OCCHS' NEW HEADMAN

treefitty74

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ballhawk @ Mar 11 2007 - 10:50 AM) 826408003[/snapback]So, is Coach Driggers getting to pick his own staff, or is he going to have to work with the old Obion staff? Because I know there are some good football coaches at Obion and Coach Driggers should think about keeping them. Just an opinion.

If the rumors are true, there will only be one or two coaches left at Central. So he will have to hire a new staff.

QUOTE(LU_the_Eagle @ Mar 11 2007 - 12:36 AM) 826407764[/snapback]I feel the same way! No disrespect to the administration but i just can't imagine what they were thinking. They stated in the UC daily messenger that they were looking for someone like coach Bowling. Who better to get than a man who had coached under him for four years. Coach Decker definately has head coaching experience and he has paid his dues at Central. Well I just wish him the best in what he does!!!

I talked to him, and there were problems with him and the principal....They've basically treated him like crap, and I don't blame him for trying to get out of there....

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Mar 11 2007 - 03:20 PM) 826408175[/snapback]I talked to him, and there were problems with him and the principal....They've basically treated him like crap, and I don't blame him for trying to get out of there....

Who does get along with the principal?????? The students don't, his faculty doesn't, and the coaches sure don't. If this was his decision, it is just another of the many blunders during his short stay. Hopefully the higherups will see he is destroying the pride that was once at OCCHS.

QUOTE(sportszone1010 @ Mar 11 2007 - 07:42 PM) 826408392[/snapback]Who does get along with the principal?????? The students don't, his faculty doesn't, and the coaches sure don't. If this was his decision, it is just another of the many blunders during his short stay. Hopefully the higherups will see he is destroying the pride that was once at OCCHS.

you aint lying.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Very interesting situation in Troy. I believe the principal is a former basketball coach here in Huntingdon. Obion always seems to lose their head coaches to greener pastures. They have the facilities, enough coaches, more than one feeder program, etc. but they still seem to be missing something........oh yeah, speed. Thats a tough region for any coach to be in with the athletes you'll face every friday night plus their non region is absolutely insane. If driggers is a first year coach he's gonna get a trial by fire. I don't think the administration can be blamed for Obions mediocrity. I'm sure alot of good coaches were turned off by the need to hire a county wide athletic director to keep the booster clubs in check. Now, they can say he was hired to be a medium between coaches and admin. but thats horsepoop. One quick question though....... How many people applied for this position?

QUOTE(DearOldDad @ Mar 13 2007 - 01:10 PM) 826410346[/snapback]Very interesting situation in Troy. I believe the principal is a former basketball coach here in Huntingdon. Obion always seems to lose their head coaches to greener pastures. They have the facilities, enough coaches, more than one feeder program, etc. but they still seem to be missing something........oh yeah, speed. Thats a tough region for any coach to be in with the athletes you'll face every friday night plus their non region is absolutely insane. If driggers is a first year coach he's gonna get a trial by fire. I don't think the administration can be blamed for Obions mediocrity. I'm sure alot of good coaches were turned off by the need to hire a county wide athletic director to keep the booster clubs in check. Now, they can say he was hired to be a medium between coaches and admin. but thats horsepoop. One quick question though....... How many people applied for this position?

I hear they are about to hire a coach from Huntingdon as an assistant...

QUOTE(DearOldDad @ Mar 13 2007 - 01:10 PM) 826410346[/snapback]Very interesting situation in Troy. I believe the principal is a former basketball coach here in Huntingdon. Obion always seems to lose their head coaches to greener pastures. They have the facilities, enough coaches, more than one feeder program, etc. but they still seem to be missing something........oh yeah, speed. Thats a tough region for any coach to be in with the athletes you'll face every friday night plus their non region is absolutely insane. If driggers is a first year coach he's gonna get a trial by fire. I don't think the administration can be blamed for Obions mediocrity. I'm sure alot of good coaches were turned off by the need to hire a county wide athletic director to keep the booster clubs in check. Now, they can say he was hired to be a medium between coaches and admin. but thats horsepoop. One quick question though....... How many people applied for this position?

Well I don't know about Huntingdon but he wasn't a great coach at UC