Farragut is going to Beat Lenior City

ZORGON

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 14 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826411613[/snapback]King of The Burbs..............Is it that you can't read, or are you looking at something that isn't there?? I did not say they "were not any good" read it again please. I did not see either of the other frowards do anything that impressed me. Scoring a goal and getting an assist doesn't always mean that you made a fantastic play. Backstrom had an assisit from a throw-in. A throw-in. It was nothing special, he didn't put some special curve or make it alter it's course in mid-air!! There was no magic, it was probably the same throw-in that he will make 100 times this season. THAT is nothing special. The fact that someone headed it in the goal was more a lack of defense and a great finish by the other player. Besides, this is only one game.....maybe he has some fantastic game in the future. If so, I will be the first person to state what a great game he plays, but until that happens, I stand by what I saw. And that, King of the Burbs, was nothing special!!

let me know next time someone gets 3 goals and 3 assists in a game. and i guess you have somethin against using someones throw as a weapon, not very many people can throw it that far and on a rope. your comments are pretty ridiculous, dont criticize players when you know nothing about

QUOTE(lcdefence @ Mar 14 2007 - 06:40 PM) 826411856[/snapback]lol It's funny how you mentioned the refs, because after one call that was made against farragut, the guy who had been taking most of the long throw-ins (#12, an asian kid) turned to the linesman and said "you're supposed to be helping us out," I thought that was pretty funny. I'm surprised the ref called a pretty fair game because that bald ref we had made some terrible calls and some that he didn't call against us in our game against Kingston.. which I heard that's where he's from. So I was a little worried when I saw him. In the Kingston game he seemed to be trying to get in my way, like on a free kick we had infront of the 18, my teammate played it to the side and I was going to shoot but I had to work it around the ref so it didn't work very well. By the way, I think you are talking about my shot on goal in the Farragut game pseudophobia.. the one that was far out, past the 18 and was going just under the crossbar but adam tiped it over for a corner?

dont even begin to blame the ref.. you lost 8-0 justin..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 14 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826411613[/snapback]King of The Burbs..............Is it that you can't read, or are you looking at something that isn't there?? I did not say they "were not any good" read it again please. I did not see either of the other frowards do anything that impressed me. Scoring a goal and getting an assist doesn't always mean that you made a fantastic play. Backstrom had an assisit from a throw-in. A throw-in. It was nothing special, he didn't put some special curve or make it alter it's course in mid-air!! There was no magic, it was probably the same throw-in that he will make 100 times this season. THAT is nothing special. The fact that someone headed it in the goal was more a lack of defense and a great finish by the other player. Besides, this is only one game.....maybe he has some fantastic game in the future. If so, I will be the first person to state what a great game he plays, but until that happens, I stand by what I saw. And that, King of the Burbs, was nothing special!!

P come on now 3 goals and 3 assists. You cant hate on that. I mean seriously what do you have against this kid?

but guys one of the assists was on a throw in. A throw-in. those clearly dont take any skill at all. where have you all been. everyone knows that the avg. soccer player in Texas can throw perfect throw-ins 90% of the time.

but even then 3 goals and 2 assists would still be good, im taking 1 assist away because it was a throw in. i dont see how he can say that is not doing anything. he out scored LC by 3 goals and had 3 more assists than them. HE OUT SCORED THEIR WHOLE TEAM! so did some other people on Farraguts team but he did it by 3 goals. also guys you need to remember that scoring isnt the only thing. thats just all you need to "win". but to be good u have to try hard and have alot of heart like most LC players. i think they are the real winners here even though the scoreboard said 8-0 in favor of Farragut. they had the most fun out there and thats what matters.

im still confused on Pseudophorias obsession over the 55yd wide field. but oh well.

3 goals and 3 assists is probly better than anyone else did in the rest of the state yesterday.

A few folks keep pointing out that 3 goals and 3 assists should be impressive. My question is this:

Why, in an 8-0 game, is the supposed star forward in the game long enough to record 3 goals and 3 assists?

At the end of the season, when you folks are touting his accomplishments, please don't point out his goal/assist totals. That last goal or assist during this game sure meant something, didn't it?

why so caught up on texas teams? who cares if they all have "great" throw ins but i highly doubt that. it is a special talent or gift for someone to throw the ball that far. ben backstrom is not the only one on farragut who can throw that far nor does he have the farthest throw at all. josh grossbard can throw the ball in from 15 yards into the attacking half and get it to the back post on a good throw. pk spot at the least. and an assist off a throw is still an assist.

QUOTE(KNIVES @ Mar 13 2007 - 10:36 PM) 826410884[/snapback]OMG!!!! I AM A FARRAGUT SOCCER PLAYER .........wowwwwwww......... I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING TO ANYONE THAT THEY COULDN'T FORGET WITHIN 5 MINS ............CHILL OUT......FARRAGUT DOES HAVE CLASS AND

LION 101 is just a goodie-to-shoes who bareley even sees the field .............STOP CRYING!!!!!!!............OR DO YOU NEED A TISSUE????? JUST B/C ONE PERSON GETS A LITTLE AMPED ON THERE WIN DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO JUDGE US ON WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE CLASS OR NOT GOSH WHY ARE YOU SOOO EASILY OFFENDED

knives you have no right to talk about one of your own players like that. you should feel ashamed

QUOTE(The King of the Burbs @ Mar 14 2007 - 04:49 PM) 826411865[/snapback]let me know next time someone gets 3 goals and 3 assists in a game. and i guess you have somethin against using someones throw as a weapon, not very many people can throw it that far and on a rope. your comments are pretty ridiculous, dont criticize players when you know nothing about

dont even begin to blame the ref.. you lost 8-0 justin..

Where did you get that I was blaming the ref for our loss to Farragut? I was just saying that I thought it would be a badly called game when I first saw that ref and that it was funny what #12 said.. The refs called the game pretty fairly, I thought. Who are you anyways? You obviously know me.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Mar 14 2007 - 07:05 PM) 826411921[/snapback]but guys one of the assists was on a throw in. A throw-in. those clearly dont take any skill at all. where have you all been. everyone knows that the avg. soccer player in Texas can throw perfect throw-ins 90% of the time.

but even then 3 goals and 2 assists would still be good, im taking 1 assist away because it was a throw in. i dont see how he can say that is not doing anything. he out scored LC by 3 goals and had 3 more assists than them. HE OUT SCORED THEIR WHOLE TEAM! so did some other people on Farraguts team but he did it by 3 goals. also guys you need to remember that scoring isnt the only thing. thats just all you need to "win". but to be good u have to try hard and have alot of heart like most LC players. i think they are the real winners here even though the scoreboard said 8-0 in favor of Farragut. they had the most fun out there and thats what matters.

im still confused on Pseudophorias obsession over the 55yd wide field. but oh well.

3 goals and 3 assists is probly better than anyone else did in the rest of the state yesterday.

Well gentlemen....I seem to have somehow upset a few of the Farragut faithful!! First off, I think everyone should look at my first post of the Farragut- LC game. I did not attack a particular player, so to think that I ever said anything negative about Ben Backstrom is not the case. I did say that the Fischer kid is clearly the hard worker and the others didn't do anything special. The game was 8-0. Goals and assists don't always make a statement about how a person played. That is also true of game scores. There can be an amazing difference between a game that ends 3-0. Had they kept in a player to let him score 8 goals- as I have seen a few teams do in the past, would everyone be amazed by it?? At the end of the season those things look great on paper- they may help you get district offensive player of the year, or whatever- but that does not change how well a player performed in the game. Did Fischer score a goal in that game?? I left early, so I don't know, but if he didn't, should I change my thinking about his amazing effort and play in that game? It will not change the way he played. Goals and assists and not. He was clearly the hardest working player. Also, let me say again that I think Backstrom's throw in's are a weapon...and this is what I originally stated. But they will be less of a weapon as a field gets wider. Is there something wrong with that statement? Is it incorrect?? Help me out here. This is a fact!! not an attack or a cut-down. Please read more closely and quit reading into what I have stated. I'm sure I will have many great things to say about a lot of players I see, and look forward to being able to put down the good stuff!! Isn't that better than an all out attack??

Also, Farragut does have another field to use. I see that Bearden built their own field. Why can't Farragut? Is it lack of money, interest, time????? Why??? Is that filed even legal by standards or was ther an exception made for schools with football fields only??

Psuedophobia

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 15 2007 - 12:20 PM) 826412997[/snapback]I see that Bearden built their own field. Why can't Farragut? Is it lack of money, interest, time????? Why??? Is that filed even legal by standards or was ther an exception made for schools with football fields only??

Psuedophobia

I asked that same question several times. Couldn't they re-do the "practice field" by the elementary field? How did Bearden do it?

QUOTE(BigG @ Mar 15 2007 - 01:27 PM) 826413005[/snapback]I asked that same question several times. Couldn't they re-do the "practice field" by the elementary field? How did Bearden do it?

I might be wrong G, but I think the practice field is owned by someone else. Even if I am wrong, remember it takes money to build a quality field and most public schools don't have the funds for new fields, let alone the teachers. I don't know how Bearden pulled it off, but I am sure donations were a part of gathering the money. Other than the practice field at Farragut, there just isn't the real estate. Farragut has been a powerhouse in soccer ever since it became a varsity sport and it would be nice to reward the program with a quality field.

On the subject of throw-ins, does anyone rember Brian Hill or Colquitt when they threw the ball. The field could have been 70 yds wide and they still could have got it to the back post on a rope.