eddie salter

modincus

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(modincus @ Mar 22 2007 - 08:11 AM) 826420151[/snapback]is eddie going to stay in coaching? he is a great guy and solid coach.

well coach Salter has stepped down from his position and a coach named Jim Arnold has taken the position. This has raised many questions b/c a lot of players plan on transfering schools due to this move. I'm a relative a player on that team and the morale is low right now.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_103997.asp

QUOTE(mtnman @ Mar 22 2007 - 08:37 PM) 826420687[/snapback]They will have to sit out a year. That could really hurt if these kids plan on getting recruited.

Kids like to talk. Doubt it will actually happen.

CCS is a private school. I think that anyone of those kids could transfer to the public school that they are zzoned for and be eligible immediately. They would certainly be eligible if they moved. heck, Gruithous, or whatever his name is attended four different high schools.

Im surprised some want out now. I thought Salter was the one who had trouble keeping kids there (Skogans, Eldridge, Jesse Taylor, Grouthous.) I am not familar with the coach they hired, but I was surprised they hired someone in house so quickly. Did they even look at other candidates? But I guess thats just kinda how Christian schools operate.

Speaking of transfers, if a player like Jeremy Sexton decided to leave Temple, there is a good chance that even without sitting out he could be eligible at at least two schools. One would be his zone school (Ooltewah) and the other would be a magnet school if it was his first opportunity to attend, offered, and accepted. He could also move to somewhere like Bradley Co..The kid from CCS/David Brainerd/Bradley moved and never sat out at Bradley.

Like I said, Grouthouse sat out a full year at David Brainerd. That made him eligible since he did not play varsity basketball. Not sure what the hardship would be. Getting a new coach is not hardship.

Also, from what I have heard, Arnold is very experienced. He has been a head coach at the high school and college level. I don't think because they hired in house, they aren't getting someone as good as Salter.