Temple's New Players for 07-08...Who Are They?

global98

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HOPSTODAMAX @ Apr 4 2007 - 06:58 AM) 826429550[/snapback]hopefully next year i will b able to play in region tournament in 09 is not a doubt in my mind y we need skogen and sexton is there he'll will jus as good as one if not better

Well Grace and CSAS will be the teams to beat next year in the region. They both have alot returning.

I never saw Caleb Skogen play. My guess is that if he was not successful at Mercer, he probably went to the wrong place because I have heard he is really talented. What position does Sexton play and will he play next year? Will he be in a position to dominate a game? I have no idea. I don't know if mtnman is a Temple guy or not, but I want to hear someone from Temple tell me that Temple gives no financial aid whatsoever in any form or fashion. If it is happening, someone who reads this knows and can confirm or deny (not that I expect them to confirm).

QUOTE(HOPSTODAMAX @ Apr 4 2007 - 06:58 AM) 826429550[/snapback]hopefully next year i will b able to play in region tournament in 09 is not a doubt in my mind y we need skogen and sexton is there he'll will jus as good as one if not better

I HAVE KNOW IDEA WHAT U JUST SAID...

ENGLISH PLEASE!

QUOTE(global98 @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:32 AM) 826429684[/snapback]I never saw Caleb Skogen play. My guess is that if he was not successful at Mercer, he probably went to the wrong place because I have heard he is really talented. What position does Sexton play and will he play next year? Will he be in a position to dominate a game? I have no idea.

Caleb is a very good basketball player. Caleb averaged 21 points and seven assists per game as a senior at Temple. IMO I think he went to the wrong school to play basketball. At Mercer he only played in 20 games and only averaged about 12 minutes per game. He averaged 4.2 points per game. I'm told at Covenant College he averaged 18 pts. per game as a sophomore. There is no doubt that Caleb is a very good athlete. I also think that Caleb could have played football somewhere, but he choose instead to play basketball. I'm not really sure what his plans are for the future.

Sexton is a very good basketball player. He's only a sophomore and will only get better. I'm not sure if he can carry Temple next year on his talent alone, but they should be a contender for the region. The main place Temple will be lacking is at the post position.

QUOTE(HoopsterPlaya @ Apr 4 2007 - 12:49 PM) 826429891[/snapback]Caleb is a very good basketball player. Caleb averaged 21 points and seven assists per game as a senior at Temple. IMO I think he went to the wrong school to play basketball. At Mercer he only played in 20 games and only averaged about 12 minutes per game. He averaged 4.2 points per game. I'm told at Covenant College he averaged 18 pts. per game as a sophomore.

Caleb did not have a great year at Covenant, but some things may have been going on that we dont know about. I know he had alot of injury problems so that probably played a major role. He did avg. over 15 pts a game but he only shot 43% from the field, and his assit to turnover ratio was 1:1.

I heard he is going to UTC toplay football.

QUOTE(mtnman @ Apr 4 2007 - 08:21 PM) 826430246[/snapback]why doesn't he follow his brother to Furman?

I don't see him playing at UTC. Not necesarly his talent just don't see it. Why doesn't he just stay at Covenant and finish out his basketball career?

Sorry... getting off topic.

Those are all great questions. I dont think he was very happy up at Covenant. So I think he was planning on a move. Why he is changing sports? I have know idea. He does have very good speed, but can you imagine him going across the middle against a team like Appy State? The only reason I can come up with is that it's close to home. But why wouldnt he play basketball for UTC? We know they need bodies and he would get some PT.

QUOTE(mtnman @ Apr 4 2007 - 08:21 PM) 826430246[/snapback]why doesn't he follow his brother to Furman?

I don't see him playing at UTC. Not necesarly his talent just don't see it. Why doesn't he just stay at Covenant and finish out his basketball career?

Sorry... getting off topic.

He might not care for the coaching at Covenant. I was told that Covenant's coach make's some pretty crazy decisions in games, like benching star players.

I can't see him playing football in college at all. He was a really good single A receiver but didn't seem to like getting hit very well. I hope he stays at Covenant. I got to see him play once there this year and he really put on a show.