1A title game

kartracer4

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Regal @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826408867[/snapback]Gleason plays "stall ball" because they can't play "D".

Box Scores from Gleason's first two games at state:

Team End of 1st End of 2nd End of 3rd Final

Gleason 19 28 43 53

Forrest 2 6 21 28

Gleason 17 24 34 50

Jackson Co. 9 11 14 22

Also, not allowing a single 2 point shot basket against Jackson Co. the WHOLE GAME!!!

Is this enough defense for you?? I would stop if I were you. You're clueless... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(TheFoxBox @ Mar 12 2007 - 12:12 PM) 826409011[/snapback]Gleason can't play "D"? They were one point awat from setting a record for least points allowed in a tourney. O.S. was trapping in the half court, any good coach would have ran the same type of offense to wear the other team down. Your job as a coach is to win not play like the other team wants just to please them. I am pretty sure Dean Smith is one of if not the greatest coach of all time and he developed and made the 4 corner offense a success so complain to him about stlll ball but watch out when he slaps u with his NCAA championship rings.

Because they "STALL THE BALL"!!!

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826408775[/snapback]Gleason didn't play stall ball in the 3rd quarter. Your post players were too lazy to come out and guard our post players one of which stays on the perimeter in our offense to set ball screens and as a pressure release. Our post players (Freshmen might I add) were smart enough to hold it out there since they weren't being guarded. It's really entertaining listening to yall whine and saying it was bad coaching for us not to jack up shots with a lead in the 4th quarter. And to the poster that said yall picked up fouls early in the quarter, go back and watch the tape. OS had 1 foul until 4:02 in the fourth quarter and Gleason had a 4 point lead. Oliver Springs then fouled for a 2nd time and called a timeout. In that time out I can PROMISE you Christopher was telling her team they had to start fouling because they were 5 fouls from the bonus. GOOD COACHING from Gleason (and anyone with basketball sense which is obviously lacking from OS posters) realized this and tried to protect the ball because they knew the fouls were coming. Maybe Hudson should have pulled a #5 and drove in with two people on here and bricked a fall away, off balance jumper from 15 feet so yall could have had a chance!! I've heard all about this "stall ball" for the whole second half and its kind of funny since Oliver Springs even had a lead at one point towards the end of the 3rd quarter. Quit whining and enjoy your silver ball because Gleason would have beat you 10 out of 10 times and if we would have shot it from the field like we had the last month it would have been a blowout!

This is exactly right i mean 500 wins usually accompanys bad coaching. OS might be barkng up the wrong tree talking about our coach. I mean i have heard many people say he is the best in the state but apparently OS fans are the FOR MOST on high school ball.

QUOTE(Regal @ Mar 12 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826409004[/snapback]Gleason plays "stall ball" because they can't play "D".

I don't care what kind of ball they play, they play to win and I thought that was the name of the game. Can't play "D"....what games did you watch last week? I have been reading these posts and I can't understand what the big fuss is about? I have yet to read a post that validates why Gleason should not have won...

QUOTE(dawgseyeview @ Mar 12 2007 - 12:19 PM) 826409029[/snapback]I don't care what kind of ball they play, they play to win and I thought that was the name of the game. Can't play "D"....what games did you watch last week? I have been reading these posts and I can't understand what the big fuss is about? I have yet to read a post that validates why Gleason should not have won...

Gleason plays "stall ball" because they can't play "D".

QUOTE(taterhead35 @ Mar 12 2007 - 12:25 PM) 826409035[/snapback]I think that is the object of the game....to score the most points and to keep the other team from scoring. Please correct me if I am wrong. Do you realize how silly you sound?

Gleason plays "stall ball" because they can't play "D".

WOW. You OS fans won't quit will you. UNBELIEVABLE.

NEWS FLASH......I heard the TSSAA is investigating this incident over the weekend of "STALL BALL." There might be a reversal of the state championship winner because of this so-called tactic "STALL BALL" and also because of terrible refs. The governing body of high school athletics over the state of TN has been hearing numerous complaints from Oliver Springs fans about this terrible incident.

Also Governor Bredeson is declaring the region a disaster area because of severe flooding due to the massive amount of crying going on by OS fans.

Please take shelter immediately….