Magnet Schools and basketball

QUOTE(Baldcoach @ Apr 29 2007 - 05:09 PM) 826447932[/snapback]Heh...thought you were a South Pitt Fan. And in general the small privates are worse off than the small publics when it comes to funds. Its a fact, its just inconvenient for some of the posters on here since they base a lot of their animosity toward privates on an incorrectly perceived monetary advantage.

Who do you root for Eagle?

p.s. I'm all for South Pitt getting their gym...used here for illustration only!

I'm from Cosby , a small community in Cocke County. You probly know more of us from B-Ball (deep tradition in that sport) we have made strides in football lately though back to back winning seasons (9-2 last year) but I can promise you there isn't a private school (that I've been to) with a greater need for fascilities and equipment than us. We are in region 1A, our fascilities aren't a fourth of what FCS has and there are only two schools in our region with better fascilities than us ,Hampton , and Du du duuu Grace christian academy the only private in our region in only their third year of existence. We work hard and parents do what they can to help but we get very little if any county money and coaches do all of the improvements and maintenance themselves. I'll agree money won't buy wins , but it will buy practice equipment , nicer fascilities to draw better players or players period , and thats something we just don't have. Maybe all privates aren't super rich , and I know there are some small publics with better stuff , but they're not in upper East TN. There is'nt a school in our region with a visitors locker room , one soft cushy bermuda grass field (and I'll let you guess where that is ..........GCA) Cosby unaka and cloudland are lucky to have grass on their field halfway through the season mainly because none of us have a practice field , We got nice new unis two years ago the first in about 10 years (the home ec. teacher went through a lot of blue thread during that time) and I think we get new unis more often than everyone else except maybe you know who. GCA hasn't beat us yet but they did make the playoffs last year , and are getting better every year (with a totally new group of kids every time)

QUOTE(Baldcoach @ Apr 29 2007 - 05:09 PM) 826447932[/snapback]Heh...thought you were a South Pitt Fan. And in general the small privates are worse off than the small publics when it comes to funds. Its a fact, its just inconvenient for some of the posters on here since they base a lot of their animosity toward privates on an incorrectly perceived monetary advantage.

Who do you root for Eagle?

p.s. I'm all for South Pitt getting their gym...used here for illustration only!

I'm from Cosby , a small community in Cocke County. You probly know more of us from B-Ball (deep tradition in that sport) we have made strides in football lately though back to back winning seasons (9-2 last year) but I can promise you there isn't a private school (that I've been to) with a greater need for fascilities and equipment than us. We are in region 1A, our fascilities aren't a fourth of what FCS has and there are only two schools in our region with better fascilities than us ,Hampton , and Du du duuu Grace christian academy the only private in our region in only their third year of existence. We work hard and parents do what they can to help but we get very little if any county money and coaches do all of the improvements and maintenance themselves. I'll agree money won't buy wins , but it will buy practice equipment , nicer fascilities to draw better players or players period , and thats something we just don't have. Maybe all privates aren't super rich , and I know there are some small publics with better stuff , but they're not in upper East TN. There is'nt a school in our region with a visitors locker room , one soft cushy bermuda grass field (and I'll let you guess where that is ..........GCA) Cosby unaka and cloudland are lucky to have grass on their field halfway through the season mainly because none of us have a practice field , We got nice new unis two years ago the first in about 10 years (the home ec. teacher went through a lot of blue thread during that time) and I think we get new unis more often than everyone else except maybe you know who. GCA hasn't beat us yet but they did make the playoffs last year , and are getting better every year (with a totally new group of kids every time)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 29 2007 - 09:14 PM) 826448016[/snapback]As a player?

i would go to Trousdale County to play football where the school was moved and the whole town had so much pride in the football field that they refused to move the field.

Mabey i would go to South Pitt where the entire drive from interstate to field is marked by orange and black signs and EVERY business has signs that say "gone to game" on a friday night.

How about i go on down to Maryville where i could be a part of an undefeated career in high school....

Might just stop by Alcoa where i can play at a small school of a few hundred and have the knowledge that we could beat over half the schools with 2-3 thousand.

There is mabey 5 percent of privates like the one you talk about that "wants nothing" it is brentwood, mccallie, ect. As for the rest of us, we count on the QB clubs just like poor little public schools do.

But to do all of that you would have to move into that school district , go through all of the legalities to get eligible , and all that rigamarow , or you could just go to private school or that crap they call magnet schools.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 28 2007 - 10:15 PM) 826447738[/snapback]for the 1000th time I HAVE NO PROOF. WOW, how many times do I have to say it. Its just what I think. You on the other hand say you have proof but dont have the marbles to state counties and names.

Proof of what? You're confusing posters. It's not me making unsubstantiated accusations of cheating. I'm really curious about your thinking process. You casually accuse individuals of cheating but offer no rationale except you "think" they're cheating. What forms your thought process other than little MPH Jr can't win a state championship because big bad private does.

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Apr 29 2007 - 07:48 PM) 826448038[/snapback]But to do all of that you would have to move into that school district , go through all of the legalities to get eligible , and all that rigamarow , or you could just go to private school or that crap they call magnet schools.

how are magnet schools crap? ... anyhow... if your talking about school pride and relating it to magnet schools, which is what this topic is about, magnet schools, once again in my experience, have trouble finding school pride because they pool from other towns who have a strong hometown pride. but not sure why your hating on magnet schools hope its not a personal thing like you didn't get into one. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Apr 29 2007 - 08:09 PM) 826448050[/snapback]Proof of what? You're confusing posters. It's not me making unsubstantiated accusations of cheating. I'm really curious about your thinking process. You casually accuse individuals of cheating but offer no rationale except you "think" they're cheating. What forms your thought process other than little MPH Jr can't win a state championship because big bad private does.

I'm not sure if this is what he is talking about but in our area many good soccer players come and have their dads take a Cushy job title like assistant assistant coach or the school will hire a new coach and a player will live with the coach. public schools are not able to do this. not saying that’s cheating as much as it is looking around the roles. in my experience you just have to grit your teeth and deal with it.

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Apr 29 2007 - 08:39 PM) 826448033[/snapback]I'm from Cosby , a small community in Cocke County. You probly know more of us from B-Ball (deep tradition in that sport) we have made strides in football lately though back to back winning seasons (9-2 last year) but I can promise you there isn't a private school (that I've been to) with a greater need for fascilities and equipment than us. We are in region 1A, our fascilities aren't a fourth of what FCS has and there are only two schools in our region with better fascilities than us ,Hampton , and Du du duuu Grace christian academy the only private in our region in only their third year of existence. We work hard and parents do what they can to help but we get very little if any county money and coaches do all of the improvements and maintenance themselves. I'll agree money won't buy wins , but it will buy practice equipment , nicer fascilities to draw better players or players period , and thats something we just don't have. Maybe all privates aren't super rich , and I know there are some small publics with better stuff , but they're not in upper East TN. There is'nt a school in our region with a visitors locker room , one soft cushy bermuda grass field (and I'll let you guess where that is ..........GCA) Cosby unaka and cloudland are lucky to have grass on their field halfway through the season mainly because none of us have a practice field , We got nice new unis two years ago the first in about 10 years (the home ec. teacher went through a lot of blue thread during that time) and I think we get new unis more often than everyone else except maybe you know who. GCA hasn't beat us yet but they did make the playoffs last year , and are getting better every year (with a totally new group of kids every time)

It sounds to me that your entire region has problems in terms of funds. I realize that the one exception is the one private school, but there is alot of differences in other regions. For example in region 4-1A. Trousdale has the best facilities by far, then is FCS, and Gordonsville isn't far behind. I'm just trying to say that the entire state is not like the way your region is with the "everyone has no funds for equipment, field work, or jerseys except the privates." it simply isn't like that most places west of knoxville.

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Apr 29 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826448038[/snapback]But to do all of that you would have to move into that school district , go through all of the legalities to get eligible , and all that rigamarow , or you could just go to private school or that crap they call magnet schools.

Actually, the cost of four years at your average private schools is around 30 grand. I know that doesn't buy a house in another school zone, but i do know it isn't unheard of to upgrade a house and put junior into a new school all at once.

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Apr 29 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826448050[/snapback]Proof of what? You're confusing posters. It's not me making unsubstantiated accusations of cheating. I'm really curious about your thinking process. You casually accuse individuals of cheating but offer no rationale except you "think" they're cheating. What forms your thought process other than little MPH Jr can't win a state championship because big bad private does.

Don't bring his kid into it.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 29 2007 - 09:22 PM) 826448107[/snapback]It sounds to me that your entire region has problems in terms of funds. I realize that the one exception is the one private school, but there is alot of differences in other regions. For example in region 4-1A. Trousdale has the best facilities by far, then is FCS, and Gordonsville isn't far behind. I'm just trying to say that the entire state is not like the way your region is with the "everyone has no funds for equipment, field work, or jerseys except the privates." it simply isn't like that most places west of knoxville.

Actually, the cost of four years at your average private schools is around 30 grand. I know that doesn't buy a house in another school zone, but i do know it isn't unheard of to upgrade a house and put junior into a new school all at once.

First of all, I don't know him (really wouldn't want to) and don't know if he actually has a kid (should be laws against folks like MPH reproducing). Other than the fact that MPH's high school (Did MPH actually graduate from one?) hasn't won a sufficient amount of state championships do you think he'd be on coacht with some of the worst reasoned arguments ever to be posted? The guy insults private schools, their students, their administrations and the parents of students by accusing them of cheating with no other support for his conclusions other than they've been successful.

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Apr 29 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826448050[/snapback]Proof of what? You're confusing posters. It's not me making unsubstantiated accusations of cheating. I'm really curious about your thinking process. You casually accuse individuals of cheating but offer no rationale except you "think" they're cheating. What forms your thought process other than little MPH Jr can't win a state championship because big bad private does.

I'm sorry I was thinking of tnsdeveloper or something like that. However you are the one that likes to attack personally when bringing up family members. It use to bother me, but I just realized you are probably (or you are acting like) one of those people who stand 5'1" 112 pounds with a pencil holder in his pocket who likes to talk trash on the computer because you wouldnt dare say a word like that in person. LOL. I think there are privates that recriut, I have heard several private posters accuse the public schools of doing the same thing. Are you gonna "get bad" on your "own people" for making such horrible a pathetic cheating comments?

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Apr 30 2007 - 07:48 AM) 826448190[/snapback]First of all, I don't know him (really wouldn't want to) and don't know if he actually has a kid (should be laws against folks like MPH reproducing). Other than the fact that MPH's high school (Did MPH actually graduate from one?) hasn't won a sufficient amount of state championships do you think he'd be on coacht with some of the worst reasoned arguments ever to be posted? The guy insults private schools, their students, their administrations and the parents of students by accusing them of cheating with no other support for his conclusions other than they've been successful.

So all the private posters who accuse publics of cheat are "uneducated people". See you people like to attack personally. I give an opinion as does private posters. The deal with me is I might not have a glorious private school education, but atleast my daddy raised me to be the bigger person and not attack someones character just because I dont like what they said. I could fire back here pretty good but I will just listen to an ole wise man who by the way didnt have a high school education, but worked his butt off everyday so his son could get his college education. I'm sure now you will fire back at him because you have no other means of debating a subject other than personal attack, but go ahead I forgive ya.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 29 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826448107[/snapback]Actually, the cost of four years at your average private schools is around 30 grand. I know that doesn't buy a house in another school zone, but i do know it isn't unheard of to upgrade a house and put junior into a new school all at once.

But it can buy a first free year at some colleges if you attend there high school 4 years.

Thank you

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Apr 29 2007 - 07:39 PM) 826448033[/snapback]I'm from Cosby , a small community in Cocke County. You probly know more of us from B-Ball (deep tradition in that sport) we have made strides in football lately though back to back winning seasons (9-2 last year) but I can promise you there isn't a private school (that I've been to) with a greater need for fascilities and equipment than us. We are in region 1A, our fascilities aren't a fourth of what FCS has and there are only two schools in our region with better fascilities than us ,Hampton , and Du du duuu Grace christian academy the only private in our region in only their third year of existence. We work hard and parents do what they can to help but we get very little if any county money and coaches do all of the improvements and maintenance themselves. I'll agree money won't buy wins , but it will buy practice equipment , nicer fascilities to draw better players or players period , and thats something we just don't have. Maybe all privates aren't super rich , and I know there are some small publics with better stuff , but they're not in upper East TN. There is'nt a school in our region with a visitors locker room , one soft cushy bermuda grass field (and I'll let you guess where that is ..........GCA) Cosby unaka and cloudland are lucky to have grass on their field halfway through the season mainly because none of us have a practice field , We got nice new unis two years ago the first in about 10 years (the home ec. teacher went through a lot of blue thread during that time) and I think we get new unis more often than everyone else except maybe you know who. GCA hasn't beat us yet but they did make the playoffs last year , and are getting better every year (with a totally new group of kids every time)

I bet Baldcoach would trade his school's basketball facilities for yours in a heartbeat! I was at Cosby in the 1997 sub-state game against Boyd Buchanan (Cosby ran the Bucs out of the gym). I have NEVER been to a better basketball astmosphere.