COACH SATTERFIELD

BlueQB12

I would just like to know what happened.Starting a program from scratch and going to the playoffs in the 2nd year then not keeping your job,something had to have happened.Just wondering if anyone had any inside information that might shed some light on the situation.Someone else in mind,perhaps?Just curious,not looking for trouble.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BlueQB12 @ Mar 10 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826407648[/snapback]I would just like to know what happened.Starting a program from scratch and going to the playoffs in the 2nd year then not keeping your job,something had to have happened.Just wondering if anyone had any inside information that might shed some light on the situation.Someone else in mind,perhaps?Just curious,not looking for trouble.

Hope he goes back to Greenback.........................

QUOTE(BlueQB12 @ Mar 10 2007 - 10:21 PM) 826407648[/snapback]I would just like to know what happened.Starting a program from scratch and going to the playoffs in the 2nd year then not keeping your job,something had to have happened.Just wondering if anyone had any inside information that might shed some light on the situation.Someone else in mind,perhaps?Just curious,not looking for trouble.

I can not answer your question as to why Grace fired Coach Satterfield. However, I would like to clear up your misconception that Coach Satterfield started Grace’s football team from “scratch.” Grace football started in 2002 with a middle school super midget team. (There were seniors on last years team that played for Grace as eight graders, and a sophomore who played as a sixth grader.) The next year, 2003, Grace played a JV/varsity schedule. 2004 was the year that Grace played their first full varsity football schedule, the year before Coach Satterfield stared. Grace has had a middle school feeder team four out-of the last five years, the only exception was 2005 Coach Satterfield’s first season.

Coach Satterfield, like all coaches, builds on the work of others. However, he was a coach of several football firsts at Grace, including: first coach to take Grace to the playoffs, the first coach to win four games in a season, first coach to play on a home field, and the first coach to have seniors on the team.

QUOTE(jdub101 @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:24 AM) 826408701[/snapback]I can not answer your question as to why Grace fired Coach Satterfield. However, I would like to clear up your misconception that Coach Satterfield started Grace’s football team from “scratch.” Grace football started in 2002 with a middle school super midget team. (There were seniors on last years team that played for Grace as eight graders, and a sophomore who played as a sixth grader.) The next year, 2003, Grace played a JV/varsity schedule. 2004 was the year that Grace played their first full varsity football schedule, the year before Coach Satterfield stared. Grace has had a middle school feeder team four out-of the last five years, the only exception was 2005 Coach Satterfield’s first season.

Coach Satterfield, like all coaches, builds on the work of others. However, he was a coach of several football firsts at Grace, including: first coach to take Grace to the playoffs, the first coach to win four games in a season, first coach to play on a home field, and the first coach to have seniors on the team.

Has there been any talk as to who might replace him? I had also heard that they might use him as athletic director, any new information on that?

QUOTE(jdub101 @ Mar 12 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826408701[/snapback]I can not answer your question as to why Grace fired Coach Satterfield. However, I would like to clear up your misconception that Coach Satterfield started Grace’s football team from “scratch.” Grace football started in 2002 with a middle school super midget team. (There were seniors on last years team that played for Grace as eight graders, and a sophomore who played as a sixth grader.) The next year, 2003, Grace played a JV/varsity schedule. 2004 was the year that Grace played their first full varsity football schedule, the year before Coach Satterfield stared. Grace has had a middle school feeder team four out-of the last five years, the only exception was 2005 Coach Satterfield’s first season.

I stand corrected,thanks.

QUOTE(cathey @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826408812[/snapback]Coach Kelley took the position on a one year basis. The Head Football Coach at TPHS is Trevor Hunt.

This was done way back in fall, the kids all knew it before the season ended.

No releases because it wasn't a big deal because everyone already knows it.

Thanks coach, I was just going off of what the AD had told me when I last talked with him. Will you still remain as an assistant? If so I wish you guys the best of luck this year.

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826408818[/snapback]Thanks coach, I was just going off of what the AD had told me when I last talked with him. Will you still remain as an assistant? If so I wish you guys the best of luck this year.

Bill is a great football coach. Too bad he didn't get the position at SQHS.

QUOTE(ELA @ Mar 12 2007 - 11:20 AM) 826408857[/snapback]Bill is a great football coach. Too bad he didn't get the position at SQHS.

He is a great coach. I'm glad we got coach Summey, but I would have loved to have had coach Satterfield. I have the utmost respect for both men. I have two brothers and coach Satterfield coached the oldest and coach Summey coached the other. I also got the priveledge of spending a spring session under coach Summey. Both men taught me a lot about football and life. I would do anything for either one of them. I hope one of the many schools that still have coaching vacancies will give him a look. A lot of times they expect the coach to apply for a job, but I believe a coach of his caliber, you go after him, not waiting on him to come to you. I wish him the best of luck and hope he lands a job very soon. If anyone talks to coach Satterfield let him know that the Kiser's in Vonore still support him and will do anything he needs done, just call and ask. I wished he would be willing to take an assistant/consultant/advisor (or whatever you want to call it) job. That would be a dream team coaching staff in my opinion-coach Summey and coach Satterfield-side by side. I know it probably wouldn't happen, but a guy can dream can't he? HA/A!