Magnet Schools and basketball

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 23 2007 - 04:34 PM) 826443613[/snapback]"you people" for those of you who cant figure it out is toward "private school supporters" If it offends you get over it. Why you want to make this into something its not is beyond me, but YOU PEOPLE never seem to amaze me.

Oh, believe me, it takes a LOT more than that to offend me! LOL!!! I was, if you will notice the context of my post, simply poking fun at your choice of words, to which some people in the past have taken offense.

BTW, you didn't respond to the rest of my post, so let me attempt to make my point by asking a couple of questions.

Does MPHS have to play against teams/schools that allow overage students to participate (whatever the TSSAA age limitation is)? If they do, they are at a distinct UNFAIR disadvantage.

Does MPHS have to play against teams/schools that get to count their touchdowns as 8 points instead of 6 points? If they do, they are at a distinct UNFAIR disadvantage.

Does MPHS have to play against teams/schools that are allowed to play football with 12 or more players on the field? If they do, they they are at a distinct UNFAIR disadvantage.

If MPHS has to play against teams/schools that have better players, better coaches, better facilities, better equipment, etc., they may be at some disadvantage, but that is FAR FROM UNFAIR. If so, welcome to the club! I would humbly submit to you, THAT IS LIFE.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok let me understand MPS or PMS, I think the fair thing to do is put all privates out, all magnets out, all schools in a city with a population larger than 100,000, put all schools out if the school population has over 50% parent involvment. Put out all schools where kids put in extra time and effort, or attend camps. Put out all schools that have more than one national merit scholar, maybe that would even the playing field.

QUOTE(KCHSCoach @ Apr 24 2007 - 12:29 PM) 826444228[/snapback]Ok let me understand MPS or PMS, I think the fair thing to do is put all privates out, all magnets out, all schools in a city with a population larger than 100,000, put all schools out if the school population has over 50% parent involvment. Put out all schools where kids put in extra time and effort, or attend camps. Put out all schools that have more than one national merit scholar, maybe that would even the playing field.

You're catching on now. In the search for the LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, you have to be able to segregate Tennessee high schools by more and more criteria because, as we all know, life is always fair except in Tennessee high school athletics.

I thought I`d post this here on this thread. Liberty High School has reached an overcrowding point and it`s inevitable that something has to be done. What is being proposed is that any student who is zoned for Liberty has the option to attend JCM or Southside if they so choose. So add JCM and SS to schools that can get kids from a larger area if this is approved.

Mr. MountPleasant... OVER HERE!! Pick me!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> PICK ME!!!

I have a question for you mr teacher. What is your current oppinion on the 5A transfer into Mount Pleasant??? We all know that if a good player left mount pleasant for another school you would think it is horrible but how do you feel about one comming into Mount Pleasant.....

(This is the 4th time i have asked him this question and he hasn't even acknowledged it, let alone answered it) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Apr 24 2007 - 06:51 PM) 826444385[/snapback]I thought I`d post this here on this thread. Liberty High School has reached an overcrowding point and it`s inevitable that something has to be done. What is being proposed is that any student who is zoned for Liberty has the option to attend JCM or Southside if they so choose. So add JCM and SS to schools that can get kids from a larger area if this is approved.

What's with facts! Don't you know all you need to bring to coacht is opinions formed by a massive sense of victimhood.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 24 2007 - 07:52 PM) 826444386[/snapback]Mr. MountPleasant... OVER HERE!! Pick me!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> PICK ME!!!

I have a question for you mr teacher. What is your current oppinion on the 5A transfer into Mount Pleasant??? We all know that if a good player left mount pleasant for another school you would think it is horrible but how do you feel about one comming into Mount Pleasant.....

(This is the 4th time i have asked him this question and he hasn't even acknowledged it, let alone answered it) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ive quoted it once but since you were slow understanding it I'll say it again. I have heard rumors of this, I dont know if its true. Dont know the specifics. If your so interested why dont you come find out yourself. I can promise you this. MP doesnt have kids from 9 different counties.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 25 2007 - 07:09 AM) 826444779[/snapback]Ive quoted it once but since you were slow understanding it I'll say it again. I have heard rumors of this, I dont know if its true. Dont know the specifics. If your so interested why dont you come find out yourself. I can promise you this. MP doesnt have kids from 9 different counties.

No, just 3 counties! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I did some poking around after finding out that a local friend and former MPHS faculty member attends my church. You may want to take your blinders off. I did a very short Q&A with a former faculty member and I was able to find out some interesting MPHS facts. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 25 2007 - 07:07 AM) 826444776[/snapback]It was your wife's car.

Ohhhh a personal insult...that's not very Christian like! Good thing I went to private school instead of these heathen public schools! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />