Ooltewah Football

fargen01

ok sir, all i said was Oliver would most likely have the starting QB spot for the ooltewah freshman team.....im not trying to talk anyone up.......was just my opinion, and we are here to post our opinions and i spoke my mind.......i was answering a question you asked about playing time and starting roles on the football field and i gave my opinion.

so please dont blow things out of proportion....this conversation is over its back to talking about Ooltewah Football! Go Owls!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2007 Ooltewah Football Preview:

Offense:

The two biggest concerns heading into pre-season practice is finding an offensive line that can protect favored starting quarterback Brantley Smith. Two all-region lineman are back with 3 spots to fill, which have coaches scratching their heads trying to find somone to step up in the trenches. Brantley Smith transfered from McCallie last season as a sophomore; however built like Jeremy Woods, has never played a down of varsity football under center. With this said, The Owls will more than likely play more smash mouth football with SR Brian Marshall,JR Matthew Polk, and SO Brandon Beryll. Both Polk and Marshall Run under 4.5 40s and Beryll is a punshing runner on short gains. If passing game improves, the Newcomer this year and will make an imediate impact is Junior Sammy Seamster. The 6'2 wide reciever was featured on the school's track team with Tim Williams 2nd fastest player and Johnny Myricks and Gino Norwood both 6'3. In addition to the speedy recievers will be veteran Ryne Shumaker who is one of the most dangerous wide recievers with his velcro hands and ability to break into the open field.

Defense:

The Defensive line will be led by 3 year starter Justin McReynolds who has a nose for the football and JaMichael Greer. THe ends will be Jaques Smith and Brock Oliver both saw plenty of playing time behind Darryl Turner and Leach last season both put alot of pressure on the quarter back. The linebackers will be back with returning SLB Stuart Taylor and MLB Garrison Caldwell and the WLB spot is still open. The Secondary will be much much improved with new secondary coach and with Nathan Swafford, Sammy Seamster, and others. Coach Greene led his defense to 47 turnovers last season and this defense is much more athletic and faster than last years team.

With this being said Ooltewah will be younger but much faster than last years team. They will be tested early with a trip to William Blount and later to Farragut where they lost both games in 2005. But with a 13-1 record last season the Owls are the team to beat in 2007.

2007 Ooltewah Football Preview:

Offense:

The two biggest concerns heading into pre-season practice is finding an offensive line that can protect favored starting quarterback Brantley Smith. Two all-region lineman are back with 3 spots to fill, which have coaches scratching their heads trying to find somone to step up in the trenches. Brantley Smith transfered from McCallie last season as a sophomore; however built like Jeremy Woods, has never played a down of varsity football under center. With this said, The Owls will more than likely play more smash mouth football with SR Brian Marshall,JR Matthew Polk, and SO Brandon Beryll. Both Polk and Marshall Run under 4.5 40s and Beryll is a punshing runner on short gains. If passing game improves, the Newcomer this year and will make an imediate impact is Junior Sammy Seamster. The 6'2 wide reciever was featured on the school's track team with Tim Williams 2nd fastest player and Johnny Myricks and Gino Norwood both 6'3. In addition to the speedy recievers will be veteran Ryne Shumaker who is one of the most dangerous wide recievers with his velcro hands and ability to break into the open field.

Defense:

The Defensive line will be led by 3 year starter Justin McReynolds who has a nose for the football and JaMichael Greer. THe ends will be Jaques Smith and Brock Oliver both saw plenty of playing time behind Darryl Turner and Leach last season both put alot of pressure on the quarter back. The linebackers will be back with returning SLB Stuart Taylor and MLB Garrison Caldwell and the WLB spot is still open. The Secondary will be much much improved with new secondary coach and with Nathan Swafford, Sammy Seamster, and others. Coach Greene led his defense to 47 turnovers last season and this defense is much more athletic and faster than last years team.

With this being said Ooltewah will be younger but much faster than last years team. They will be tested early with a trip to William Blount and later to Farragut where they lost both games in 2005. But with a 13-1 record last season the Owls are the team to beat in 2007.

Owlpride : is right on for the most part!!! ooltewah is the the team to beat,right now,I dont want to talk them up,too much,don t want to jinx em!!! does anyone know if,the owls will get a 10th game before the season starts? And how many jv games,do they play a year? AND HOW COME NOBODY AROUND TOWN,news papers ...radio ...tv news never really talk about ooltewah football,last night on stump he beat around the bush about ooltewah,but talked up redbank and some others,esp...his georgia teams? IS it because covington gives him a hard time.,..or because none of the georgia teams can hang w/ ooltewah and others? GO TAFT!!!!!!

I have talked to some of my coaching friends around town and accordding to them,w/ the bunch of boys coming through ooltewah(sophs n juniors),no freshman will get playing time,unless ooltewah is up by 100 pionts. And small as nothing to do with playing time,(look at brian marshall)even though marshall is lightning fast.if you can play football or anything ,coaches dont care are big you are. friday night seems to have the right attitude and common sense. further more owlszz should be happy that ooltewah is getting good talent year in year out. GO TIGERSSSSSS!!!!!!!

size does have something to do with it, how many people are marshall's size and can run like him. Not many! If he didnt have sub 4.4 speed, do you think he would be the running back. He just doesnt take alot of hits cause of his speed. And Brady Reed will be the starting qb as long as his family finds a house this summer.

I just looked and the Ooltewah scheduled has still not been posted completely. Would someone do it that has knowledge of it? FridayNightLights...you seem to have knowledge of Ooltewah football. Is the Reed finding a house in Ooltewah what will make him eligible to play this fall? Still think it is odd that he was using the facilities at Baylor for weeks this summer and working out there until dead period started. He must have known then that he was planning to go to Ooltewah then. Just odd. Go Lions!

size does have something to do with it, how many people are marshall's size and can run like him. Not many! If he didnt have sub 4.4 speed, do you think he would be the running back. He just doesnt take alot of hits cause of his speed. And Brady Reed will be the starting qb as long as his family finds a house this summer.

I just looked and the Ooltewah scheduled has still not been posted completely. Would someone do it that has knowledge of it? FridayNightLights...you seem to have knowledge of Ooltewah football. Is the Reed finding a house in Ooltewah what will make him eligible to play this fall? Still think it is odd that he was using the facilities at Baylor for weeks this summer and working out there until dead period started. He must have known then that he was planning to go to Ooltewah then. Just odd. Go Lions!

Reed won't transfer. For one thing, he'd be ineligible.

Iv seen goose play and he isnt much...iv seen Oliver play and he will most likely be at the starting QB spot for the Ooltewah freshman team....so to answer ur question if he will have to sit this year?....my answer is unless he gets alot better he will most likely sit all 4 years if he stays at ooltewah......sorry to hurt your feelings

just dont try to talk a kid up too much if you have no idea....k, thanks

i cannot believe someone would say that about a kid that could possibly get on here and read this about them selves, these kids are in the 9 th grade for goodness sake!! and owlzz is your kid any good? has he started on the varsity since his freshman year? and the size thing does not matter i dont care who you are or what you play if you ve got the desire and the god given talent then it doesnt matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arent you a small fella to the best of my knowledge? exactly! GO POUNDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure about all this trash talking,between you all,but either do it on your on comments page,or just not say anything at all! I do agree with 2 seam,that some of this is harsh, its just freshman ball, not the superbowl. Now ,if you all are just having some fun with each other,(if you know each other?),then I geuss its all in good fun,but I would leave the kids names out of it.

Owlpride : is right on for the most part!!! ooltewah is the the team to beat,right now,I dont want to talk them up,too much,don t want to jinx em!!! does anyone know if,the owls will get a 10th game before the season starts? And how many jv games,do they play a year? AND HOW COME NOBODY AROUND TOWN,news papers ...radio ...tv news never really talk about ooltewah football,last night on stump he beat around the bush about ooltewah,but talked up redbank and some others,esp...his georgia teams? IS it because covington gives him a hard time.,..or because none of the georgia teams can hang w/ ooltewah and others? GO TAFT!!!!!!

The reason why Ooltewah does not get press is because the majority of the writers from Chattanooga Times Free Press either have family or themselves went to Red Bank,McCallie, Baylor, or Notre Dame, explaining 5 pages of press on saturday morning. And no, ooltewah will not have a tenth game which is a HUGE advantage if you know anything about football. 15 games is brutal in a season, thats more than college football, and one less will only help Ooltewah's chances of going to Murfreesboro. To answer your ? :JV only plays 4 or 5 games.

Reed won't transfer. For one thing, he'd be ineligible.

Reed is in the weightroom and is at practice with the Ooltewah Varsity. Tall, but no superstar. Brantley Smith knows the system and has more experience as a junior. Its hard for a sophomore to take over the reigns when he doesnt know the plays come August.

Reed is in the weightroom and is at practice with the Ooltewah Varsity. Tall, but no superstar. Brantley Smith knows the system and has more experience as a junior. Its hard for a sophomore to take over the reigns when he doesnt know the plays come August.

who was the backup qb last year, or the 3 string, ooltewah shouldnt have to depend on anybody transfering from anywhere, is there really a qb issue or do we not really know whats going on up there? its hard for a sophomore to do anything as a starter reguardless of position or size so i ll agree with owlpride on that one. you ve got to be a STUD to play at a school as big Ooltewah and with the talent up there, no matter what some people consider superstar status.