Bearden vs Farragut

bigwillystyle247

QUOTE(akula21 @ Apr 11 2007 - 09:50 PM) 826435388[/snapback]I'm also really excited that WMAK is covering the game, I have heard that this is just the first game they will cover and that others will follow, which I think is awesome. About time soccer received the same treatment as other sports and should be cool for the fans and players to have a tv crew covering their game.

I think they covered the Webb/Knoxville West game last week. I was told the announcing hasn't really gotten any better. There are still way too many mistakes. I almost couldn't watch the football games they had because it was so bad. But it will be a great game.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut lost 3 starting seniors from last year, stopper, midfielder, and keeper. The fact is when you're fielding 8/11 STARTERS from the previous year a team is going to be successful. I haven't been to any games this year, but I've heard some things and I will definitely be at the game friday. I've heard Jake Holt has been solid in the midfield with Russell, and of course no one can ignore Backstrom up top. Greene is an excellent keeper and I'm anxious to see how he has improved since last year. Farragut has given up minimal goals due to losing nobody (bar Lawson) in the back. I'm saying Farragut winning 3-1; Bearden will get frustrated and resort to long balls - it's usually what happens.

Oh and anybody who can make the Farragut Bearden alumni game on Saturday, it starts at 4pm at Farragut - the money goes to a terrific cause and it should be an entertaining game. (Turner "handpicked" his team LOL)

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 11 2007 - 09:56 PM) 826435399[/snapback]I think they covered the Webb/Knoxville West game last week. I was told the announcing hasn't really gotten any better. There are still way too many mistakes. I almost couldn't watch the football games they had because it was so bad. But it will be a great game.

The people at WMAK were looking for people to help with the announcing since they are not soccer guys, so the effort is there and it should get better as the season goes on. But calling games on tape seems like it would be really hard to do when pro announcers train for years, I'd like to see some of them play the games they announce. Be patient I think it will be a great thing in the end.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Apr 11 2007 - 08:18 PM) 826435436[/snapback]The people at WMAK were looking for people to help with the announcing since they are not soccer guys, so the effort is there and it should get better as the season goes on. But calling games on tape seems like it would be really hard to do when pro announcers train for years, I'd like to see some of them play the games they announce. Be patient I think it will be a great thing in the end.

is this game on delay? if so, what time is it on?

Oh and anybody who can make the Farragut Bearden alumni game on Saturday, it starts at 4pm at Farragut - the money goes to a terrific cause and it should be an entertaining game.

What is the cause? I follow all Knox soccer and don't know about it? We all Need to know so we can support it,if it is a scoccer deal. Please start a thread about it so it can take priority and not get lost on another threads posts.

i am tired of hearing all this talk about the fields.... if both teams show up to play, then the fields wont be that big of a factor anyway.......

and as far as the ""starters"" lost from last years farragut team.....(ie) : Ben Lawson and Tony Milazzo.......these aren't losses because farragut has defenders such as Aron Stinton, and Drew Himinder that can come very close to filling in that spot as a defender.. Adam Greene for farragut more adquetly than replaces Tony Milazzo from last year.........if there is anything debatable about anything lost from last year's farragut team.....it might be Ben Lawson as a defender......and even his spot is comming close to being filled in....Its good that Farragut hasn't really lost anybody because that mens that they will be more likely start "gelling" early on in the year and espically this game due to all the experience they had playing together last year; hopefully they're used to one another by now, but if there is one thing you should take from a Bearden standpoint, its that THEY ALWAYS COME TO PLAY. Farragut probably has more talent than Bearden, but Bearden's skill and drive is going to be more than a handfull for this Farragut Squad....................FARRAGUT 1-0

QUOTE((.)(.) @ Apr 12 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826435779[/snapback]i am tired of hearing all this talk about the fields.... if both teams show up to play, then the fields wont be that big of a factor anyway.......

and as far as the ""starters"" lost from last years farragut team.....(ie) : Ben Lawson and Tony Milazzo.......these aren't losses because farragut has defenders such as Aron Stinton, and Drew Himinder that can come very close to filling in that spot as a defender.. Adam Greene for farragut more adquetly than replaces Tony Milazzo from last year.........if there is anything debatable about anything lost from last year's farragut team.....it might be Ben Lawson as a defender......and even his spot is comming close to being filled in....Its good that Farragut hasn't really lost anybody because that mens that they will be more likely start "gelling" early on in the year and espically this game due to all the experience they had playing together last year; hopefully they're used to one another by now, but if there is one thing you should take from a Bearden standpoint, its that THEY ALWAYS COME TO PLAY. Farragut probably has more talent than Bearden, but Bearden's skill and drive is going to be more than a handfull for this Farragut Squad....................FARRAGUT 1-0

Wow!!! Wow!!! That is quite a push for Farragut! I guess I didn't realize who I was talking about!!! Man oh man.....with players like that and all that experience, their superior skill level- coupled with the fact that they are "gelling" so early.....well, I guess they should be unstoppable!!! Why predict a 1-0 game??? I mean...with all that you mentioned I would think this shouldn't even be a game!!!! I guess they will have a bunch of near misses or something. Oh well, I will still watch this 1-0 beating you are predicting.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Apr 11 2007 - 09:50 PM) 826435388[/snapback]pseudo, coming from someone who's team plays in the stadium, I would agree that the small field plays a roll in advantages for the game. I think it is the coaches responsibility to do everything they can in training to make his team prepared for the bigger or smaller dimensions and plan your preparation around that. I would love it if everyone had a field that was closer to 70 yards wide or more but it isn't going to happen anytime soon. So we try and get ready to play on the fields that we do have to deal with. I'm not trying to be critical at all, just make a point that there are ways to deal with the field in advance and give your team the best chance possible of performing well. I know this is a Bearden/Farragut post so I'll put in my prediction, 2-2 tie in the first of what may be 3 or 4 matches against each other. I'm also really excited that WMAK is covering the game, I have heard that this is just the first game they will cover and that others will follow, which I think is awesome. About time soccer received the same treatment as other sports and should be cool for the fans and players to have a tv crew covering their game.

Akula- thank you for the reply. I totally agree with you. Let me say that I do not blame a particular school for the filed situation- and if anyone thinks I was taking a jab at Farragut High or West High school...that is not the case. I think they are both great teams and I was impressed by them. However, that doesn't mean that I have to like seeing a game played on those fileds. The easiest, and probably smartest thing to do for this area......is. ...build fields ( yes...a complex) that the whole area can use!! It seems to work in every other state. It is hard enough for one school to build a field and it takes a whole lot of work- but if all the schools got together and pooled resources...it could be done. Maybe this should be a nice new topic!!!

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Apr 12 2007 - 07:45 PM) 826436174[/snapback]Wow!!! Wow!!! That is quite a push for Farragut! I guess I didn't realize who I was talking about!!! Man oh man.....with players like that and all that experience, their superior skill level- coupled with the fact that they are "gelling" so early.....well, I guess they should be unstoppable!!! Why predict a 1-0 game??? I mean...with all that you mentioned I would think this shouldn't even be a game!!!! I guess they will have a bunch of near misses or something. Oh well, I will still watch this 1-0 beating you are predicting.

WOW!! WOW!! P you also suprised me with your 2-1 prediction. I thought u would predict Bearden beating Farragut four or five to zero. You always have complaints about Farragut and their players and you seem to think the Bearden players are Gods especially their defense. I mean both of these teams have had their troubles finishing but you say for some reason the law will side with Bearden and they will score some "crazy goal".

QUOTE(The Tron Special @ Apr 12 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826436233[/snapback]WOW!! WOW!! P you also suprised me with your 2-1 prediction. I thought u would predict Bearden beating Farragut four or five to zero. You always have complaints about Farragut and their players and you seem to think the Bearden players are Gods especially their defense. I mean both of these teams have had their troubles finishing but you say for some reason the law will side with Bearden and they will score some "crazy goal".

Why would that surprise you?? This should be a very close, exciting, hard-fought game. Anything less would be disappointing!!! By the way..it was the law of averagesthat I said would be on their side.

I have offered no complaints about Farragut or their players. I paid compliments where they are due and when something is "nothing special" I make that statement. (I think that is the closest thing to a negative comment that I have made.) I can never, ever recall making any statement about Bearden being Gods or anything close to that. I will say that they are an effective team at their style and I think their defense is getting better. I don't see how that makes them Gods. How did you come up with that?? Enlighten me with your vast wisdom!!!!!

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Apr 12 2007 - 07:45 PM) 826436174[/snapback]Wow!!! Wow!!! That is quite a push for Farragut! I guess I didn't realize who I was talking about!!! Man oh man.....with players like that and all that experience, their superior skill level- coupled with the fact that they are "gelling" so early.....well, I guess they should be unstoppable!!! Why predict a 1-0 game??? I mean...with all that you mentioned I would think this shouldn't even be a game!!!! I guess they will have a bunch of near misses or something. Oh well, I will still watch this 1-0 beating you are predicting.

whoah someone is obviously talking a little opnion wayy to personally .........look.......please for the sake of all of us .................................gett off your knees ...........oh yeah & whos to say that Two really talent teams can't come out of it with a 1-0 game .......what makes you the authority on taking the opnions of others and judging it on their predictions anyway ........................WOW!!! WOW!!!!