Stanton Stevens resigns to coach track at ORHS?

Ole Dad

Ole Dad did not intend to get anything out of proportion....just asking a question and pointing out that if a turn around was essential maybe 100% focus is also essential.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(GoBeavers2001 @ Mar 15 2007 - 01:54 PM) 826413030[/snapback]Why would Miner have to take over "head coaching" duties? Most HC's have a plan period to deal with most "head coaching" duties. Take recruiting for example. College coaches don't want to talk to Miner. They want to talk to the HC.

I think OleDad has blown this out of proportion, but I don't understand the logic that Miner or any assistant for that matter should fill in for the HC. If the HC wants to coach another sport, thats great. That should be secondary to his football duties. Running track will make your kids faster, but more schools have developed speed programs to make kids fast instead of relying on track.

Face it, high school boys like track because of high school girls.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Oak Ridger @ Mar 14 2007 - 11:25 AM) 826411422[/snapback]TC - How often does Coach Gray let you remove yourself from his hind parts to let you post on coacht??? Get much sunshine up there??? I have read many of your posts and you are not exactly an English scholar either...

Man i was just sticking up for a friend, Sir David. This has nothing to do with Coach Gray. So back off dude.

Now back to topic

i can see where Stanton coaching track can put him around some of the players more often. but i also remember that the track members could not play in spring practice when ever that may be. so will Stanton be there for spring practice or will he be at track practice. with that in mind who over sees the weight lifting after school? i think that the head coach should also be there.

TC

Is it true that Oak Ridge Football has instituted a 52 week dead period instead of the required 6?

QUOTE(bounder @ Mar 19 2007 - 07:42 PM) 826417955[/snapback]Maybe that's the only person he could find to stand with him? Or maybe Stanton forgot to tell anyone else (his assistants) about the signing?

QUOTE(ruse? @ Mar 22 2007 - 11:02 AM) 826420256[/snapback]Question for ORHS. Sorry to be a bit off topic. Andrew Kirkpatrick was a kid who I watched play youth ball @ J Tarlton field. Believe he would up @ OR a couple of yrs. ago. Should be a rising Sr. Played RB/LB. Good player then. Is he still there? Thanks.

Andrew is still here and is one of our key players for the up-coming season. Good linebacker.