Stanton Stevens resigns to coach track at ORHS?

Ole Dad

OK, correct me if i am wrong, but OR needs to get their linemen in the weight room all summer - not playing track or sitting around. I am still having the 5-5 feeling, and I was "lucky" enough to be on the 5-5 team in '92. It still pisses me off. I guess that's back in the day when OR WILDCATS mean something to every player. Something needs to be done to get the players' heads on right. There is no pride or fear from other teams like there used to be. We've lost that "edge".

Long time, no speak OR Kat! Chuck is marrying that chick this fall!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BIG CAT RIDGER @ Mar 22 2007 - 09:16 PM) 826420606[/snapback]OK, correct me if i am wrong, but OR needs to get their linemen in the weight room all summer - not playing track or sitting around. I am still having the 5-5 feeling, and I was "lucky" enough to be on the 5-5 team in '92. It still pisses me off. I guess that's back in the day when OR WILDCATS mean something to every player. Something needs to be done to get the players' heads on right. There is no pride or fear from other teams like there used to be. We've lost that "edge".

Long time, no speak OR Kat! Chuck is marrying that chick this fall!

Sorry to get off topic, Big Cat, I am wondering if you are the person I think you may be, I coach soccer at Alcoa but am from OR, You coached me in basketball in boys club before I moved to Italy. If this isn't you, sorry, but I like to know who is on CoachT. I think our mom's are good friends also.

QUOTE(Oak Ridger @ Mar 22 2007 - 12:51 PM) 826420356[/snapback]Good to see you back boyfromsi....how bout them salukis???

I've not been very far, but I've refrained from participating in the crazy OR threads. Yes, indeed, I'm proud of my dogs. As for this thread, I agree with LEONARD. I will add from what I can see, all of our receivers are running in the 4x100 relays. To be successful in that demands teamwork, timing and speed; skills which are very transferable to football.

• 3 weeks later...

Why are you and others so hard on STANTON? Is it because he is not like Lussier, Gaddis, or even Hail? He is different and I think you guys need to give the guy a chance and get off his back. The man took the Cats to the state game his first year then had a bad one. I dont know maybe you all can do better. He will hire you because there are some positions open over there. Go for it and give it a shot BOUNDER. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(bounder @ Mar 19 2007 - 07:42 PM) 826417955[/snapback]Maybe that's the only person he could find to stand with him? Or maybe Stanton forgot to tell anyone else (his assistants) about the signing?

I shouldn't respond to this but here goes: SirPettus you need to come up to the Atomic City and see for yourself, then make a decision about the status of Oak Ridge Football. This has been said many times before but maybe you just didn't see it The team that went to the State tournament was Coached by Stanton Stevens, however he assumed a team of 28 seniors that had worked their way to where they were with the help of other coaches. He brought a new offense but he still had a tailback that gained 2000 yards. And a proven quarterback,offensive and defensive line, secondaries, ect.

Probably with the team he inherited even you or I could have taken them to state. Well maybe not me cause I don't know anything about football!

And that's all I have to say about that!

I totally agree with you bounder. He did get a team that has worked hard already. So now you are saying this year has to be better or it is not good for him? Stanton has been to the state before with another team and won it, so what do we say about that?

QUOTE(bounder @ Apr 13 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826436936[/snapback]I shouldn't respond to this but here goes: SirPettus you need to come up to the Atomic City and see for yourself, then make a decision about the status of Oak Ridge Football. This has been said many times before but maybe you just didn't see it The team that went to the State tournament was Coached by Stanton Stevens, however he assumed a team of 28 seniors that had worked their way to where they were with the help of other coaches. He brought a new offense but he still had a tailback that gained 2000 yards. And a proven quarterback,offensive and defensive line, secondaries, ect.

Probably with the team he inherited even you or I could have taken them to state. Well maybe not me cause I don't know anything about football!

And that's all I have to say about that!

SirPettus,

As they say, "what have you done for me lately?" I pray that he has things going his way and wins 15 games this year, but I agree with Bounder and others.....3-5 wins and OR will have a new coach....right or wrong.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(SirPettus @ Apr 16 2007 - 01:28 PM) 826438699[/snapback]I totally agree with you bounder. He did get a team that has worked hard already. So now you are saying this year has to be better or it is not good for him? Stanton has been to the state before with another team and won it, so what do we say about that?

The most political hire in history! Good Luck and I hope the powers to be get what they deserve!! If you can't see this then you don't want to. The train is moving down the track at a very high rate of speed, if not derailed soon there will be a terrible wreck that will take years to cleanup. If you truley know what is going on inside this program and do not think things are way out of whack, I have some can't miss lottery tickets I would be willing to part with at a very REASONABLE price!!!! No dog in this fight anymore, but I hate to see this happen to the kids and the long time supporters of this "Once" proud program. A lot of lip service, but very little actions on the part of the leadership team!!! I hope I am wrong and good luck to future teams of OR. Hopefully everyone on the team will get a trophy every year, isn't that how we do it now? When support dwindles and the money that is raised is spent in very inappropriate ways, and there is some accountability for their actions push will come to shove. I have always thought that if you can get up every day and look in the mirror and know you have have truley given it your all then you are making a difference. If that is the case then I will see you in Murfreesboro next year and years to come!!! Good Luck to all the players!

The last part of your statement is well typed. It seem to me you know a lot about the boosters and how they spend their money. If there was any money issues about Oak Ridge Football it would have been in the paper so that statement I do not know where you getting your information from unless you are part of the boosters

QUOTE(Tnbreakers @ Apr 16 2007 - 06:09 PM) 826438838[/snapback]The most political hire in history! Good Luck and I hope the powers to be get what they deserve!! If you can't see this then you don't want to. The train is moving down the track at a very high rate of speed, if not derailed soon there will be a terrible wreck that will take years to cleanup. If you truley know what is going on inside this program and do not think things are way out of whack, I have some can't miss lottery tickets I would be willing to part with at a very REASONABLE price!!!! No dog in this fight anymore, but I hate to see this happen to the kids and the long time supporters of this "Once" proud program. A lot of lip service, but very little actions on the part of the leadership team!!! I hope I am wrong and good luck to future teams of OR. Hopefully everyone on the team will get a trophy every year, isn't that how we do it now? When support dwindles and the money that is raised is spent in very inappropriate ways, and there is some accountability for their actions push will come to shove. I have always thought that if you can get up every day and look in the mirror and know you have have truley given it your all then you are making a difference. If that is the case then I will see you in Murfreesboro next year and years to come!!! Good Luck to all the players!

QUOTE(Tnbreakers @ Apr 16 2007 - 06:09 PM) 826438838[/snapback]The most political hire in history! Good Luck and I hope the powers to be get what they deserve!! If you can't see this then you don't want to. The train is moving down the track at a very high rate of speed, if not derailed soon there will be a terrible wreck that will take years to cleanup. If you truley know what is going on inside this program and do not think things are way out of whack, I have some can't miss lottery tickets I would be willing to part with at a very REASONABLE price!!!! No dog in this fight anymore, but I hate to see this happen to the kids and the long time supporters of this "Once" proud program. A lot of lip service, but very little actions on the part of the leadership team!!! I hope I am wrong and good luck to future teams of OR. Hopefully everyone on the team will get a trophy every year, isn't that how we do it now? When support dwindles and the money that is raised is spent in very inappropriate ways, and there is some accountability for their actions push will come to shove. I have always thought that if you can get up every day and look in the mirror and know you have have truley given it your all then you are making a difference. If that is the case then I will see you in Murfreesboro next year and years to come!!! Good Luck to all the players!

All hires are political. I don't understand the mentality of some people. Stevens has been to murfreesboro twice.

Once with AE and once with OR. Some of the best coaches in the state never even get close. You've got to give the man some credit. OR people expect to go every year, that's great. But expectations need a little reality too. From what I saw of OR last year I thought they were a little off from some of the talent I've seen at OR before.

The team from the year before was talented and he took them to the finals.