Bearden vs Farragut

bigwillystyle247

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 14 2007 - 12:57 PM) 826437384[/snapback]Are you implying that Bearden is a potential "National Champion". Before the season starts isnt everyone a potential "National Champion". I think so. In 2004 when they won the spring "National Championship" or whatever it was they lost twice. I don't see why they can't win with 1 loss and 3 ties. I can't wait to watch the game tonight. If these two teams play again maybe Farragut can do like Bearden did in girls soccer and make a "mistake" and then get the better draw for state.

Are you kiddin' me???? I'm not convinced they are the best team in the state! In case you haven't read remarks about this subject- I have always said that "National Championship" talk is a bunch of crap!! Bearden in 2002 may have been one of the best 10 teams in the Nation- but since they have no game to prove it- it is a matter of opinion. I don't believe Farragut was the best team in the State the year they won in 2004. Sounds crazy right?? They beat Oak Ridge 5-0 in the Championship game...destroyed them!! They, in my opinion were not as good as Oak Ridge that year. I was at the game- watched every second of it. It was the most unusal 5-0 game I have ever seen! But were they the undisputable champions...You dang right!! Not of the NATION!! This is a pretty big nation and I don't think they would be in the top 20 that year- yet they have some claim of a national championship because of some poll somewhere made by people who have no clue about the team, their talent, their ability- all they usually get is there records!! If your 23-0 but you have played a weak schedule, does that automatically make you the national champs if all the other states have good, close competition??

It is a simple ranking system, and I believe rankings are usually wrong! Before this week both West High and Farragut High were ranked above Bearden. Are they better- results say that they are not. The season will run it's course and eventually, we will have a champion of the State of Tennessee- that should be the goal and it is all that anyone could ask for. Forget rankings...they mean nothing- we have a tournament...could you imagine if everyone just played thier schedule and then we just choose a champion by a poll?? Well, that is exactly what happens with the "National Championship" poll. It has it's flaws!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Apr 14 2007 - 04:04 PM) 826437492[/snapback]Are you kiddin' me???? I'm not convinced they are the best team in the state! In case you haven't read remarks about this subject- I have always said that "National Championship" talk is a bunch of crap!! Bearden in 2002 may have been one of the best 10 teams in the Nation- but since they have no game to prove it- it is a matter of opinion. I don't believe Farragut was the best team in the State the year they won in 2004. Sounds crazy right?? They beat Oak Ridge 5-0 in the Championship game...destroyed them!! They, in my opinion were not as good as Oak Ridge that year. I was at the game- watched every second of it. It was the most unusal 5-0 game I have ever seen! But were they the undisputable champions...You dang right!! Not of the NATION!! This is a pretty big nation and I don't think they would be in the top 20 that year- yet they have some claim of a national championship because of some poll somewhere made by people who have no clue about the team, their talent, their ability- all they usually get is there records!! If your 23-0 but you have played a weak schedule, does that automatically make you the national champs if all the other states have good, close competition??

Are you kidding me???? I know what you think of the "National Champions" thing. basically everyone disagreed with you because you think we are saying the entire nation and not hte season champs.. It sure seemed like you were implying it by comparing their records and then making a comment about how Farragut was a pontential "National Champion". Where are you getting that people think a 23-0 team with a terrible schedule should be ranked #1? No one ever said that. Someone else mentioned this on another thread but it works here too. In NCAA Football last year Boise State went undefeated. Were they National Champions .. no. because why? Their schedule, Im pretty sure 80% of the poll people hadn't seen a Boise game. You can just tell by their schedule the teams are garbage. So wtf are you talking about? And who said it was of the whole entire nation? it has already been talked about that it was the spring part. the parts of the nation that play in the spring. you know like some teams play in the fall others in the winter and here they play in the spring. 3 different seasonal champs then an overall. no one ever said they were the overall champions of the U.S. not once not ever. But I dont see why you cant say that your team was a national champ if you were the champions of the season you played in. Like in the NFL and in MLB. Is the team that really wins the "World Champions" no. They at most play 2 teams from another country. Canada. They don't go around the world and play the best of the best. So I don't think they are really the "World Champions" like they say. I think it's a bunch of crap.

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Apr 14 2007 - 03:04 PM) 826437492[/snapback]Are you kiddin' me???? I'm not convinced they are the best team in the state! In case you haven't read remarks about this subject- I have always said that "National Championship" talk is a bunch of crap!! Bearden in 2002 may have been one of the best 10 teams in the Nation- but since they have no game to prove it- it is a matter of opinion. I don't believe Farragut was the best team in the State the year they won in 2004. Sounds crazy right?? They beat Oak Ridge 5-0 in the Championship game...destroyed them!! They, in my opinion were not as good as Oak Ridge that year. I was at the game- watched every second of it. It was the most unusal 5-0 game I have ever seen! But were they the undisputable champions...You dang right!! Not of the NATION!! This is a pretty big nation and I don't think they would be in the top 20 that year- yet they have some claim of a national championship because of some poll somewhere made by people who have no clue about the team, their talent, their ability- all they usually get is there records!! If your 23-0 but you have played a weak schedule, does that automatically make you the national champs if all the other states have good, close competition??

It is a simple ranking system, and I believe rankings are usually wrong! Before this week both West High and Farragut High were ranked above Bearden. Are they better- results say that they are not. The season will run it's course and eventually, we will have a champion of the State of Tennessee- that should be the goal and it is all that anyone could ask for. Forget rankings...they mean nothing- we have a tournament...could you imagine if everyone just played thier schedule and then we just choose a champion by a poll?? Well, that is exactly what happens with the "National Championship" poll. It has it's flaws!

How can you say Oak Ridge was better that year? 5-0 in the final sounds clear to me, however unusual the game might have been. If that wasn't enough of a margin for you, how about 8-1 in the regional final over Oak Ridge. Now I don't know if they were the best team in the nation or the state, but I would say they were better than Oak Ridge that year.

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ Apr 14 2007 - 08:28 PM) 826437605[/snapback]How can you say Oak Ridge was better that year? 5-0 in the final sounds clear to me, however unusual the game might have been. If that wasn't enough of a margin for you, how about 8-1 in the regional final over Oak Ridge. Now I don't know if they were the best team in the nation or the state, but I would say they were better than Oak Ridge that year.

Dont forget about 3-1 in the regular season. Farragut was pretty good that year. I went to alot of the games. The Science Hill one was probly the most disappointing, mainly because Farragut lost. But 24-2 aint a bad year. And if you look at who they played they didn't play too many scrubs other than the usuals. Heritage and William Blount. They played Oak Ridge 3 times(all wins and apparently, according to Pseudo, better than Farragut), the #2 team in 4A Georgia, Dalton, in their own invitational, beat Bearden twice, G-town Houston (5-0) who finished 3rd, beat McMinn Co. twice (2-1)(7-3) who finished 5th, CAK who won state. 6 of 26 games were against teams with losing records. They scored 126 goals while giving up just 16. 13 shutouts, 6 in the post season, the last 2 rounds of state, semis and finals. played 9 games with teams that had atleast 10 more wins than losses.

how can you say they werent better than Oak Ridge? 2 losses by atleast 5 goals should be enough.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 14 2007 - 07:58 PM) 826437623[/snapback]beat Bearden twice,

how can you say they werent better than Oak Ridge? 2 losses by atleast 5 goals should be enough.

but lets not forget that Bearden was having an off season, losing to Oak Ride 5-2 themselves.

the 3-1 game against Oak Ridge was a very close game indeed with a goal from a 60 yard clear (or something liek that, very far away) that bounced over the keepers head on the second bounce, and Oak Ridge had a goal called back from a hand ball on the player crossing the ball, pretty wierd.

as for the other games their can be no question, you can say that Oak Ridge was a better team against other teams maybe, but considering that Farragut beat them by 7 and then shut them out (no matter how) while scoring 5 points in the championship game pretty much proves they were the better team. (amd yes the championship game was played on a humongous field, i didnt see the game, but i have seen the field and it is pretty big).

Ok so right now I'm watching the game. My only real complaint would just have to be about the part when Bearden scored their first goal. The announcers and i know they arent soccer people, but they seemed to think it was like a world class goal that usually only pros can make. it bounced off a Farragut person. had it not hit him it wasnt going to go in and it was actually not a good header. also they said something about the field being "great". it looks half dead and muddy. that equals not good.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 14 2007 - 08:31 PM) 826437640[/snapback]Ok so right now I'm watching the game. My only real complaint would just have to be about the part when Bearden scored their first goal. The announcers and i know they arent soccer people, but they seemed to think it was like a world class goal that usually only pros can make. it bounced off a Farragut person. had it not hit him it wasnt going to go in and it was actually not a good header. also they said something about the field being "great". it looks half dead and muddy. that equals not good.

a goal is a goal my friend, since you have no friends i decided i be your friend, i didnt see it but it is ridiculous to get mad at announcers for doing there job, what do you think they should do say "yep, a mistake goal by Bearden that should not have happened, sorry Farragut bad luck, maybe it should only be counted as a half goal."

at least Bearden has a designated SOCCER field i dont know if it is still true but Farragut was seen as the 'rich' part of the city and they still dont have a soccer field.

QUOTE(ninjaman @ Apr 14 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826437653[/snapback]a goal is a goal my friend, since you have no friends i decided i be your friend, i didnt see it but it is ridiculous to get mad at announcers for doing there job, what do you think they should do say "yep, a mistake goal by Bearden that should not have happened, sorry Farragut bad luck, maybe it should only be counted as a half goal."

at least Bearden has a designated SOCCER field i dont know if it is still true but Farragut was seen as the 'rich' part of the city and they still dont have a soccer field.

Although they probably would say that..I guess since I'm "rich" I don't deserve an opinion. I wasn't saying that it wasn't a goal. Just don't make it out to be something it wasn't. a goal it was. an amazing goal it definitely wasn't. There is no room for a soccer field at Farragut. It's quite obvious when you drive by. Farragut isn't even in Knoxville so how are they part of the city? County yes but not city.

edit: the way the field looks i would rather not have my own soccer field. I'd rather play on an avg. football field instead of a muddy dead "soccer" field. also sweet stands. all of 150 people can sit on them. AMAZING! how long is their field? Walker has a leg.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 14 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826437655[/snapback]Although they probably would say that..I guess since I'm "rich" I don't deserve an opinion. I wasn't saying that it wasn't a goal. Just don't make it out to be something it wasn't. a goal it was. an amazing goal it definitely wasn't. There is no room for a soccer field at Farragut. It's quite obvious when you drive by. Farragut isn't even in Knoxville so how are they part of the city? County yes but not city.

edit: the way the field looks i would rather not have my own soccer field. I'd rather play on an avg. football field instead of a muddy dead "soccer" field. also sweet stands. all of 150 people can sit on them. AMAZING! how long is their field? Walker has a leg.

please dont twist my words, i did not say that you yourself was rich or make any accusation of that being a bad thing if you were, i said that the town was and seeing as how Farragut has had state titles in soccer they should build a field.

Soccer fields are not always on the schools ground. Oak Ridge had their field digged up and played off the school grounds.

Fix the Watt Road Fields and use those, or find a better place, you can't tell me there is no way that Farragut can make a field, i meant that Farragut is seen as the rich part of the area, but i mean feel free to nick pick every little thing trying to make your argument by putting a bad face on the other's argument, very cheap tactic and you hide it so well.

are you going to say "how do i downsize other's arguments? all i am doing is trying to make my point, and i dont like it when people say Farragut is part of Knoxville"?

are Farragut fans too good to stand? do they not own chairs they can bring? since when are bleacher's an important part of the game of soccer?

is the field built primarily for the player's or the fans?

Bearden did not have too much room either to build their own soccer field, but guess what, they made due with what they could come up with, if that means not having alot of space for bleacher's but have a field to play on, thats what they did; or maybe they didnt have enough money, but tehy still made the sacrifice of the stadium sitting.

how do the farragut players feel knowing that the school or city doesnt think enough of them to get them a soccer field, i bet they feel bad walking onto a field that isnt even regulation size and is used for the game of football, do they feel good setting up the goals under a field goal post? how can they play for their city and school that doesnt even give them a field?

QUOTE(ninjaman @ Apr 14 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826437670[/snapback]please dont twist my words, i did not say that you yourself was rich or make any accusation of that being a bad thing if you were, i said that the town was and seeing as how Farragut has had state titles in soccer they should build a field.

Soccer fields are not always on the schools ground. Oak Ridge had their field digged up and played off the school grounds.

Fix the Watt Road Fields and use those, or find a better place, you can't tell me there is no way that Farragut can make a field, i meant that Farragut is seen as the rich part of the area, but i mean feel free to nick pick every little thing trying to make your argument by putting a bad face on the other's argument, very cheap tactic and you hide it so well.

are you going to say "how do i downsize other's arguments? all i am doing is trying to make my point, and i dont like it when people say Farragut is part of Knoxville"?

are Farragut fans too good to stand? do they not own chairs they can bring? since when are bleacher's an important part of the game of soccer?

is the field built primarily for the player's or the fans?

Bearden did not have too much room either to build their own soccer field, but guess what, they made due with what they could come up with, if that means not having alot of space for bleacher's but have a field to play on, thats what they did; or maybe they didnt have enough money, but tehy still made the sacrifice of the stadium sitting.

how do the farragut players feel knowing that the school or city doesnt think enough of them to get them a soccer field, i bet they feel bad walking onto a field that isnt even regulation size and is used for the game of football, do they feel good setting up the goals under a field goal post? how can they play for their city and school that doesnt even give them a field?

yea your right. Bearden does have their own field... but i think you have it wrong when you say they play soccer on it. all they do is play kickball. so they built a short but wide field. real smart. but they dont play soccer, they play kickball.

QUOTE(paulbrown101 @ Apr 14 2007 - 11:22 PM) 826437691[/snapback]yea your right. Bearden does have their own field... but i think you have it wrong when you say they play soccer on it. all they do is play kickball. so they built a short but wide field. real smart. but they dont play soccer, they play kickball.

i heard that Bearden is actually possessing a little more than usual, once again i don't know for my self because i have not seen them play.

it is very smart to build a field based on a team's style of play. It might be the ugliest soccer in the world to watch but when it comes down to it the team that scoress the most wins, and Bearden seems to do that alot.

they have a game plan and a game style.

Soccer is a very complex gaem that can be 'played' in countless ways, just because they do nto try and string 8 passes in a row and then get a turn over doesn't mean anything except for that they realize that you dont get points for pretty soccer.

Let me ask you a question, what is the main goal of a soccer team in any competitive soccer game?

let me answer for you, it is to score more goals than the other team while trying to get socred on the least amount possible.

There really is no other answer. Bearden happens to be great at this they realize that you dont get points for a pretty back heel, or stringing 5 consecutive passes togather, or by switching the field of play.

So to play soccer is to have a team that plays in such a way that gives them the best possible chance of winning every game they play while following the rules of the game. Seeing as how Bearden is what 11 and 1 i think they play the game quite well.