Titan Draft

I see Gil Brandt of the NFL Draft Analyst moved Robert Meachem up to the overall second receiver behind Calvin Johnson. Gil Brandt has moved Aaron Ross up to the #3 CB. I really like Aaron Ross and it doesn't look like he will last very long into the second round if not picked in the first. Titans need to work a trade to be able to get both of these guys. Meachem will probably make it to the 19th pick. Aaron Ross looks as if he will go within the early to middle of the second round. Should the Titans offer their 2 & 6 round pick to move up to get Ross?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ERA @ Apr 25 2007 - 05:07 PM) 826445283[/snapback]Trade up, spend whatever bucks it takes to get Calvin Johnson!!!! He's a stud. They are saying he's the best wide receiver in the draft in the last 20 yrs. Our QB needs a playmaker really bad. If we don't get a great one, he will be running for his life the whole season and we know where that got a certain QB in Atlanta. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It would take the Titans entire draft class. I don't see the Titans pulling a Mike Ditka. No doubt Calvin Johnson is a gem but Tampa wants him real bad as well. Tampa might have to offer their #4 pick and the #36 pick to get him as the #2 pick.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Apr 25 2007 - 12:41 AM) 826444742[/snapback]I have changed my mind after looking at the best talent available. If I had the confidence in Jarvis Moss of Florida, he would be the Titans 1st round pick. I don't have confidence in Moss as 1st round pick for the Titans after reviewing Moss talent at DE. The DE talent looks weak for this year draft. I think a free agent would be better here. Therefore, I am going for best available talent with need base evaluation. This is my Titans picks in the first 5 rounds.

WR Robert Meachem from Tennessee in the 1st Round (I don't think the Titans can go wrong with this guy, proven good hands receiver.

CB Aaron Ross from Texas in 2nd Round (Excellent DB and Kick Returner) Note: Might not be available, I like this playmaker.

DE Akaika Alama-Francis from Hawaii in the 3rd Round (This guy has a motor and could be a real surprise.)

WR Steve Smith from USC in 4th Round

RB DeShawn Wynn from Florida in the 4th Round

DE Mkristo Bruce from Washington State in the 5th Round

I don't see how you say Meachem is proven but Moss is not. Meachem had one great college season, before that everyone thought he was going to be an underachieving college receiver. That is a pretty risky pick for the Titans if you ask me. WR is the most unpredictable position to draft. Moss had two solid seasons at DE, and is a safer pick than a WR, IMO. Meachem reminds me of Kevin Dyson, and we know how that turned out. I say we go defense with the first pick. Quality receivers will be available in the later rounds. Steve Smith would be a great pick in the middle rounds.

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Apr 26 2007 - 01:23 AM) 826445670[/snapback]I don't see how you say Meachem is proven but Moss is not. Meachem had one great college season, before that everyone thought he was going to be an underachieving college receiver. That is a pretty risky pick for the Titans if you ask me. WR is the most unpredictable position to draft. Moss had two solid seasons at DE, and is a safer pick than a WR, IMO. Meachem reminds me of Kevin Dyson, and we know how that turned out. I say we go defense with the first pick. Quality receivers will be available in the later rounds. Steve Smith would be a great pick in the middle rounds.

I personally beleive Calvin Johnson is the only stud WR in the draft. The other wr's will be productive as well, but he is in a class of his own. I would not be surprised to see the Titans take Dwayne Jarrett being that Norm Chow is already probably putting that bug in the front offices ear. Although the mock drafts are sometimes right with some of their picks, they do not know how it will actually go down and none of us know what the Titans are thinking either. The new GM has kept pretty quite and I wish there was a way we could get Turner and Calvin Johnson. I do think that our most important position to be filled is rb over WR because Lendale as of now has not been that impressive. I hope they have a great draft and look foward to seeing the draft in less than two days.

Dwayne Jarrett; let me tell you about him (from an NFL coach):

The team was interviewing him at the combine, and Jarrett arrived late and with an attitude.

They first asked him if he was going to run the 40, and he said "yea." They asked him how fast he would run, and he replied "4.2". One of the coaches, knowing this kid was out of shape and no way would run that fast, said "Oh, we know you'll run a 4.2; we just don't know if you'll be at 36, 37 or 38 yards when you get there."

Finally, the head coach, tired of the attitude of Jarrett (like he was doing them a favor by talking with them), got into his face and said "Look son, there hasn't been a wide receiver come out of USC who's been worth a sh#@* since Keyshawn Johnson. Mike Williams was supposed to be "all that" and he totally su##s! What makes you think you'll be any different? You know, I don't know if you can take some HARD coaching- not like that country club sh#@t Pete Carroll runs. Heck, we ran his candy a*& out of the NFL years ago, now he's a college boy and trains puss*&s like you thinking they can play with the big boys!"

BRUTAL

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Apr 26 2007 - 04:56 PM) 826446149[/snapback]Dwayne Jarrett; let me tell you about him (from an NFL coach):

The team was interviewing him at the combine, and Jarrett arrived late and with an attitude.

They first asked him if he was going to run the 40, and he said "yea." They asked him how fast he would run, and he replied "4.2". One of the coaches, knowing this kid was out of shape and no way would run that fast, said "Oh, we know you'll run a 4.2; we just don't know if you'll be at 36, 37 or 38 yards when you get there."

Finally, the head coach, tired of the attitude of Jarrett (like he was doing them a favor by talking with them), got into his face and said "Look son, there hasn't been a wide receiver come out of USC who's been worth a sh#@* since Keyshawn Johnson. Mike Williams was supposed to be "all that" and he totally su##s! What makes you think you'll be any different? You know, I don't know if you can take some HARD coaching- not like that country club sh#@t Pete Carroll runs. Heck, we ran his candy a*& out of the NFL years ago, now he's a college boy and trains puss*&s like you thinking they can play with the big boys!"

BRUTAL

Funny stuff.

Whats the possibility of the Titans trading their pick to San Diego for Micheal Turner and the 30th pick?

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Apr 26 2007 - 01:23 AM) 826445670[/snapback]I don't see how you say Meachem is proven but Moss is not. Meachem had one great college season, before that everyone thought he was going to be an underachieving college receiver. That is a pretty risky pick for the Titans if you ask me. WR is the most unpredictable position to draft. Moss had two solid seasons at DE, and is a safer pick than a WR, IMO. Meachem reminds me of Kevin Dyson, and we know how that turned out. I say we go defense with the first pick. Quality receivers will be available in the later rounds. Steve Smith would be a great pick in the middle rounds.

How does Kevin Dyson remind you of Meachem? Totally two different types and build. The more common comparison of Meachem is to Carl Pickens. My opinion of Meachem is the ability to catch the ball with his good hands and run after catch. I don't care for receivers who are tall and fast. I like the good hands receivers in tough situations. I do agree about the WRs being the most unpredictable position in the draft. History has proven this true more times than not, especially if they are coming out of USC.

I really like Aaron Ross. Joe Biddle in the sports section of the Tennessean today thought the Titans should pick him at 19th. I don't totally disagree. I didn't think he would go this high. He had been projected in the late part of the second round but his stock is rising of late. Ross could be more valuable to the Titans as a cornerback and returner.

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Apr 26 2007 - 04:56 PM) 826446149[/snapback]Dwayne Jarrett; let me tell you about him (from an NFL coach):

BRUTAL

Dwayne Jarrett was put in his place. It’s good for Pro Coaches to do this. If more of this is done, attitude problems would be reduced for the incoming rookies.

Michael Griffin is somewhere in the second round top 40 pick. I thought the Strong Safety spot with Chris Hope was a strong point on defense. Titans belew this pick and should have traded out of the 1st round if they wanted Griffin. Thumbs Down on this pick. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />