Temple

fargen01

QUOTE(fargen01 @ Apr 20 2007 - 10:42 PM) 826442170[/snapback]look, im not from grace but i know some people that have connections to grace. so i will tell you what i know so far. same starters, other than a few seniors graduating, no new "transfers" or anything. next, about the strong and weak points..........i know some stuff but i dont want to give it away /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> .you will just have to wait until football starts to see for yourself /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .

Now its your turn. What makes you think that grace WONT be good enough to challenge LV,SP and SD?

Pretty weak on your "Why Grace" answers. We want details /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I'm just going off what I saw when SP played Grace and what Grace did last year. Grace only went 2-4 in the region and from what you are saying they are returning basically the same team less a few seniors plus some rising freshmen. SP only lost 2 starters off a young team that beat Grace 54-14 (and we play at SP in 2007). LV returns a big part of their team including Scruggs and they beat Grace 50-26 (and you play at LV in 2007). Grace beat Silverdale 34-16 but I think Silverdale will be much better with 6-7 new players and they have a very good coach. I'll admit predicting a Silverdale victory at this point may be a stretch (but remember you heard it here first) but I just think a lot of people will be surprised by how good SD will be. Honestly I see nothing to make me believe that Grace will have improved enough to challenge for the top 2 or maybe 3 spots in the district.

Now.....I don't want to wait until football starts so quid pro quo

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Apr 21 2007 - 12:51 AM) 826442225[/snapback]Pretty weak on your "Why Grace" answers. We want details /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I'm just going off what I saw when SP played Grace and what Grace did last year. Grace only went 2-4 in the region and from what you are saying they are returning basically the same team less a few seniors plus some rising freshmen. SP only lost 2 starters off a young team that beat Grace 54-14 (and we play at SP in 2007). LV returns a big part of their team including Scruggs and they beat Grace 50-26 (and you play at LV in 2007). Grace beat Silverdale 34-16 but I think Silverdale will be much better with 6-7 new players and they have a very good coach. I'll admit predicting a Silverdale victory at this point may be a stretch (but remember you heard it here first) but I just think a lot of people will be surprised by how good SD will be. Honestly I see nothing to make me believe that Grace will have improved enough to challenge for the top 2 or maybe 3 spots in the district.

Now.....I don't want to wait until football starts so quid pro quo

hey i never said i was on grace's side, so cut me some slack. i just think that they will be improved more than people think because of what i have heard about them, which i dont want to tell you because im not sure its true.

QUOTE(fargen01 @ Apr 21 2007 - 01:02 AM) 826442229[/snapback]hey i never said i was on grace's side, so cut me some slack. i just think that they will be improved more than people think because of what i have heard about them, which i dont want to tell you because im not sure its true.

Relax I was kidding...see the smiley face >>> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . If you are on the football board in off-season you have to find something to talk about. Rumors, opinions, guesses are all OK to post, just note as such /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(GIBSONJ @ Apr 21 2007 - 09:57 AM) 826442323[/snapback]Temple wil be a good team in 2007

you're off alittle, buddy. For some reason you're the only one to think they will be good in 07.

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Apr 21 2007 - 10:08 AM) 826442327[/snapback]Relax I was kidding...see the smiley face >>> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . If you are on the football board in off-season you have to find something to talk about. Rumors, opinions, guesses are all OK to post, just note as such /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

true true

QUOTE(fargen01 @ Apr 21 2007 - 11:39 AM) 826442345[/snapback]you're off alittle, buddy. For some reason you're the only one to think they will be good in 07.

true true

I guess you would have to define "good." Is that "good" like "ok" or "average?" It obviously is not "good" like "great" or "excellent."

QUOTE(fargen01 @ Apr 21 2007 - 08:21 PM) 826442540[/snapback]i think he meant GREAT or EXELLENT

/unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> Yeah, that was what I was afraid of. I do not know enough about Temple's football program right now to really say for sure but it would be really hard to conceive them being really good after losing so many studs, either from transfers or graduating seniors.

QUOTE(Pasture @ Apr 21 2007 - 08:16 PM) 826442556[/snapback]/unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> Yeah, that was what I was afraid of. I do not know enough about Temple's football program right now to really say for sure but it would be really hard to conceive them being really good after losing so many studs, either from transfers or graduating seniors.

he's probably just a temple fan. because there is no way they could repeat last season or even have a winning schedule this upcoming season

QUOTE(fargen01 @ Apr 21 2007 - 08:44 PM) 826442566[/snapback]he's probably just a temple fan. because there is no way they could repeat last season or even have a winning schedule this upcoming season

I have said it many times, there is a chance that Temple could have a winning season. it is not a sure thing, but it can happen. That being said, they will either A. struggle to make the playoffs or B. make the playoffs and have to play the region 4-1A champions away. Personally i am pulling for Temple to visit FCS in the first round...

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 22 2007 - 12:29 AM) 826442717[/snapback]I have said it many times, there is a chance that Temple could have a winning season. it is not a sure thing, but it can happen. That being said, they will either A. struggle to make the playoffs or B. make the playoffs and have to play the region 4-1A champions away. Personally i am pulling for Temple to visit FCS in the first round...

David Brainerd is joining this Region in the fall. Does anyone know how things are going over there? How many players will they have? I know they had some issues with their coaching staff. Any changes?

QUOTE(govols78 @ Apr 23 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826443214[/snapback]David Brainerd is joining this Region in the fall. Does anyone know how things are going over there? How many players will they have? I know they had some issues with their coaching staff. Any changes?

I know that they were pretty weak last year. Probably a lot like Red Boiling Springs. What kind of coaching issues have they had? I have not heard that before.