Magnet Schools and basketball

QUOTE(KublahKD @ Apr 28 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826447440[/snapback]So are those out-of-county football studs at MPHS not being taken care of by your boosters?

Yea MP's booster is just loaded with money. LOL.

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Apr 28 2007 - 12:29 PM) 826447453[/snapback]You're one of those guys who lives in a zero sum world where the only way anyone succeeds is diminishing someone else. Pretty pathetic.

Talking about calling the kettle black. LOL. You havet said one nice thing about anybody on here. All I do is give an opinion on recruiting by some (not all) privates and your poor little feelings get hurt. LOL. It cany get any better than this.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 28 2007 - 01:06 PM) 826447449[/snapback]You have to remember that he doesn't care about roundball, he cares about the little oblong one.

I don't consider a 45 - 50 minute drive away from a city as part of it. Otherwise than almost everytown from nashville to knoxville could be considered part of one or the other.

500,000 is a stretch but i think we both know they are not living in outhouses or anything. But you make the assumption that just because a school has money (which i can prove that FCS is still in debt for alot of things) it garuntee's them a powerful program in sports. If this is true then FCS is really bad at buying their sports titles considering we have been around for 25 years and just recently started to be a real state threat in any sport.

I don't know that 500,000 is a stretch or not I seen a house across the street from th football field up there that I couldn't pay for with 25 years of salary. I agree money doesn't build a program but it sure does help a lot. The school isn't the one that needs to have the money either its the community and the boosters that need it to help build a program. I you and all other privates operate the same as publics like you say you do then you get over 90% of your money for athletics from some sort of community booster club. When all of your boosters are raking in 6 figures and most of ours are struggling to make 15-20k a year your going to have more cabbage to build nicer things and have more practice equipment fancier unis and such to DRAW better athletes to your program. We have had this argument before but back to this topic I have a bigger gripe against magnet schools than I do privates. A school offers some lame specialty class so kids can come from all over to take it HORSECRAP where do these schools find all of these 6'4" athletes who just happen to love civic arts or specialized sciences.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 28 2007 - 06:59 PM) 826447614[/snapback]Talking about calling the kettle black. LOL. You havet said one nice thing about anybody on here. All I do is give an opinion on recruiting by some (not all) privates and your poor little feelings get hurt. LOL. It cany get any better than this.

Which privates? You've accused "some" based on your opinion. So, what facts form your opinion? Which large city privates are recruiting illegally and when are you going to rat them out to the TSSAA?

As far as feelings are concerned, you haven't merited any on my part other than pity for someone so ill equipped to attempt a cogent argument.

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Apr 28 2007 - 10:50 PM) 826447726[/snapback]Which privates? You've accused "some" based on your opinion. So, what facts form your opinion? Which large city privates are recruiting illegally and when are you going to rat them out to the TSSAA?

As far as feelings are concerned, you haven't merited any on my part other than pity for someone so ill equipped to attempt a cogent argument.

for the 1000th time I HAVE NO PROOF. WOW, how many times do I have to say it. Its just what I think. You on the other hand say you have proof but dont have the marbles to state counties and names.

QUOTE(KublahKD @ Apr 28 2007 - 09:42 PM) 826447669[/snapback]Well, I'm sure it's enough to take care of paying for out-of-county tuition fees....

We are entitled to our opinions, If thats what you believe than believe it. I have no proof that they dont. However living in this area, I'm willing to bet you have more money in your wallet than the boosters in MP.

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Apr 28 2007 - 09:24 PM) 826447625[/snapback]I don't know that 500,000 is a stretch or not I seen a house across the street from th football field up there that I couldn't pay for with 25 years of salary. I agree money doesn't build a program but it sure does help a lot. The school isn't the one that needs to have the money either its the community and the boosters that need it to help build a program. I you and all other privates operate the same as publics like you say you do then you get over 90% of your money for athletics from some sort of community booster club. When all of your boosters are raking in 6 figures and most of ours are struggling to make 15-20k a year your going to have more cabbage to build nicer things and have more practice equipment fancier unis and such to DRAW better athletes to your program. We have had this argument before but back to this topic I have a bigger gripe against magnet schools than I do privates. A school offers some lame specialty class so kids can come from all over to take it HORSECRAP where do these schools find all of these 6'4" athletes who just happen to love civic arts or specialized sciences.

Actually, privates have to get 100% of their athletic budgets from their boosters in one fashion or another. Plus they have to pay for their athletic facilities with their boosters, and taxes, and power, and ...well...you get the picture.

Just to put it in perspective, you know that gym that you guys are suing the MC School Board over because it was supposed to be, what, 17 million then got cut to 12 or something? Our whole campus, Pre-k - 12 including the 2 gyms and Cafeteria isn't worth your new gym. And that is why I keep saying the small publics in general have at least as much and usually more money than the small privates. We pay for EVERYTHING out of pocket...

p.s. I bet Vic makes a lot more money than we do too..but I like him and the other coaches a lot, so I'm ok with that :>)

QUOTE(Baldcoach @ Apr 29 2007 - 01:05 AM) 826447758[/snapback]Actually, privates have to get 100% of their athletic budgets from their boosters in one fashion or another. Plus they have to pay for their athletic facilities with their boosters, and taxes, and power, and ...well...you get the picture.

Just to put it in perspective, you know that gym that you guys are suing the MC School Board over because it was supposed to be, what, 17 million then got cut to 12 or something? Our whole campus, Pre-k - 12 including the 2 gyms and Cafeteria isn't worth your new gym. And that is why I keep saying the small publics in general have at least as much and usually more money than the small privates. We pay for EVERYTHING out of pocket...

p.s. I bet Vic makes a lot more money than we do too..but I like him and the other coaches a lot, so I'm ok with that :>)

First of all I think you are confusing me with someone else. I don't know anything about a 17 million dollar gym. The county I'm in has never said 17 million let alone seen it or spent it. But I've heard you argue before and frankly I'm surprised you guys can afford to feed the kids at that poor little private school your at. I mean wow you are always worse off than anyone with a gripe on here public or private. Maybe you could get the local food bank down there to donate yall some saltine crackers and bottled water so you can feed the kids on fridays.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 28 2007 - 07:59 PM) 826447614[/snapback]Yea MP's booster is just loaded with money. LOL.

Talking about calling the kettle black. LOL. You havet said one nice thing about anybody on here. All I do is give an opinion on recruiting by some (not all) privates and your poor little feelings get hurt. LOL. It cany get any better than this.

By some not all he only accuses the ones that win anything. That is why he accuses FCS, JCS, Goodpasture, CPA, Temple..... and not Mount Juliet Christian, or Grace Baptist

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Apr 28 2007 - 08:24 PM) 826447625[/snapback]I don't know that 500,000 is a stretch or not I seen a house across the street from th football field up there that I couldn't pay for with 25 years of salary. The school isn't the one that needs to have the money either its the community and the boosters that need it to help build a program. I you and all other privates operate the same as publics like you say you do then you get over 90% of your money for athletics from some sort of community booster club. When all of your boosters are raking in 6 figures and most of ours are struggling to make 15-20k a year your going to have more cabbage to build nicer things and have more practice equipment fancier unis and such to DRAW better athletes to your program.

There is only one (mabey two) houses across the street from FCS's field and they are both small two stories house built mabey a year ago

I understand what you are saying but you gotta take me on faith that a majority of your private schools kids have parents that sacrifice alot to get them there. (and no i am not talking about the second ferrari). Yes we have better parent involvement that some schools but that is something even publics could do.

On average, yes Private schools parents probobly make more a year than public school parents and therefor have deeper pockets to give out of. But don't tell me that public schools can't keep up because it is all parent involvement. I have seen publics that do keep up. Smith Countys field puts FCS to shame. Trousdale County and south pitt both have equipment to rival any league. Private Schools as a whole do have some advantages over public schools. But the two biggest things any high school football program can have to draw kids is this. 1. Tradition 2. Equipment. Both of these can be achieved by a public school and a private school. I firmly believe that it is totally parent involvement that draws kids to either a public or a private, and if you want to be honest you can go to either one if you want to.

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Apr 29 2007 - 10:11 AM) 826447813[/snapback]First of all I think you are confusing me with someone else. I don't know anything about a 17 million dollar gym. The county I'm in has never said 17 million let alone seen it or spent it. But I've heard you argue before and frankly I'm surprised you guys can afford to feed the kids at that poor little private school your at. I mean wow you are always worse off than anyone with a gripe on here public or private. Maybe you could get the local food bank down there to donate yall some saltine crackers and bottled water so you can feed the kids on fridays.

Heh...thought you were a South Pitt Fan. And in general the small privates are worse off than the small publics when it comes to funds. Its a fact, its just inconvenient for some of the posters on here since they base a lot of their animosity toward privates on an incorrectly perceived monetary advantage.

Who do you root for Eagle?

p.s. I'm all for South Pitt getting their gym...used here for illustration only!

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 29 2007 - 02:15 PM) 826447917[/snapback]On average, yes Private schools parents probobly make more a year than public school parents and therefor have deeper pockets to give out of. But don't tell me that public schools can't keep up because it is all parent involvement. I have seen publics that do keep up. Smith Countys field puts FCS to shame. Trousdale County and south pitt both have equipment to rival any league. Private Schools as a whole do have some advantages over public schools. But the two biggest things any high school football program can have to draw kids is this. 1. Tradition 2. Equipment. Both of these can be achieved by a public school and a private school. I firmly believe that it is totally parent involvement that draws kids to either a public or a private, and if you want to be honest you can go to either one if you want to.

As a player which would you rather go to; the public school with poor equipment and poor parent involvement or the Private that has parents who are willing to fork out more money to see their kids play on nice fields. Where I’m from (I don’t know if this is how it is everywhere) the Private schools want for nothing while public schools have trouble just paying for the bare essentials.

QUOTE(soccerplayr @ Apr 29 2007 - 07:59 PM) 826448002[/snapback]As a player which would you rather go to; the public school with poor equipment and poor parent involvement or the Private that has parents who are willing to fork out more money to see their kids play on nice fields. Where I’m from (I don’t know if this is how it is everywhere) the Private schools want for nothing while public schools have trouble just paying for the bare essentials.

As a player?

i would go to Trousdale County to play football where the school was moved and the whole town had so much pride in the football field that they refused to move the field.

Mabey i would go to South Pitt where the entire drive from interstate to field is marked by orange and black signs and EVERY business has signs that say "gone to game" on a friday night.

How about i go on down to Maryville where i could be a part of an undefeated career in high school....

Might just stop by Alcoa where i can play at a small school of a few hundred and have the knowledge that we could beat over half the schools with 2-3 thousand.

There is mabey 5 percent of privates like the one you talk about that "wants nothing" it is brentwood, mccallie, ect. As for the rest of us, we count on the QB clubs just like poor little public schools do.