>>>>>>Week Zero<<<<<<

I was at a Raider baseball game about two weeks ago and saw coach McKnight. The Spring Hill Raiders have a couple of new students that should fill some needed spots. Also in week zero the Raiders will have Alcoa in town. WOW!!! And TennesseeSportsNet.Com is planning to broadcast their games in 2007. We had a great year in 06 and we hope their mo can continue for Spring Hill.

What do you think about the game?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry folks but didn't White House & Spring Hill both accomplish pretty much the same feats just last year? White House was 7-5 and lost in the second round of the playoffs. Spring Hill was 7-5 and they also lost in the second round of the playoffs.

Realistically now, there's no way that I see Spring Hill winning this game. They couldn't have beaten Alcoa last year with the offensive backfield trio of Magwan Smith, Ned McCaster, & Matt Dunn in place. Now Smith is the lone piece to that puzzle that remains heading into the 2007 season. Alcoa is just a game that Coach McKnight and this staff scheduled to measure the team against one of the state's elite.

If anyone thinks that White House stands a much greater chance though YOU ARE SADLY MISTAKEN!!! Don't get on here and start clowning on teams that accomplished pretty much the same success that your team accomplished the previous year.

QUOTE(timbdp @ Apr 3 2007 - 10:55 PM) 826429392[/snapback]its a new season anything can happen this season

Spring Hill proved that this can very well often times be the case JUST LAST SEASON!!!!

In fact, they proved it in the second half of the season by earning wins over teams like Cheatham Co., Creek Wood, Page, & Lexington. It would have been very easy for Coach McKnight and the team to throw in the towel and give up early last season following close losses to Columbia Central, Marshall Co., & Giles Co. but Spring Hill down the stretch last year would have beaten or contended with anyone in the western half of the Class 3A Playoff Bracket WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE TEAM THAT ELIMINATED THEM (David Lipscomb being that team).

I have to agree with BC on this topic.

White House is a respectable program. They play like a well coached team. However, Spring Hill made great strides last year. I think they will be even better this year despite the loss of some good talent. This will be the result of them receiving quality coaching for two straight years. White House is a more established program, but Spring Hill is not THAT far behind White House and their athletes are comparable.

Alcoa is a different story. They are more established than both of the above programs and MUCH more talented. They have several college players every year including 1 or 2 D1 players.

The Alcoa game will be a measuring stick for both teams (WH & SH). I think they can compete because of the coaching preparation factor. I don't see them winning because Alcoa's talent on the field will be too much to handle, but that is why they play the games.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Apr 4 2007 - 05:31 PM) 826430077[/snapback]Spring Hill proved that this can very well often times be the case JUST LAST SEASON!!!!

In fact, they proved it in the second half of the season by earning wins over teams like Cheatham Co., Creek Wood, Page, & Lexington. It would have been very easy for Coach McKnight and the team to throw in the towel and give up early last season following close losses to Columbia Central, Marshall Co., & Giles Co. but Spring Hill down the stretch last year would have beaten or contended with anyone in the western half of the Class 3A Playoff Bracket WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE TEAM THAT ELIMINATED THEM (David Lipscomb being that team).

BC- as I read your post I was hoping to get to the part about SH losing to their only 2a opponent last year, Fairview. Anyways...lets compare the numbers, just for Ss&Gs. Fairview beat SH 16-0, Goodpasture beat Fairview 62-19, Alcoa beat Goodpasture 31-3. So it looks like (of course that was LAST year /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Alcoa was 87 pts better than the Raiders from Spring Hill. SH doesn't stand a snowballs chance. But you're right it will be a good barometer of their skills.

QUOTE(nvrlooscntn @ Apr 5 2007 - 09:16 AM) 826430572[/snapback]BC- as I read your post I was hoping to get to the part about SH losing to their only 2a opponent last year, Fairview. Anyways...lets compare the numbers, just for Ss&Gs. Fairview beat SH 16-0, Goodpasture beat Fairview 62-19, Alcoa beat Goodpasture 31-3. So it looks like (of course that was LAST year /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Alcoa was 87 pts better than the Raiders from Spring Hill. SH doesn't stand a snowballs chance. But you're right it will be a good barometer of their skills.

Alcoa will be a good team this season with Cobb at QB, Sommers at WR, and Hodges at RB, but maybe not as talented and good as the last three years?????? A lot of holes to fill on both sides of the line. It will be very interesting to watch this team, especially to see how the defense come together.

If anyone wants a shot at Alcoa, better get it in this year. They are reloading with some serious upcoming talent.

-BlountCountySportsFan

QUOTE(BCsportsfan @ Apr 5 2007 - 10:41 AM) 826430662[/snapback]Alcoa will be a good team this season with Cobb at QB, Sommers at WR, and Hodges at RB, but maybe not as talented and good as the last three years?????? A lot of holes to fill on both sides of the line. It will be very interesting to watch this team, especially to see how the defense come together.

If anyone wants a shot at Alcoa, better get it in this year. They are reloading with some serious upcoming talent.

-BlountCountySportsFan

BCsportsfan.

You are absolutely right. They have Cobb, Sommer, and Hodge, and that is about it on offense. Shiverdecker, Lanxter, Stultz, Dillard, at the skill positions, and the entire O Line (I think) are gone. Pretty sure the D got hammered as well. Sykes, and Dunkin are gone at the ends, Hicks and Tate are gone from the LB, Lanxter, and Green are gone @ DB. Thompson and Sommer will be as good of a DB tandem around, but what about pressure up front. Hodge also plays LB. Not too much experience, and those that do will play both ways. Battle, Hickman, Owens and others will need to step up quick. There will be talent coming up, but the game is early and it will be hot. Alcoa will be good, but they won't be 87 points better than anybody on their schedule this year.

QUOTE(nvrlooscntn @ Apr 5 2007 - 10:16 AM) 826430572[/snapback]BC- as I read your post I was hoping to get to the part about SH losing to their only 2a opponent last year, Fairview. Anyways...lets compare the numbers, just for Ss&Gs. Fairview beat SH 16-0, Goodpasture beat Fairview 62-19, Alcoa beat Goodpasture 31-3. So it looks like (of course that was LAST year /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Alcoa was 87 pts better than the Raiders from Spring Hill. SH doesn't stand a snowballs chance. But you're right it will be a good barometer of their skills.

The ONLY POINT I was making is the fact that Spring Hill was definately in White House's league last season and the numbers prove it.

Now I never said that they would beat Alcoa so if you are implying that then you'd better re-read the posts again /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />