Bearden vs Farragut

bigwillystyle247

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(what @ Apr 13 2007 - 09:17 PM) 826437165[/snapback]How was the whole back line missing?

3 of Farragut's starting defenders were out due to injury. Sweeper, right back, and left back if I'm correct - Palucci, Meuth, and Mitchell Ishmael.

keeping was the difference of this game...bottom line. secondary was defense, where bearden also won the battle, maybe because farragut had injuries or maybe not. farragut definitely controled the game...but got caught up in the bearden style of kicking and running on at times instead of playing their game. while bearden didnt have as much possession, they made up for it off counters, where they almost always had a good chance on goal. bearden did a good job w/holding farragut out of too many ligitimate scoring opportunities. yet another great matchup this year as both teams are very talented.

props to backstrom, that goal was NICEEEEEEE!

Farragut really started out the game very well by putting intense pressure of the Bearden in the back and this lasted for about 15-20 minutes. They were shredding them with the passing. I am not sure why because it was working so well, but the coach decided to go to phase two of his game plan which did not work and he did not go back to what was working and continued going through a series of personnel changes that baffled me.

Im so happy that the CAK Catholic game was earlier in the night, i got the chance to see a little of both games! Who ever got the times changed, WAY TO GO!! About the FHS BHS game, as someone said in an earlier post, Bearden won the second half on Counter attacks. Beardens Rotation of five forwards in the last ten minutes ran Farraguts defense to pieces!! Tom and Aaron up top make up an intense attack that is hard to stop. Farragut did possess well but lacked the finishing ball to break Beardens 7 defenders /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Great game to both teams!

QUOTE(kingoftheblurbs @ Apr 14 2007 - 06:56 AM) 826437265[/snapback]Farragut really started out the game very well by putting intense pressure of the Bearden in the back and this lasted for about 15-20 minutes. They were shredding them with the passing. I am not sure why because it was working so well, but the coach decided to go to phase two of his game plan which did not work and he did not go back to what was working and continued going through a series of personnel changes that baffled me.

King of the Blurbs Maybe the coach saw something I saw from the sidelines and that is Farragut has some great players but he has some players that step on the field and don't deliver. I too would be switching some of Farraguts players around to try more options and some I wouldn't even be starting unless he doesn't have anyone better, which if Farragut is so deep Why Not? I would assume you are a Farragut player since you knew the coaches game plans and must be one of the ones he moved around or took out. Even Pseudey and I don't second guess coaches game plans because some work and some don't. To be honest I thought Farragut possesed the majority of the game no matter who was in there, although , like I said some did not deliver. I thought that the defense which was was replacing the normal players was outstanding to not e the starters. When will any of those guys be back? Are they out for the year?

Pseudy what was your take on this game?

QUOTE(OnThePitch @ Apr 14 2007 - 11:13 AM) 826437331[/snapback]King of the Blurbs Maybe the coach saw something I saw from the sidelines and that is Farragut has some great players but he has some players that step on the field and don't deliver. I too would be switching some of Farraguts players around to try more options and some I wouldn't even be starting unless he doesn't have anyone better, which if Farragut is so deep Why Not? I would assume you are a Farragut player since you knew the coaches game plans and must be one of the ones he moved around or took out. Even Pseudey and I don't second guess coaches game plans because some work and some don't. To be honest I thought Farragut possesed the majority of the game no matter who was in there, although , like I said some did not deliver. I thought that the defense which was was replacing the normal players was outstanding to not e the starters. When will any of those guys be back? Are they out for the year?

Pseudy what was your take on this game?

On the Pitch.....Nice reply! I thought the game was fantastic!! I agree with what a lot of people have posted, but see some things a little differently. First off, I can see why the Farragut fans like Ben Backstrom...the kid can play!! I thought he had an outstanding game last night and his shot was wicked!! I have not seen him play like last night, but great players usually step it up when they have to... and he did. The rest of the Farragut team played well also. I have no idea about their defense- but the one a saw last night was very good! If the 2 play again it should be interesting! I did not like the dance Backstrom did after he scored a goal... but these are still young men and emotions are high. I understand it- but don't like it. Bearden then did the same thing. Again, didn't like it. I think that the game was played well by Bearden- Big G has it figured out with what Beardens defense gives you- and most teams take what is given. Farragut couldn't figure out how to beat it and didn't all night. Great defense by Bearden, they must have had Farragut offsides 10 times or more!! That gets frustrating!! All that work, all the passing and the possesion that they have- it all goes down the crapper when the defense gets you offsides! This is no accident from Bearden- this is what they do and they do it very well. I hear very little credit for them. The simply fact is this- Bearden has played 12 games and won 11 of them. These were not easy teams, West and Oak Ridge can beat anyone if they are on- Bearden beat both of them away. Farragut has played 10 games and won 6 of them! That's not the potential "National Champions" that some people thought they would be. As far as the record goes you can call the game they had with CBHS a tie if you like- but when the game goes to a shoot-out and you lose.....well then....you lost! They have tons of potential....could they beat Bearden 3-0 in their next game?? Sure they could, but while everyone else is injured or they haven't gelled yet or whatever, this Bearden team keeps on winning.

Also, I hope that people who watch the game on channel 7 tonight take a close look at the foul that Tom Webster received with approx 9 minutes left in the 1st half- it was close to the players sideline, near the Bearden bench- I believe he was taken down from behind with no chance to see the foul coming, it is hard to see from the other side, but this should be right under the camera. I believed it was a dangerous play and possibly a red-card- yet the ref called nothing. Maybe it was a poor angle, but I will see tonight as the game was good enough to watch again-without all the noise from everyone else. Other than that, I think the refs did a great job!! I was so glad to not see the other bald-headed ref there!!!!

I think that Webster is a man among boys most of the time and I saw that kid get abused all night with few calls. Some of them were not called because, in spite of the fouls, he still maintained possession! Him and Backstrom are clearly the cream of the crop! I doubt Backstrom no more!!!

The next game should be just as much fun to watch...and I will be there!

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Apr 14 2007 - 12:03 PM) 826437369[/snapback]The simply fact is this- Bearden has played 12 games and won 11 of them. These were not easy teams, West and Oak Ridge can beat anyone if they are on- Bearden beat both of them away. Farragut has played 10 games and won 6 of them! That's not the potential "National Champions" that some people thought they would be.

Are you implying that Bearden is a potential "National Champion". Before the season starts isnt everyone a potential "National Champion". I think so. In 2004 when they won the spring "National Championship" or whatever it was they lost twice. I don't see why they can't win with 1 loss and 3 ties. I can't wait to watch the game tonight. If these two teams play again maybe Farragut can do like Bearden did in girls soccer and make a "mistake" and then get the better draw for state.

Ok, I feel like I need to say something from Farragut's side.

First, Our coach had a plan for Bearden's defense and we didn't get it done. We worked on it in pratice and he told and showed us where Bearden was beatable and we didn't follow thru and make the runs.

Second, AS far as the guy who said we changed our game plan and started subbing, well, Coach has done that all the years he has been there, so that shouldn't be a surpise and he has one a couple of championships doing it his way, not what everyone else thinks. Honestly, Coach has a hard job trying to corral the teams talent and personalities.

Third, it is taking us longer than we thought to get it together and get everyone clicking together. I think we showed we can play last night, we still just have to get our click together.

Fourth, The three new guys who stepped into our defense did very well. All of us would like more playing time and NONE of us could agree on who should start anyway, so we will just have to wait and see

Fifth, WE never said we would be National Champions..SOMEONE ELSE DID!!

Sixth, There will be a second game, and we will be there

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 14 2007 - 12:57 PM) 826437384[/snapback]Are you implying that Bearden is a potential "National Champion". Before the season starts isnt everyone a potential "National Champion". I think so. In 2004 when they won the spring "National Championship" or whatever it was they lost twice. I don't see why they can't win with 1 loss and 3 ties. I can't wait to watch the game tonight. If these two teams play again maybe Farragut can do like Bearden did in girls soccer and make a "mistake" and then get the better draw for state.

The Bearden girls beat the #1, #2, and #3 ranked teams in the state on the way to the championship, so I would say they did get a good draw- The Bearden girls state championship is indisputable.

QUOTE(what @ Apr 14 2007 - 02:57 PM) 826437460[/snapback]The Bearden girls beat the #1, #2, and #3 ranked teams in the state on the way to the championship, so I would say they did get a good draw- The Bearden girls state championship is indisputable.

4-1 Gtown Houston #7

1-0 Hendersonville#2

1-0 Collierville#3

This was the path of the gilrs Bearden in state last year, im not saying their championship was disputable, they were a great team. Just showing that they played a seven seed first and Farragut played Collierville #3 first. Just throwing that out there but lets leave the girls alone in this one.