Class A State Championship

OS91

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no doubt. I am not from Gleason, but can tell you with no hesitation they were the best team in the state. I saw them play several times and as 10teamdistrict said, when they get a lead on you in the 4th quarter go ahead and chalk it up as a loss. They are the most fundamental team i have seen in a long time. As for the shot clock remark, be glad there wasn't one because you would of got beat by more than 10. These girls that played on the teams in the finals were a very classy act and so were the coaches. What I don't understand is how every one thinks that the Hudson girl was a Miss Basketball. Now before you all get your feathers up, I'm thinking that she is a great ball player and since her team won she got the award. But I've seen alot of girls play and in ALL HONESTY she's not the best in the state. I only saw her play 3 games and it was at the state, but half of her points were from the FREE THROW line. Did any person thats watched her play all year see her ball handling? The reason for this question is: when she gets to the college level she's gonna have to improve on that because some little QUICK point guard is gonna eat her alive and take the ball the other way and score 2!! I'm not meaning to bad mouth her and thats not my intent, because she IS A GREAT BALL PLAYER, and I'm not taking that from her. But there are areas that need improvement for her to play on the college level. Now for my final comment, any one of these girls that you could talk to would say if I'd only done this better ... and the coaches also would be saying the same thing. But both teams were there and the Coach from Gleason evidendently did what he did all year long, because he came out the winner. Those girls were fundamently sound and they hit their free throws, and if I were a coach and thats the way I could win a State Championship, then I would. But when a shot clock goes into effect (if it ever does) then I would have to be smart enough and have the all around talent to go with it. As for getting beat by more than 10 points in the end, I really don't think so. Thats the only reason they won in the first place, is there was not a shot clock. OS had to foul and try to get the ball back and really if you look at the tape how many of Gleasons points were made by the bad calls? No blame shifting since I do not have a daughter playing, but I just love the game and reading these post that every one gets so upset over. Mine are my own thoughts and if I've offended anyone from Gleason, thats not my intent. I am just an innocent bystander that has voiced an opinion. Both teams deserve the very best and I hope you have a Great season next year!! CONGRATS to all of the people involved.

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 22 2007 - 11:13 AM) 826420266[/snapback]The voting for Miss Basketball was done before the State Tournament had even started so Hudson didn't win just because her team did. No ruffled feathers here, but I would be interested in hearing who you feel in 1A is better than Hudson.

Andrews at Collinwood is younger but better. Her team might not be better but she is. Based on the college coaches in the stands, most colleges agree too.

Andrews is not a better 3 point shooter, free throw shooter, defender or floor leader than Hudson right now nor does she take care of the ball as well. She is a better creater than Hudson and scores a little better of the dribble from mid range. She also seems to get really frustrated. In the regular season game against Gleason she made a couple of really silly reaching fouls 30 feet from the basket that took her out of that game and she looked beat about half way through their game with TCA. I really dont see how anyone that has seen the two play a few times could think she is the better all around player.

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 22 2007 - 07:48 PM) 826420586[/snapback]Andrews is not a better 3 point shooter, free throw shooter, defender or floor leader than Hudson right now nor does she take care of the ball as well. She is a better creater than Hudson and scores a little better of the dribble from mid range. She also seems to get really frustrated. In the regular season game against Gleason she made a couple of really silly reaching fouls 30 feet from the basket that took her out of that game and she looked beat about half way through their game with TCA. I really dont see how anyone that has seen the two play a few times could think she is the better all around player.

Ms. Andrews and Ms. Hudson are both outstanding basketball players, more than outstanding students, solid citizens, and well mannered young ladies. Please stop trying to make one of them appear taller by belittling the other.

QUOTE(10W40 @ Mar 27 2007 - 02:27 PM) 826424143[/snapback]Ms. Andrews and Ms. Hudson are both outstanding basketball players, more than outstanding students, solid citizens, and well mannered young ladies. Please stop trying to make one of them appear taller by belittling the other.

Good point! Andrews is taller too. Thanks for the help 10w