Stanton Stevens resigns to coach track at ORHS?

Ole Dad

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Mar 11 2007 - 01:38 PM) 826408117[/snapback]A lot of football coaches?

Assistant football coaches - Yes

Head Coaches - No

I don't know of any Head Football Coaches in this area at the primary large school classification doing anything besides concentrating of football. This is not to say small school classification with the lack of athletic programs or teachers within may have to pull double or quadruple duties in different sports programs at the school.

I would have thought a large school at Oak Ridge would multiple resources besides the Head Football Coach for the other athletic programs. If Oak Ridge has dependable offensive and defensive coordinators or assistant head coach to run the show, maybe nothing is wrong with the Head Coach running the track program during the spring. Hey, you never know, maybe golf is not out of the question during the fall football season.

A football coach working on track seems to be a natural fit. Teaching player how to run is an important part of football.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>From the Oak Ridger

That is part of a sentence from an article in Friday's Oak Ridger. That is all the article says in regards to Coach Stevens.

So to answer Ole Dad's two questions in his original post, no Coach Stevens has not resigned and Oak Ridge will not have to hire someone to replace him. You are welcome Ole Dad. Anytime I can help, I'll be glad to.

To Bounder,

Which assistant coaches left this off-season? I try to read the online edition of the Oak Ridger everyday but I must have missed that news. Thanks in advance for your forth coming information.

My point exactly!

Ole Dad

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Mar 11 2007 - 01:38 PM) 826408117[/snapback]A lot of football coaches?

Head Coaches - No

I don't know of any Head Football Coaches in this area at the primary large school classification doing anything besides concentrating of football. This is not to say small school classification with the lack of athletic programs or teachers within may have to pull double or quadruple duties in different sports programs at the school.

I would have thought a large school at Oak Ridge would multiple resources besides the Head Football Coach for the other athletic programs. If Oak Ridge has dependable offensive and defensive coordinators or assistant head coach to run the show, maybe nothing is wrong with the Head Coach running the track program during the spring. Hey, you never know, maybe golf is not out of the question during the fall football season.

QUOTE(WillieTheWildcat @ Mar 11 2007 - 05:21 PM) 826408234[/snapback]>From the Oak Ridger

That is part of a sentence from an article in Friday's Oak Ridger. That is all the article says in regards to Coach Stevens.

So to answer Ole Dad's two questions in his original post, no Coach Stevens has not resigned and Oak Ridge will not have to hire someone to replace him. You are welcome Ole Dad. Anytime I can help, I'll be glad to.

To Bounder,

Which assistant coaches left this off-season? I try to read the online edition of the Oak Ridger everyday but I must have missed that news. Thanks in advance for your forth coming information.

It's commom knowledge that Spees and Adams won't be back. And I know Rob left before last year. Minor and another unnamed asst. are looking elsewhere. If Jeff leaves his father Tommy will leave also. So your welcome sort of.

Coach Adams is the only coach who has left. Coach Minor has applied for a Head Coach position at Karns. The fact that he is being considered is a great reflection on the Oak Ridge program, not a bad thing. However, Coach Minor, nor his dad (both of whom I have great respect for) have left the Oak Ridge program, they are both still there, that is the fact. Speas left two years ago for personal reasons (his words, not mine).

Coach Stevens, not me, and most certainly not Ole Dad, controls his own destiny with Oak Ridge. Coach has a proven record that he can win so he knows how. He has the knowledge, he has the proven record, he has the position as a result of the first two. If he has the support of the Oak Ridge Schools leadership, then he has my support as well.

LOD you're a hoot....but accurate.

Another 5-5 season (or worse) and even The Cat will see the light.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:55 PM) 826409563[/snapback]There is an up side though for y'all......with Stevens record this past year not many schools will try and get him from you. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Ole Dad @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826409585[/snapback]LOD you're a hoot....but accurate.

Another 5-5 season (or worse) and even The Cat will see the light.

Ole Dad

I see were you coming from Ole Dad but Stanton is trying to be around the children all times. If he is with the football program he is missing out on some of his players off season work outs. He has some good assistance to help him down in the weight room. The pass great coaches did not work with nothing other then football and they were very succeful every year. So this year will tell it all.

Pettus...you write like a 3rd grader. You embarass both yourself, your family, and your beloved oak ridge with that type of grammar and spelling. Please stop posting until you can pass the TCAP and/or English 10 Gateway. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

There is an up side though for y'all......with Stevens record this past year not many schools will try and get him from you.

Must be one of Ole Dad's Cronies. There is another upside, he is also the only Oak Ridge coach to beat your beloved Warriors. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Coach Monroe coaches track at Ooltewah. He has since he started at Ooltewah. I don't think that cost him the game against Smryna in the semifinals do you? lol Check around. Other head coaches do do this.Coach Monroe was the track coach when he was the head coach at Cleveland...he won the state in track one year too!

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Mar 11 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826408117[/snapback]A lot of football coaches?

Head Coaches - No