Stanton Stevens resigns to coach track at ORHS?

Ole Dad

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ole Dad, you are really grasping at straws this round. But, I do appreciate your gusto. When you go after a man you don't let it go. Keep on fighting the good fight Ole Dad. Maybe one day Stevens will no longer be the coach of your beloved Wildcats. Then what would you do with all your spare time? Oh, I know. You can conjure nonsense out of thin air about the new coach.

QUOTE(SpaceCowboy @ Mar 9 2007 - 11:13 PM) 826406899[/snapback]Ole Dad, you are really grasping at straws this round. But, I do appreciate your gusto. When you go after a man you don't let it go. Keep on fighting the good fight Ole Dad. Maybe one day Stevens will no longer be the coach of your beloved Wildcats. Then what would you do with all your spare time? Oh, I know. You can conjure nonsense out of thin air about the new coach.

You sure can tell it's not football season. Ole Dad longs for the days of Orlando, Armstrong, Hale, and Gaddis. It's a new age Old man, so get with program or find another one.

QUOTE(NickOrlando @ Mar 9 2007 - 11:58 PM) 826407021[/snapback]You sure can tell it's not football season. Ole Dad longs for the days of Orlando, Armstrong, Hale, and Gaddis. It's a new age Old man, so get with program or find another one.

Those guys had class and handled themselves in the appropriate manner (most of the time).

Amen!

I was just thinking if I had the kind of season OR had last year that all efforts would be focused on changing the results for next year and all free time would be spent on correcting the problems. I guess I assumed that the head football coach of a 5-5 program wouldn't have time to coach other sports. Oh well, 3-7 is not that bad....at some schools.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(HUCKFINN @ Mar 10 2007 - 01:51 AM) 826407044[/snapback]Those guys had class and handled themselves in the appropriate manner (most of the time).

Whether you agree with Ole Dad or not...a losing season (5 and 5), losing your assistants and some of your players making bad grades and maybe not being eligable sure doesn't give anybody a warm fuzzy fealing in Oak Ridge.

Also why don't you all get a Plus membership? Then we ALL could argue about this all the time, it's just 12 bucks. Don't get mad just trying to help CoachT.

You don't have to have a "warm fuzzy" feeling about last season. Nobody should feel good about 5-5. I'm just saying its a bit irresponsible and childish to continually get on here and create rumors that Ole Dad and everyone else knows are false. We understand that you don't like Stevens or the way he runs the program. Ole Dad and others have established that point. In other matters, what assistants are leaving and where are they going?

QUOTE(SpaceCowboy @ Mar 10 2007 - 12:02 PM) 826407245[/snapback]I didn't start a rumor...I asked a question. Did you notice the ? behind the topic line?

I don't think at small schools that it is unusal for head coaches to help in other sports, but when you have as many problems as ORHS football has, then I would focus on that. And by the way...I don't have a problem with Stevens as a person....just as a coach that is 5-5 and headed to worse. If he committed to the program and was working to right the ship then I am all in favor of supporting him. Just don't see it happening and obviously his assistants don't either.

Ole Dad

You don't have to have a "warm fuzzy" feeling about last season. Nobody should feel good about 5-5. I'm just saying its a bit irresponsible and childish to continually get on here and create rumors that Ole Dad and everyone else knows are false. We understand that you don't like Stevens or the way he runs the program. Ole Dad and others have established that point. In other matters, what assistants are leaving and where are they going?

QUOTE(itsnotwhowins @ Mar 9 2007 - 06:20 PM) 826406562[/snapback]Alot of football coaches handle track too. That doesnt mean they are resigning.

A lot of football coaches?

Assistant football coaches - Yes

Head Coaches - No

I don't know of any Head Football Coaches in this area at the primary large school classification doing anything besides concentrating of football. This is not to say small school classification with the lack of athletic programs or teachers within may have to pull double or quadruple duties in different sports programs at the school.

I would have thought a large school at Oak Ridge would multiple resources besides the Head Football Coach for the other athletic programs. If Oak Ridge has dependable offensive and defensive coordinators or assistant head coach to run the show, maybe nothing is wrong with the Head Coach running the track program during the spring. Hey, you never know, maybe golf is not out of the question during the fall football season.