MTSCA tournament

jklivin

My biggest beef was that the "trophy ceremoney" was nothing other than the wife of one of the umpires handing plaques to the Champions and Runner-up. I have never seen that done anywhere else. The finals were over before 10. I have seen a championship game that concluded at 4:30 am on Sunday morning and the tournament director was there looooong after his team got put out to award trophies thank the participants. My hope is that the tournament director had gone to perform the trophy ceremony at the Silver Division site. If not, then Brentwood deserved better!

p.s. - Congrats to Brentwood. There are no holes in her lineup and Bailie Lott was masterful. She pitched out of a couple of tough spots in the middle innings. Coach C does it right and her kids played hard. Did I miss the cartwheel?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were actually two hits against Cat. In the tiebreaker inning, a BHS girl laid down a bunt that no one got a glove on though it was in the vicinity of the mound. It had a funny spin, but nonetheless looked like a hit, so as not to have to charge an error to Cat. She pitched well, though.

Coach C does it right and her kids played hard. Did I miss the cartwheel?

Coach C will be doing the cartwheel thing again, but she had a baby we heard late last year and is still working on game form with the cartwheel --- Her players really admire her level-headed, encouraging coaching style. She's a credit to the coaching profession.

Coach C does it right and her kids played hard. Did I miss the cartwheel?

Coach C will be doing the cartwheel thing again, but she had a baby we heard late last year and is still working on game form with the cartwheel --- Her players really admire her level-headed, encouraging coaching style. She's a credit to the coaching profession.

QUOTE(T-Town08 @ Mar 24 2007 - 07:00 PM) 826421716[/snapback]I am still waiting on scores. I know there is a web site but along with the fields that is not being kept up!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

A few I recall: Riverdale 5, Sycamore 4. Riverdale 2, Goodpasture 0 (great 8th Grader pitcher at Goodpasture!).

Brentwood 1, Riverdale 0 (some Brentwood girls we heard were out of sync after a relaxing Spring Break, but maybe they'll tune up later in the season!)

Brentwood 8, Lebanon 0.

Brentwood 8, White House 0.

Brentwood 8, Friendship Christian 3.

QUOTE(CoachJV @ Mar 25 2007 - 10:49 AM) 826422048[/snapback]If anyone knows for sure I'd like to confirm it but I understand both pitchers and several other players from both teams [Riverdale and Brentwood] have already committed to major college programs. If that is so I can see why.

Here's a few:

Baillie Lott: Univ. of Houston - pitched very strong game and had a nice line drive.

Cat Hosfield: Univ. of Tenn. - pitched well.

Caitlin Cavarra - best 2nd base in state possibly, with few errors (and has reactions to make plays that others don't get a glove on; BHS leadoff hitter; last year had a run of 15 of 16 at the plate.

Julie Harmon - Belmont Univ.; pitched 3 wins at MTSCA and has wins over all of last year's state champs already; a speed merchant -- setup BHS win with a bunt hit; also saw her double a runner off at 1st base from left field!

QUOTE(strength @ Mar 24 2007 - 06:57 PM) 826421713[/snapback]What a Joke of a tournament.............

Softball lover

Glad the coaches are supporting our kids and the coaches can improve the services some, but they have the right idea!!! Let's hear it for our great Middle Tennessee Coaches!!

This was awful for the girls and I agree that it was very poor planning by the organizers. OOOPs I said organizers there surely wasn’t any. I know they give scholarship money but does that mean that if you give scholarships you can be free to change the rules? How would you like to see a football game played on a 200 yard field or better yet run track and you practiced a 440 and the organizers say run an extra 100 yards. It was a joke and to bad for the girls and the teams that paid money to play.

QUOTE(waterboy-H20 @ Mar 27 2007 - 07:56 AM) 826423706[/snapback]This was awful for the girls and I agree that it was very poor planning by the organizers. OOOPs I said organizers there surely wasn’t any. I know they give scholarship money but does that mean that if you give scholarships you can be free to change the rules? How would you like to see a football game played on a 200 yard field or better yet run track and you practiced a 440 and the organizers say run an extra 100 yards. It was a joke and to bad for the girls and the teams that paid money to play.

What are you talking about? What was awful.