Moore County Girls Basketball

file13

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Tipps was truly an asset to the Moore Co. System. It's a shame that they have let a very few people(Eddie Helton and Standley Fanning) control Moore Co. sports. I feel that if they want to coach so bad then they can go to college and get the degree to be THE COACH. It's funny how every time a good coach comes and these few can't run the show things start to get ugly.

If Eddie sent more time worring about (Let's be careful here. Pick on the adults all you want but not the kids.....Del Tavian) he would not have time to stay in the coaches affairs.

Moore Co. needs to stand up for the good ones and let the bossy ones go.

QUOTE(chs4life @ Apr 11 2007 - 11:47 AM) 826434853[/snapback]Bottom line; Tipps, good man, good coach, Moore Co. not so good for letting help leave.

You are right. I don't know what happened over there, but I believe he is a teacher of the game. It seems that Moore County fashions themselves after Kentucky basketball or Alabama football. They expect championships every year and that is not realistic in this day and age. Didn't they go to sub-state? He must have done a pretty good job.

QUOTE(dontusee91 @ Apr 11 2007 - 12:19 PM) 826434983[/snapback]You are right. I don't know what happened over there, but I believe he is a teacher of the game. It seems that Moore County fashions themselves after Kentucky basketball or Alabama football. They expect championships every year and that is not realistic in this day and age. Didn't they go to sub-state? He must have done a pretty good job.

Yes, they got to sub-state after losing a ton to graduation last year and having a ton of injuries and at least 1 suspension over there.

They were picked to finish 3rd at best in the district but still made it to sub-state. Wierd things have happened the last 2 years in Region 6. 2 years ago, Richland was not the 2nd best team in region 6 but made it to sub-state. This year Richland was, in my opinion, the best team in Region 6 and did not get out of the first round. A tough region to play in, but fun games if you like excitement. 2007/2008 will be no different. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Richland Assistant Amy Springer may be a candidate. She coached allot of AAU ball in Alabama and I believe played on a state championship team with Athens High School (Alabama). She has been an assistant at Richland for at least 3, maybe 4 years and has worked with numerous sports at Richland other than basketball also. Her Coach at Athens High School was very very tough so I would believe that Springer would have a ton of knowledge of fundalmental basketball. She has never gotten an opportunity at Richland to really coach very much because Hall is a dominate coach. It would be nice to see what she could do with her own team. Her dedicating her time to a team's success would be no problem either cause she would stay until the job is done, no matter how many hours in the day it takes. Plus one other good point for Moore County is that she knows everything Richland tries to do. Very few wrinkles are ever put in at Richland so scouting them is not hard. I former assistant would have them scouted well. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

With all that said, no matter who MC gets, they still will not have an answer for the big 4. DUKE, BELL, HORN and GLIDDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richland Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...