1A title game

kartracer4

for the person that said they were taught not to shoot prayers and such thats bs... because they were standing in the corner... OS tried to guard them but was then shoved away by Hudson... which last time I checked was a foul... she didnt do it 1 or 2 times in a matter of 8 minutes of holding the ball she pushed of 9 times... with her non dribbiling hand to get "sepertaion" then went back to a stall... she also lowered a shoulder or 2 and decided to play football for a few mins... not doubting shes a great player but i can promise she wont get away with this in college... and she wont get 15 FT attempts per game... That was by far the worst game I have ever had the honor of watching... Gleason would never last playing around here with that kind of style because refs around here dont allow for special treatment for a team that stands around... they would be punished for not playing... and 5 second call wouldnt stop after a jab step to 1 side or another...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 11 2007 - 02:25 PM) 826408137[/snapback]Like I said earlier.....Gleason has mastered what is a lost art in basketball on any level and that is closing out a game with a lead in the fourth quarter....

They are fundamentally sound....They do not make silly mistakes......They hit their free throws(another lost art in basketball)....They play with what they have...Every time I see them play I wonder just how in the world they win with the players they have....What do you contribute that too???..It has to be coaching...Randy Frazier has the record to prove it...He has the Gold Balls to prove it....To be able to hold the ball in this day and time is really kind of remarkable..It is maddening for a fan of an opposing team because you know if you are down in the fourth quarter what is about to happen....And you know what??..You are defensless to do anything about it...Gleason's is a gameplan that nobody uses anymore,that's why is it is so hard to defend....

Could'nt have said it better myself. It is a shame that a lot of teams don't know how to do this. You can't defend it...if you foul...then guess what, the other team has players that can step up and hit a free throw.

By the way...this is for all those posters who think we are all backwoods folks who don't know a thing about how to play girls basketball....

SINCE 1960 WEST TENNESSEE GIRLS TEAMS HAVE BROUGHT BACK 22 CHAMPION GOLD BALLS!! THIS DOES NOT COUNT THE NUMBER OF SILVER BALLS. AND I MIGHT ADD, ALL THESE ARE WITHIN ABOUT A 30 MILE RADIUS FROM GIBSON COUNTY. 11 OF WHICH ARE HOUSED SOMEWHERE IN A GYM WITHIN A GIBSON COUNTY SCHOOL. GRANTED I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE HOUSED @ GIBSON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL, BUT IT HAS'NT HAPPENED YET. MAYBE IT WILL IN MY LIFETIME. FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR ALL WHO THINK WEST TENNESSEE IS WEAK WHEN IT COMES TO GIRLS BASKETBALL. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

QUOTE(gcfan2 @ Mar 11 2007 - 02:45 PM) 826408149[/snapback]Could'nt have said it better myself. It is a shame that a lot of teams don't know how to do this. You can't defend it...if you foul...then guess what, the other team has players that can step up and hit a free throw.

By the way...this is for all those posters who think we are all backwoods folks who don't know a thing about how to play girls basketball....

SINCE 1960 WEST TENNESSEE GIRLS TEAMS HAVE BROUGHT BACK 22 CHAMPION GOLD BALLS!! THIS DOES NOT COUNT THE NUMBER OF SILVER BALLS. AND I MIGHT ADD, ALL THESE ARE WITHIN ABOUT A 30 MILE RADIUS FROM GIBSON COUNTY. 11 OF WHICH ARE HOUSED SOMEWHERE IN A GYM WITHIN A GIBSON COUNTY SCHOOL. GRANTED I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE HOUSED @ GIBSON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL, BUT IT HAS'NT HAPPENED YET. MAYBE IT WILL IN MY LIFETIME. FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR ALL WHO THINK WEST TENNESSEE IS WEAK WHEN IT COMES TO GIRLS BASKETBALL. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Hey don't forget that magical season of 1925 when Union City won a state championship.... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ..By the way it was against Trenton,another West Tennessee team....

QUOTE(dustytaylor13 @ Mar 11 2007 - 02:44 PM) 826408147[/snapback]for the person that said they were taught not to shoot prayers and such thats bs... because they were standing in the corner... OS tried to guard them but was then shoved away by Hudson... which last time I checked was a foul... she didnt do it 1 or 2 times in a matter of 8 minutes of holding the ball she pushed of 9 times... with her non dribbiling hand to get "sepertaion" then went back to a stall... she also lowered a shoulder or 2 and decided to play football for a few mins... not doubting shes a great player but i can promise she wont get away with this in college... and she wont get 15 FT attempts per game... That was by far the worst game I have ever had the honor of watching... Gleason would never last playing around here with that kind of style because refs around here dont allow for special treatment for a team that stands around... they would be punished for not playing... and 5 second call wouldnt stop after a jab step to 1 side or another...

I've got it..... Let's start a special thread. We'll call it the "Excuses Thread."

There everyone can post there excuses when there team looses.

or they can....

Try to "come up" with different rules to favor there teams' style of play.

Anybody in?????

These crybaby attitudes need to stop. Come on, you lost, get over it. Congratulate the other team, (like some classy OS fans have done /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) and move on.

QUOTE(dustytaylor13 @ Mar 11 2007 - 02:44 PM) 826408147[/snapback]for the person that said they were taught not to shoot prayers and such thats bs... because they were standing in the corner... OS tried to guard them but was then shoved away by Hudson... which last time I checked was a foul... she didnt do it 1 or 2 times in a matter of 8 minutes of holding the ball she pushed of 9 times... with her non dribbiling hand to get "sepertaion" then went back to a stall... she also lowered a shoulder or 2 and decided to play football for a few mins... not doubting shes a great player but i can promise she wont get away with this in college... and she wont get 15 FT attempts per game... That was by far the worst game I have ever had the honor of watching... Gleason would never last playing around here with that kind of style because refs around here dont allow for special treatment for a team that stands around... they would be punished for not playing... and 5 second call wouldnt stop after a jab step to 1 side or another...

You can't even spell "separation"....

Won a game of keep away? its called strategy genius. I mean granted you are not used to the skill level of coaching Frazier shows but atleast if your going to get on here have some common knowledege of wat you talk about. I mean if you were winning a war would you lay off and let the other team come back just to make them happy? You do wat u have to to win and o yea Gleason did just that . O.S. apparently cant play basketball or as you would say "monkey in the middle" but hey gleason got a gold ball so call it what you will

Wow i mean i know where your coming from on that one.. Kayla Hudson is such a dominating force of muscle i mean all 110 pounds of her pack a major push. O maybe u caught that sarcasism ball better than O.S. played ball.

QUOTE(3153 @ Mar 11 2007 - 02:53 PM) 826408158[/snapback]I've got it..... Let's start a special thread. We'll call it the "Excuses Thread."

There everyone can post there excuses when there team looses.

or they can....

Try to "come up" with different rules to favor there teams' style of play.

Anybody in?????

These crybaby attitudes need to stop. Come on, you lost, get over it. Congratulate the other team, (like some classy OS fans have done /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) and move on.

Amen 3153, this is what I have been saying all along, unfortunately some want me banned for speaking the truth, just like you did.

QUOTE(dustytaylor13 @ Mar 11 2007 - 01:44 PM) 826408147[/snapback]for the person that said they were taught not to shoot prayers and such thats bs... because they were standing in the corner... OS tried to guard them but was then shoved away by Hudson... which last time I checked was a foul... she didnt do it 1 or 2 times in a matter of 8 minutes of holding the ball she pushed of 9 times... with her non dribbiling hand to get "sepertaion" then went back to a stall... she also lowered a shoulder or 2 and decided to play football for a few mins... not doubting shes a great player but i can promise she wont get away with this in college... and she wont get 15 FT attempts per game... That was by far the worst game I have ever had the honor of watching... Gleason would never last playing around here with that kind of style because refs around here dont allow for special treatment for a team that stands around... they would be punished for not playing... and 5 second call wouldnt stop after a jab step to 1 side or another...

Dustytayor13 give me a break, like they said Kayla weighs like 110 pounds, what do you expect for her to do, hand them the ball and stand there as they shoot a lay up, granted that may have made you happy, but be realistic...... it was a physical game on both sides of the ball, the refs were not the absolute best, but believe it or not Gleason did not pay for them to be there. They called it like they saw it, I did not agree with all of the calls, but they did not pay me to officate the game. It's over, we won the game, they will not take that away from those girls. You never know what kind of refs you will have at any game, the girls have to step up and play ball, not worry about some fan from the other side that may not agree with a call. I hope you are not an Oliver Spring fan, because they are very classy people and do not want to associate them with you.

As of March 10th 2007, there was no shot clock in high school basketball. So, stop using that for an excuse. Gleason played by the rules and won the game. Call it stall ball, monkey in the middle, or whatever you choose. Why would any team come out fouling in the fourth quarter with the game that close? Why would anybody want to put a team like Gleason on the foul line? Wait, there is another thought, why don't we take the foul line away when we add the shot clock. The bottom line, the girls work hard to learn all the foundamentals of basketball even how to draw a foul. They went to the boro and dominated this year. People always want the rules to go in their favor and maybe some day the rules will change. But, until they do learn how to play better defense and maybe you want end up "the monkey"... Congrats!!! Lady Dawgs and Miss Basketball...

I'm just surprised Gleason decided to play Gimmick Basketball in the 4th quarter. Its surprising when a 1 loss team decides to play stall ball in the early 4th quarter with just a 2 point lead. That's the reason college and pro have shot clocks. I'm sure the fans, coaches, and media of all teams present were disappointed that Gleason decided to play basketball that resembles the 1940's rather than the 2007. Only vastly untalented teamsshould ever stall. Btw, my post above doesn't lack class. Its dead on. A mighty one loss team SHOULD NEVER stall. Possibly being in a close game with a comprable team was too much for Gleason's coach to handle.