be because of that more than Logan playing in Bowling's system.....

Word is that he didn't show up for camps this week and the rumor is that he told the coaches he would be a trojan. I don't know anything for sure but I wish the best to all parties involved in the situation!

QUOTE(LU_the_Eagle @ Jun 6 2007 - 03:07 PM) 826472208[/snapback]Word is that he didn't show up for camps this week and the rumor is that he told the coaches he would be a trojan. I don't know anything for sure but I wish the best to all parties involved in the situation!

If that's the case,I agree with you,all the best to him....Hopefully nobody will hold this against Logan or his family...He will be a great addition to the team and will be missed at OC....This is not like last year where OC had a kid step in and take over at QB,someone who had experience at the position(Garrett Grady)...Looks like the QB position will fall into sophmore Patrick Haskin's hands since Brady Boucher,who was the back-up last season,has given up football to pursue basketball and baseball....

I am friends with the Parker's and I don't believe all of these rumors that Logan is leaving OC for Dyersburg. I won't believe these rumors until I hear it from The Parkers. Logan has been at every workout session thus far and we have a passing camp at USJ tomorrow in Jackson. Logan also has close friends at OC and I just don't see a move. I could be wrong but I hope I am not. Guys remember this one thing. Coaches come and go. Fans fade away. So whatever you do. DO IT FOR TEAM AND FOR YOURSELF. GOOD LUCK REBELS!!!!!! You have always made me proud to be a REBEL.

Talked to one of the players .....And he said Parker is a Trojan.... His father has been hired as guidance counselor at DHS......And he said the change from Counce to Bowling was night and day.....Said that Counce is/was a great coach but that Bowling just had a way of making you want to play harder for him.....Said that ALL the kids have bought into Bowling's system.... And said that he was a FINE man as well as a good coach....Said that where Counce was old school coach who you could never please..... Said Bowling would say: "You are doing a good job.....BUT YOU COULD DO IT BETTER THIS WAY..... Said the Offensive Line coach was Wes Kennedy from Fayette Academy...... And the kids REALLY like him too.....Said with a back field of Logan Parker, Tyler Caldwell, Rashad Taylor and Bobby Ellis at Fullback.... Look out.... They will be pretty good....