Smyrna 2007

january25

for all the dreamers out there

sonny will be the qb at smyrna this yr 100% no question about it

smyrna has enough talent to be in the state championship hunt again -- will they win it? who knows but at least they have the talent to try

the truth is every yr there are about 5 or 6 teams in the hunt and to win you have to be one of them

to much worry to early about the chamionship -- just play the games enjoy the journey and all the rest will take care of its self

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(82cat @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826445851[/snapback]for all the dreamers out there

sonny will be the qb at smyrna this yr 100% no question about it

smyrna has enough talent to be in the state championship hunt again -- will they win it? who knows but at least they have the talent to try

the truth is every yr there are about 5 or 6 teams in the hunt and to win you have to be one of them

to much worry to early about the chamionship -- just play the games enjoy the journey and all the rest will take care of its self

Well said. Riverdale makes it look easy over the course of the regular season when they have had to try to defend their title. There is so much parity in sports today where it is just so hard in any sport to repeat, just to get close again is an accomplishment in itself

QUOTE(2priceless @ Apr 26 2007 - 06:56 AM) 826445697[/snapback]The rivalry just took a new twist and could get really down and dirty this yr .

Okay 2P, I hope you now know that I am not coach Wyant. I am a true Smyrna supporter, and I am very happy that we now have coach Wyant. He must have done something right at Riverdale when they were dominating the patriots.

QUOTE(unc4life @ Apr 26 2007 - 03:39 PM) 826446108[/snapback]so i read this to say wyant is congratulating himself on his new position.. man that is kind of lame.. guess no one else will do it.. congrats smyrna glad u got him best of luck /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

looks like smyrna goin 2 find out the hard way

QUOTE(WinWhenItCounts @ Apr 26 2007 - 05:30 PM) 826446171[/snapback]What's that mean? I'd tired of finding out the hard way. I'm too old.

It means some at R'dale didn't trust or like Coach Wyatt and they think that Smyrna will find out the reason they didn't like him.

For myself I like Coach Wyatt as a person. As a coach I am ambivalent except he liked Coach Rankin and I make no bones about the fact I did NOT like Coach Rankin. That is between him and Rankin though so I do not have a dog in that hunt.

Cat I am truly glad that Sonny is going to play for a couple of reasons. First I honestly like to watch him play. Second like y'all were saying about Rankin, a win this year against Smyrna will be that much better with him in there.

1st look at practice today

suprise - win the championship add numbers are way up

wilkes looks like a pro receiver and you can tell the camps etc have really made him a complete receiver

defensive line returns 3 starters and is very quick

good looking group of receivers

coaching helped last yr and all return plus a few more /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(82cat @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:16 PM) 826446291[/snapback]1st look at practice today

suprise - win the championship add numbers are way up

wilkes looks like a pro receiver and you can tell the camps etc have really made him a complete receiver

defensive line returns 3 starters and is very quick

good looking group of receivers

coaching helped last yr and all return plus a few more /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

who all is returning on the defense and how fast are they?

all of the following were starters or played significant minutes on defense

josh day lb bcbs defensive mvp

m rofrano dl

jeremy king dl

q allen dl

rod wilkes db

tyler eady dl

will martin db

jonah hendricks db

smyrna needs

who will be the tb? could there be a freshman in the mix?

kicker - spoiled and have had a string of good ones who will it be in 07?

well i have returned from the 2nd day of smyrnas spring practice. they look solid and i have noticed there have been a few positon changes. they seem to have all the starters they had last year returning but some people have changed postition and a few younger guys have steped up and shown they may have what it takes. first change i noticed was they moved jonha hendricks to the corner spot that orlando martin left as he graduates this year. cleve shaw looks like he is going to step up and start at the open corner spot. it looks like they have split most of the linebackers they had last year and sent them to other spots to help them out. they now have 4 or 5 lbs and it looks like they will have tony carr start at mike lb and sean mckay and jarvous hicks at oslb. they have moved josh day to strong saftey. they still look very strong up front on the d line. it looks like they have jermey king, matt refrano, quinten allen, and kyle frasher. it looks like they have moved 3 linebakers to the d end spot being chris yoder, brandon hendricks, and cody williams. on offense they have mostly all the same people i have not noticed any very big changes, and who is that new kicker i saw down there there were 2 people is coach shad thinking about having a seperate kicker and punter?

QUOTE(smyrnafootballfan @ Apr 26 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826446384[/snapback]well i have returned from the 2nd day of smyrnas spring practice. they look solid and i have noticed there have been a few positon changes. they seem to have all the starters they had last year returning but some people have changed postition and a few younger guys have steped up and shown they may have what it takes. first change i noticed was they moved jonha hendricks to the corner spot that orlando martin left as he graduates this year. cleve shaw looks like he is going to step up and start at the open corner spot. it looks like they have split most of the linebackers they had last year and sent them to other spots to help them out. they now have 4 or 5 lbs and it looks like they will have tony carr start at mike lb and sean mckay and jarvous hicks at oslb. they have moved josh day to strong saftey. they still look very strong up front on the d line. it looks like they have jermey king, matt refrano, quinten allen, and kyle frasher. it looks like they have moved 3 linebakers to the d end spot being chris yoder, brandon hendricks, and cody williams. on offense they have mostly all the same people i have not noticed any very big changes, and who is that new kicker i saw down there there were 2 people is coach shad thinking about having a seperate kicker and punter?

I've heard that they are twice as good this year as last season and that they are 3 deep in each position.

I'm surprised to hear Day has been moved to safety. With 19 sacks last year, you would think they could find someone else to play safety so that we can keep that strong pass rush w/ Day at LB. It's really hard for me to believe that.

Jonah will be a great corner. He has ideal size, speed, and strength to fit that position.

I've heard both sides of the spectrum about this new kicker. I hear he can make 50 yarders easy, I hear he is no good at all, and I hear Sonny will be the kicker and punter. Who knows what the heck is true.