Elizabethton To Hire New B-Ball Coach!

oldrangerhead76

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HighSchoolFanatic @ Mar 27 2007 - 12:14 PM) 826424002[/snapback]So I assume that Wilson has already resigned?

From what I've been told Wilson will not have a say in the matter, and this is comming from the top and thats as far as I can go with that. With that being said. WHO? Ned Smith-Took Cloudland to the top.Was it coaching ability or lack of competion? never really showed much at state level. Carpenter-Alot of people think he is the reason for Cloudlands recent success, the program really improved upon his arival? Kelly Oliver & Bud Hazlewood,THIS MAY BE JUST THE ANSWER WE'R LOOKING FOR!! Think about it Kelly Played here,has had success every where he's been,Hampton J.R. High(football), Hampton girls b-ball(state) and anybody that knows anybody KNOWS BUDDY KNOWS HIS B-BALL!!!!! BUT WE BETTER ACT FAST before we loose the chance to hire them!!!! In closing I think all of the above would be good choices. I just think Kelly and Buddy would fit in better at BETSY.

QUOTE(clearmind @ Mar 29 2007 - 01:38 PM) 826425820[/snapback]From what I've been told Wilson will not have a say in the matter, and this is comming from the top and thats as far as I can go with that. With that being said. WHO? Ned Smith-Took Cloudland to the top.Was it coaching ability or lack of competion? never really showed much at state level. Carpenter-Alot of people think he is the reason for Cloudlands recent success, the program really improved upon his arival? Kelly Oliver & Bud Hazlewood,THIS MAY BE JUST THE ANSWER WE'R LOOKING FOR!! Think about it Kelly Played here,has had success every where he's been,Hampton J.R. High(football), Hampton girls b-ball(state) and anybody that knows anybody KNOWS BUDDY KNOWS HIS B-BALL!!!!! BUT WE BETTER ACT FAST before we loose the chance to hire them!!!! In closing I think all of the above would be good choices. I just think Kelly and Buddy would fit in better at BETSY.

he might be a good choice but if he don't go to the mountain some seem to thionk he will try to get one of the suppervisers jobs in the cuonty.(if theres any openings)that would be a shame the mountain needs him.

If Wilson is out, then why hasnt it been announced? I tend to think that Wilson decided quite some time ago not to return and that the administration has decided to "time" the announcement and hire at a later date. I suspect that the reasons for this will become clear after the deeds are done. I do not think Oliver or Hazelwood will be EHS's boys coach. Nor do I think Weems is interested in moving over to the boys side. Ned Smith is a leading candidate I have heard; and of course Len Dugger would have to be considered, but will likely not get the job as Alexander will override any effort to hire Len.

Anybody who thinks that politics left town with the recall and Roper removal................I've got some oceanfront property in Del Rio for sale!!!!!

QUOTE(CycloneFan @ Mar 29 2007 - 01:19 PM) 826425912[/snapback]If Wilson is out, then why hasnt it been announced? I tend to think that Wilson decided quite some time ago not to return and that the administration has decided to "time" the announcement and hire at a later date. I suspect that the reasons for this will become clear after the deeds are done. I do not think Oliver or Hazelwood will be EHS's boys coach. Nor do I think Weems is interested in moving over to the boys side. Ned Smith is a leading candidate I have heard; and of course Len Dugger would have to be considered, but will likely not get the job as Alexander will override any effort to hire Len.

Anybody who thinks that politics left town with the recall and Roper removal................I've got some oceanfront property in Del Rio for sale!!!!!

Amen to that!!!! Mr. Ed has been the man behind everything..... Ask Coach Dugger or Coach Hardin about that one. Everybody thought he was about the kids but he had his on goals in mind from the start.

QUOTE(clearmind @ Mar 29 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826425820[/snapback]From what I've been told Wilson will not have a say in the matter, and this is comming from the top and thats as far as I can go with that. With that being said. WHO? Ned Smith-Took Cloudland to the top.Was it coaching ability or lack of competion? never really showed much at state level. Carpenter-Alot of people think he is the reason for Cloudlands recent success, the program really improved upon his arival? Kelly Oliver & Bud Hazlewood,THIS MAY BE JUST THE ANSWER WE'R LOOKING FOR!! Think about it Kelly Played here,has had success every where he's been,Hampton J.R. High(football), Hampton girls b-ball(state) and anybody that knows anybody KNOWS BUDDY KNOWS HIS B-BALL!!!!! BUT WE BETTER ACT FAST before we loose the chance to hire them!!!! In closing I think all of the above would be good choices. I just think Kelly and Buddy would fit in better at BETSY.

Cloudland has been a good team before, but never like they have been with Carp around. He is be the backdoor choice for Hampton. It makes too much sense to hire the old dog back, at least that what we're supposed to think. Carp is the man for the job. He is not too far removed from Bulldog bball and will be the best at relating to the players. NEd will have to compete with Oliver for the Etown job for sure. Everyone will surely be surprised. Think about it.

Remember the book by Johnny Majors - - "You Can Go Home Again?"

Coach Snavely at Unaka.

Coach White at Hampton.

Ed Alexander back in charge in Elizabethton.

Things went well for Coach Majors for quite awhile.

And then . . . .???

It wasn't just his coaching that ultimately got him gone, huh, CycloneFan?