Oakland VS Riverdale

get_a_life_01

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 12 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826436368[/snapback]its like i said we are now playing for second and our season isnt over if we finish second we still host for the district and we stay away from oakland but let me remind yall cookeville beat oakland so those games wont be easy...My son is a SR and isnt familiar with this role so these boys are gonna have to look at a different picture that what they have been their whole High School career

all they can do is to come out and play hard. They need to stay together as a team. An old saying in baseball is "today + today + today = a season." Success is about how a team or a person deals with failure." A very good example is how the Smyrna football team responded after getting humiliated by Riverdale.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 12 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826436324[/snapback]Your #1 state ranked and #11 nationally ranked patriots are 25-1 7-1 in district. leading the district!!! looks like riverdale has been dethroned!!! They had a great run!!!!

Not so fast... Still just 1 game back...

We have Cookeville, Blackman and Siegel left

Oakland has Lebanon, Warren Co and White Co left....

IF Riverdale can run the table then Oakland has to win 4 out of 6. And Siegel has Blackman, Cookeville and Riverdale left.

IF Siegel and Riverdale start their series 10-2 AND Oakland stubs their toe against Lebanon and Warren Co then it could get interesting.

Then again, it might not..... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

No offense DL, but I think this series proved that the loss to Cookeville was a fluke. I would be STUNNED if Oakland lost another game within the district unless the weather starts to go bad again, in that instance, it can be a neutralizer, but it doesnt look like it.

I have the upmost respect for Riverdale as a program, but i throughly enjoyed winning like that, every guy on base and every hit we got just made that smile of mine just a little bit wider. We were the dominant program in the 90's and Riverdale has been the dominant program for the last 6 years, so to get closer to reclaiming that throne, that game was special last night, one of the sweetest I think ive seen since watching Oakland Baseball

Magoo, nice to meet ya last night, maker sure our boys bring 3 more wins back to the boro this weekend.