1A title game

kartracer4

QUOTE(dawgystile @ Mar 10 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826407732[/snapback]Well buddy you need to stay in your living room if that is what you saw. I dont know how Kayla didnt limp away from some of those fouls. Oh and apparently you only saw the second half. The first half it was eight on five with the advantage to oliver springs. Gleason won by the way, i dont know if you saw that from your living room

I can assure you the view from my living room was much better than your view from the stands......I even had the gift of replay. And why was she limping........Gleason had more armor than Sir-Lance-A-Lot!!!!!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me relay something else that I saw from my living room. Kayla Hudson told the refs thank you as they handed her the ball before every free throw. I've never seen that happen before and I thought it spoke volumes for her. I do not know her personally, but I'm guessing she is a very kind and sweet person........but of course I was in my living room where my eyes may have deceived me yet again!

Gleason held onto the ball for 12 minutes during the game? Unbelieveable!!!! Whoever mentioned that the top coach in the state is GLeason's coach is sadly mistaken. There are many great coaches throughout the state. I don't know how often GLeason Basketball plays with "other" top programs from throughout the states, but rest assured there are many coaches that have better resumes.

Hopefully next year's state championship will have two teams that can play up and down the court where one team isn't scared to play basketballl because they might lose the game if they do play that way. A state championship game should be a showcase of great players and coaches for all the state to watch, not a game of "stall".

Unbelievable!

QUOTE(Hollywood85 @ Mar 11 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826408018[/snapback]Let me relay something else that I saw from my living room. Kayla Hudson told the refs thank you as they handed her the ball before every free throw. I've never seen that happen before and I thought it spoke volumes for her. I do not know her personally, but I'm guessing she is a very kind and sweet person........but of course I was in my living room where my eyes may have deceived me yet again!

I was on the floor when they came off and the Marshall County fans and Forrest fans were saying congrats and good job to the Gleason team.... And ALL of them said thank you but Hudson sticks out because she tried to say it to EVERYONE who spoke to the team. I got to speak to some of the Gleason fans outside at halftime and they were very nice also. Good coach and also congrats to Hudsons parents, She is a GREAT young lady and you must be awful proud! Good luck at the next level Kayla!

QUOTE(OS91 @ Mar 11 2007 - 11:13 AM) 826408019[/snapback]Gleason held onto the ball for 12 minutes during the game? Unbelieveable!!!! Whoever mentioned that the top coach in the state is GLeason's coach is sadly mistaken. There are many great coaches throughout the state. I don't know how often GLeason Basketball plays with "other" top programs from throughout the states, but rest assured there are many coaches that have better resumes.

Hopefully next year's state championship will have two teams that can play up and down the court where one team isn't scared to play basketballl because they might lose the game if they do play that way. A state championship game should be a showcase of great players and coaches for all the state to watch, not a game of "stall".

Unbelievable!

I (IMHO) thought the game was great. Gleasons coach did a good job. Not so sure if it was stalling as you say or just VERY picky on their shots. You get to that game and then you play your style and try to win. Also being 30 something and 1, I think the coach and the team did a ok job!

What I didn't get about this game is why OS came out w/ the game plan they did in the 4th quarter?? They were even through 3 and then it seemed like they came out with the mentality that they were down and needed to foul. You can say that Hudson was "faking" those falls(but a lot of times that's just being a smart player), but OS never backed off after the first couple of fouls. You have to play how they are calling it. They had A TON of fouls to give. Why not just PLAY a little and then w/ 3 minutes to go if you're down then foul. I understand wanting to pressure and create turnovers but when you are double/triple teaming one girl you have to expect that those fouls are going to be called.

QUOTE(OS91 @ Mar 11 2007 - 11:13 AM) 826408019[/snapback]Gleason held onto the ball for 12 minutes during the game? Unbelieveable!!!! Whoever mentioned that the top coach in the state is GLeason's coach is sadly mistaken. There are many great coaches throughout the state. I don't know how often GLeason Basketball plays with "other" top programs from throughout the states, but rest assured there are many coaches that have better resumes.

Unbelievable!

What classy OS fans!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> You are unbelievable. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I think the total foul count for the game was Oliver Springs 22, Gleason 10.

Do I think the refs made some bad calls, yes. But, I don't think this alone

cost OS the game. Missed opportunites, (misssd shots, and turnovers) were more

of a factor. IMO, most if not all of the regular season games, the refs let the girls "play", and don't call

as many touch fouls, then a team gets to the state tourny, and the refs seem to call everything,

which I think is a problem, because they become a factor in the game.

Gleason played stall ball, which is not against the rules, just boring basketball.

He coached his teams to its strengths, as Coach Christopher does for OZ.

As far as some of the negative posts on here, not all are from actual OZ fans,

and some are from actual Gleason fans!

VG, your post was dead on!!!

Its not about playing stall ball as so many are putting it. The girls have been taught not to throw up a hope and a prayer, wait, move the ball and make the defense come out and guard you, if they do not come out, hold the ball till they do. Open up lanes and make them stop you. Play your style ball and dont let their defense dictate what kind of shot you take. If they foul you after getting the defense frustrated, fine step up and shoot the free throws. Our style of ball is not a run and gun style, we want to make the other team play our style, not us playing yours. I think that Coach Frazier is an awesome coach, the team is awesome and they deserve the gold ball. They have worked very hard and they are reaping the rewards now.

QUOTE(GHS30 @ Mar 11 2007 - 12:46 PM) 826408081[/snapback]Its not about playing stall ball as so many are putting it. The girls have been taught not to throw up a hope and a prayer, wait, move the ball and make the defense come out and guard you, if they do not come out, hold the ball till they do. Open up lanes and make them stop you. Play your style ball and dont let their defense dictate what kind of shot you take. If they foul you after getting the defense frustrated, fine step up and shoot the free throws. Our style of ball is not a run and gun style, we want to make the other team play our style, not us playing yours. I think that Coach Frazier is an awesome coach, the team is awesome and they deserve the gold ball. They have worked very hard and they are reaping the rewards now.

You are absolutely right! Most teams do not have the ability or the patience to play Gleason's style. When their opponents cannot defend this "stall ball," Gleason lulls them to sleep, & as soon as they do, watch out!

Like I said earlier.....Gleason has mastered what is a lost art in basketball on any level and that is closing out a game with a lead in the fourth quarter....

They are fundamentally sound....They do not make silly mistakes......They hit their free throws(another lost art in basketball)....They play with what they have...Every time I see them play I wonder just how in the world they win with the players they have....What do you contribute that too???..It has to be coaching...Randy Frazier has the record to prove it...He has the Gold Balls to prove it....To be able to hold the ball in this day and time is really kind of remarkable..It is maddening for a fan of an opposing team because you know if you are down in the fourth quarter what is about to happen....And you know what??..You are defensless to do anything about it...Gleason's is a gameplan that nobody uses anymore,that's why is it is so hard to defend....