TEMPLE

Green_Acres

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 19 2007 - 09:06 AM) 826417283[/snapback]I know you Temple guys are still revelling in your glory and in no way do I want to detract from your celebrations, but what about next year's team?

In my opinion, Jeremy Sexton is the obvious leader of the team as far as his ability to score and handle the ball. He is the one I would want to bring the ball down, but, as a point guard running a team as Dee did this year, will he be able to put the points up on the board? He is probably as good a scorer right now as Seth and is a likely candidate for a Mr. Basketball finalist next year, though we all know, now, that only a public school kid from the west can actually win it.

There is a lot of young talent on the team and as i see it, the only thing that will really hurt the team next year is if they lack the same chemistry this year's team had. No one played better together this year as a team then Temple.

James Kemp hustles and works hard, shoots the three and outside shots well and takes it to the hole without fear, in spite of his short stature. But he fails to spread the ball around when he is playing point. He is fearless under pressure in make or break game situations and has a good head for what is happening.

Brandon Andrews shoots the threes as good as anyone, moves good to the basket better than James but not as good as Jeremy. He is a great asset on defense with his quickness and aggressiveness. His weakness lies in his ball handling skills. He has improved significantly over last year but still has some room to grow.

Ben Montgomery has good size and height in the post. He owns the little short bank shots on the left side but struggles with anything beyond ten feet, including the free throw line. He is definitely the guy the other team would want to foul when the clock is running out. He is not very quick on his feet at all but that is ok as long as he stays in the post. He does a good job of anticipating the feeds. I would like to see him develop some Josh Smith type post-up moves.

Kendall Peterson is very athletic. He reminds me of Erik Larson with his vertical ability. He will be strong pulling down rebounds on both ends of the court. He has a pretty jumper but it needs a little fine tuning. His biggest problem is that he looks like he is doing his own thing on the floor and not functioning as one unit with the other four guys. He needs to find the chemistry with the rest of the team.

I think that there are some other guys on the team next year that will be big contributers if they work hard during the off season.

jeremy sexton. that's it. good job this year temple.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This next year temple will grow and get alot better....but will have trouble getting out of the best region in basketball....period... CSAS lost two seniors who never played...and grace who beat CSAS twice lost no one....I call right now that regardless of the lumps TEmple takes next year....in two years...the 2009 gold ball will be back at Temple...

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 22 2007 - 01:46 AM) 826420029[/snapback]This next year temple will grow and get alot better....but will have trouble getting out of the best region in basketball....period... CSAS lost two seniors who never played...and grace who beat CSAS twice lost no one....I call right now that regardless of the lumps TEmple takes next year....in two years...the 2009 gold ball will be back at Temple...

Again, it all goes back to the coaching. They have to have a coach who can lead them

to a championship. To be a champion you need leadership.

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 22 2007 - 01:46 AM) 826420029[/snapback]This next year temple will grow and get alot better....but will have trouble getting out of the best region in basketball....period... CSAS lost two seniors who never played...and grace who beat CSAS twice lost no one....I call right now that regardless of the lumps TEmple takes next year....in two years...the 2009 gold ball will be back at Temple...

i don't think grace will be as good as csas next year. csas beat teams better than grace during their run to the championship.

Wow, alot of rumors on this thread so may be true some may not. I have been close to several of the situations mentioned so I will throw in what I have heard.

First of all McMasters, I have heard everything from Oak Hill to Bradley Central. If I had to bet I would put my money on him staying at Grace.

I am 95% that Coach T and Josh are leaving TTU. About Josh coming to Lee, I am very close to this situation and it is hard to tell if this can happen. Lee already has a paid assitant and I dont know if they could figure out the money situation. Lee's assitant coach I believe has applied for a job at Virginia Intermont. If he gets that I would say Josh would be Lee's number one choice to replace him.

I have heard Coach Smith is done at Bradley Central, to make things more interesting I have also heard Coach T may be intersted in the job.

As far as the Temple coaching situation will go it is gonna be tough for them to bring someone in that is any good. I say if they can get Greg Brown they are dumb not to take him. The job openings at Ooltewah, Soddy, TTU, and Bradley Central are much more attractive jobs for a coach looking for a job.

Now how will temple be next year? Personally I dont think they will be very good. The Temple dynasty may have come to an end. I dont see them bringing in many more players, and the situtation as far as facities go are not getting any better. But I have been wrong before.

Thats what I got

CSAS surprised a lot of people by even making it out of their region this year. Few outside their own huddle expected them to make it to state or the championship game. I remember some CSAS fans and/or players posting on here in the fall about how the Pats were going to be good and tough to beat and many doubted, including myself, though, I did have them picked to finish second in the region behind Temple.

I think many are going to be surprised next year with a reloading (not rebuilding) Temple team. Most of the teams at state seemed to be surprised by the kind of play the Pats and Crusaders brought to the floor. The Crusaders will return next year and be a tough opponent for any team on the court. Jeremy Sexton has been playing in the shadows more than most realize and will be a strong leader for the next two years. Do not be surprised next year when you see Temple back at the state tournament.

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 22 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826420648[/snapback]CSAS surprised a lot of people by even making it out of their region this year. Few outside their own huddle expected them to make it to state or the championship game. I remember some CSAS fans and/or players posting on here in the fall about how the Pats were going to be good and tough to beat and many doubted, including myself, though, I did have them picked to finish second in the region behind Temple.

I think many are going to be surprised next year with a reloading (not rebuilding) Temple team. Most of the teams at state seemed to be surprised by the kind of play the Pats and Crusaders brought to the floor. The Crusaders will return next year and be a tough opponent for any team on the court. Jeremy Sexton has been playing in the shadows more than most realize and will be a strong leader for the next two years. Do not be surprised next year when you see Temple back at the state tournament.

are you joking? jeremy sexton can't take his team all the way by himself. nobody else on temple will be able to step up for a long long time. csas and grace take region 3 next year.

Jeremy will need help - but he COULD be the best player in region 3-a....they may not go "all the way"...but they are not going to be a team you want to play in a go home situation....brandon andrews was also playing in the shadows he had over 40 in a jv game at the beginning of the year(just to say he can SHOOT)...james kemp can stroke when he is on...I think this Temple team next year COULD surprise people (JUST LIKE CSAS DID THIS YEAR!!!)

again Temple SHOULD win the state championship in '09....

I think that the possiblility exists that Temple can pull things together next year to have a good year, but probably not like this year. First they must find a good coach and hire him. Secondly, they must make sure that Jeremy Sexton does not transfer. He says he is staying now, but it is a long offseason for him to consider. Third, they have to try to find SENIOR leadership like they had this year with the CHEMISTRY that they had this year. I can see numbers one and two happening, but number three may be a year or more away. CSAS has some work to do, but their success in their run came as a result of finally buying in to the gameplan and athletic depth. With almost everyone back next year, it will be up to the Patriots how far they go and what they will win.

Temple has three state titles in baskeball. Next year's starters know what is on the table. Can they win state in '08? Who knows. It is doubtful that the basketball team will get as slow a start next year as they did this year since there will not be so many football players on the team. Temple will have a different look than what they have had in the past but I am guessing that they will be very successful, yet again. They will make it to the 'boro in '08 and that is a reachable goal.

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 24 2007 - 06:30 PM) 826421704[/snapback]Temple has three state titles in baskeball. Next year's starters know what is on the table. Can they win state in '08? Who knows. It is doubtful that the basketball team will get as slow a start next year as they did this year since there will not be so many football players on the team. Temple will have a different look than what they have had in the past but I am guessing that they will be very successful, yet again. They will make it to the 'boro in '08 and that is a reachable goal.

They must find the right coach first. A mistake here could be fatal.