TEMPLE

Green_Acres

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 27 2007 - 10:34 AM) 826423804[/snapback]I am sure Caleb will do a fine job, eventually and I agree that we need to pray for him (No, he does not have any sons, but I think he has a step-daughter).

Mrs. Pearson mentioned in the paper something about his longevity. He has never coached high school basketball. He has not ever coached longer than two years in one place. He has three years total experience. Where he has coached basketball did not have good programs. Someone mentioned earlier that he hasn't won. Those are things that concern me for a kid that is pretty much fresh out of college and probably would not have even been considered for the job if it was not for his connections. These are things that concern me considering that there were more qualified, experienced, capable candidates for the job. It has a very distinct smell of this year's girls' basketball program. I am reminded again of the adminstration's incapacity to make any kind of good decisions when it comes to the athletic program and the future direction of Temple.

What is it that excites Mrs. Pearson about the future of Temple's athletic program, it's demise?

PBG, thanks for your encouraging comments about Caleb and you are right, he will probably do a good job just from his experience from being at the school but, with the emerging talent coming back next year, I am concerned that there isn't much time and my hope was that we would have someone come in who would not try to change things around but stay in line with a proven system. I do not know if there is a better defensive team on the floor then the one we saw in Murfreesboro. The teams he referred to in the past when he was a player never won a title other than the one when he was in college.

It seems to me that a seasoned veteran was what we needed to step in and take up the fight, not an uproven kid. He really, in my opinion, does not have the credentials to be an assistant coach at the high school level much less be the AD and head boys coach.

I think she was saying he would be there for a long time, not what he has done in the past.

The returning players at Temple have been coached by seasoned, mature, fifty-plus year old men who have have a tremendous amount of experience, most of it very positive. When they demanded something to be done in practice or in games, I am sure that it happened. When there was an issue at school, their advice and experience I am sure was considered. When you hire a twenty-five year old to run your program, you lose all of these positives. I have said before and I will say it again, the new coach had better be sure that his first priority is to keep the players he has. Given the right situation, players leaving could find themselves eligible next year at a new school. This is what the new coach needs to understand and to worry about. A player will tell a new coach he is staying while the whole time he is looking to leave and there are lots of schools who would take Jeremy Sexton.

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 27 2007 - 08:34 AM) 826423804[/snapback]I am sure Caleb will do a fine job, eventually and I agree that we need to pray for him (No, he does not have any sons, but I think he has a step-daughter).

Mrs. Pearson mentioned in the paper something about his longevity. He has never coached high school basketball. He has not ever coached longer than two years in one place. He has three years total experience. Where he has coached basketball did not have good programs. Someone mentioned earlier that he hasn't won. Those are things that concern me for a kid that is pretty much fresh out of college and probably would not have even been considered for the job if it was not for his connections. These are things that concern me considering that there were more qualified, experienced, capable candidates for the job. It has a very distinct smell of this year's girls' basketball program. I am reminded again of the adminstration's incapacity to make any kind of good decisions when it comes to the athletic program and the future direction of Temple.

What is it that excites Mrs. Pearson about the future of Temple's athletic program, it's demise?

PBG, thanks for your encouraging comments about Caleb and you are right, he will probably do a good job just from his experience from being at the school but, with the emerging talent coming back next year, I am concerned that there isn't much time and my hope was that we would have someone come in who would not try to change things around but stay in line with a proven system. I do not know if there is a better defensive team on the floor then the one we saw in Murfreesboro. The teams he referred to in the past when he was a player never won a title other than the one when he was in college.

It seems to me that a seasoned veteran was what we needed to step in and take up the fight, not an uproven kid. He really, in my opinion, does not have the credentials to be an assistant coach at the high school level much less be the AD and head boys coach.

I agree for the most part.... the most confusing thing to me was what he said in the article " he wants to get back to the defense of the past temple teams....What on earth does this mean??? Does he mean like the years BEFORE TEMPLE STARTED WINNING STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS???? Temple gave up an average of 44 pts a game in the state tournament....is that bad defense??? he wants and expects better than that??? that was a dumb comment... I think he should stick with whatever was being done in the past 6 years....3 gold balls.... and 10-2 record at the 'boro... ain't too shaby...

I will say he is going to have WAY more pressure on him than he even realizes...when you inherit a team like Temple who has done what I just mentioned....and just coming off a gold ball year..... that is alot of pressure...

They didnt have the players to play like they have in the past several years. When he played, they HAD to play good defense, slow the game down and shoot the threes. He is not insulting the present system. Give him a break.

Temple beat some pretty good teams back in the day and one one state championship. Without the Skogens, they will have to play different style, even if Sexton stays around. The game changes with your personel. Give him time.

I hope that he made Temple write him a contract, guaranteeing him the amount of money they settled on. I know how Temple treats their employees and its not very good, I will go ahead and say I will be very surprised if he receives the salary they have told him they are going to pay him

Temple beat some pretty good teams back in the day and one one state championship. Without the Skogens, they will have to play different style, even if Sexton stays around. The game changes with your personel. Give him time.

They didn't win a state championship back in the day, they were runner-up to Ezell Harding.

QUOTE(gofish12 @ Mar 27 2007 - 01:30 PM) 826424093[/snapback]I hope that he made Temple write him a contract, guaranteeing him the amount of money they settled on. I know how Temple treats their employees and its not very good, I will go ahead and say I will be very surprised if he receives the salary they have told him they are going to pay him

Exactly!!!!