Temple

fargen01

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of everyone worrying about how many games Temple will win, they should worry about how many points they are going to score. I only see them having the chance of scoring in about 3 games all year. They will average less than 7 points per game. I know who they have and I know who they think they are going to have and it is going to be ugly, UGLY!!!! They will be the biggest laughing stock in the city of Chattanooga. Coach Chastain is a dreamer, not a realist, this will be tragic, because he is going to put kids on the field that are going to get hurt, physically hurt!!!

QUOTE(gofish12 @ Apr 26 2007 - 03:06 PM) 826446088[/snapback]Instead of everyone worrying about how many games Temple will win, they should worry about how many points they are going to score. I only see them having the chance of scoring in about 3 games all year. They will average less than 7 points per game. I know who they have and I know who they think they are going to have and it is going to be ugly, UGLY!!!! They will be the biggest laughing stock in the city of Chattanooga. Coach Chastain is a dreamer, not a realist, this will be tragic, because he is going to put kids on the field that are going to get hurt, physically hurt!!!

yes they are going to be starting some very young athletes.

QUOTE(gofish12 @ Apr 26 2007 - 03:06 PM) 826446088[/snapback]Instead of everyone worrying about how many games Temple will win, they should worry about how many points they are going to score. I only see them having the chance of scoring in about 3 games all year. They will average less than 7 points per game.

They will score on alot ofother teams JV. I think once the other teams JV gets in, it will be alot like it was for Temple last year. They will be able to put point up with some consistency. But won't be able to stop them at all. With temple right now you really are gonna have to wait until Temple's starters (which are really young) against other teams JV. It could foreshadow an iteresting future if those little second half games turn out to be good.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826446287[/snapback]They will score on alot ofother teams JV. I think once the other teams JV gets in, it will be alot like it was for Temple last year. They will be able to put point up with some consistency. But won't be able to stop them at all. With temple right now you really are gonna have to wait until Temple's starters (which are really young) against other teams JV. It could foreshadow an iteresting future if those little second half games turn out to be good.

SP's JV will give their starters a little bit more of challenge than some. The last two Jr High teams went 7-1, SVC runner up (2005) and 9-0, SVC Champs (2006). The ones that don't make it as starters (several may) are next years JV team

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826446287[/snapback]They will score on alot ofother teams JV. I think once the other teams JV gets in, it will be alot like it was for Temple last year. They will be able to put point up with some consistency. But won't be able to stop them at all. With temple right now you really are gonna have to wait until Temple's starters (which are really young) against other teams JV. It could foreshadow an iteresting future if those little second half games turn out to be good.

will they even have a JV team? I heard that they will not have enough players to have a JV team. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(fargen01 @ Apr 28 2007 - 06:13 PM) 826447564[/snapback]will they even have a JV team? I heard that they will not have enough players to have a JV team. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I mean Temples first team (which might as well be JV apparently) vs. other peoples second stringers...

Not bashing Temple at all, but it will be a rough year next year. There varsity in a way will be like a JV team. Thats just what happens when you lose alot of Seniors who have been starting for 4 years. Temple will take its lumps next year and maybe will win 1 game. But if they keep the program alive and get some support (more money+field) they may be able to establish themselves again in a couple of years with a winning season.

QUOTE(bigbody1220 @ Apr 30 2007 - 06:13 PM) 826448567[/snapback]Not bashing Temple at all, but it will be a rough year next year. There varsity in a way will be like a JV team. Thats just what happens when you lose alot of Seniors who have been starting for 4 years. Temple will take its lumps next year and maybe will win 1 game. But if they keep the program alive and get some support (more money+field) they may be able to establish themselves again in a couple of years with a winning season.

My guess at their next winning season, would be their 2009-2010 season!

QUOTE(Pasture @ Apr 29 2007 - 07:11 PM) 826447984[/snapback]As of right now they do not have a JV team but there has been a rumor of that possibility...

There will be a JV team, they have 1 returning starter and they have more kids out now than ever before (about 30) but they will be a very young team. Coach Chastain understands what he up against this year but is in a "program building" mode. He thinks a couple of the young kids have the potential to be as good as a Skogen or a Ridley. His son is a pretty good looking kids who will be a freshman QB.