cak vs catholic

allsoccer

QUOTE(BigG @ Apr 13 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826437125[/snapback]By the letter of the law, the call was "correct"

I had left by this time and when i read the article in the paper this morning it said "illegal possesion of the ball" I'm a certified ref of seven years and clueless? It could not be the right term, but what is this call?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ Apr 14 2007 - 08:06 AM) 826437299[/snapback]I had left by this time and when i read the article in the paper this morning it said "illegal possesion of the ball" I'm a certified ref of seven years and clueless? It could not be the right term, but what is this call?

OK... my understanding of the call (of which I have had that called only twice in my 14 years of coaching as well) is that Joey touched the ball with his hands, didn't pick it up, then waited a second and picked it up. A keeper can only touch it with his hands once while picking it up. He "touched" it twice. Indirect kick inside the box. In a way (deep down inside) I am glad we didn't score off of that. I would rather get one in the hard way.

QUOTE(BigG @ Apr 14 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826437312[/snapback]OK... my understanding of the call (of which I have had that called only twice in my 14 years of coaching as well) is that Joey touched the ball with his hands, didn't pick it up, then waited a second and picked it up. A keeper can only touch it with his hands once while picking it up. He "touched" it twice. Indirect kick inside the box. In a way (deep down inside) I am glad we didn't score off of that. I would rather get one in the hard way.

They actually called that? In the late stages of the game...wow. I would think given the Spirit of the Game that they would either let it go or just warn the keeper. I hate to say this but knowing Joeys reputation he might of been taunting the players, in this case i can understand...

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ Apr 14 2007 - 10:07 AM) 826437327[/snapback]They actually called that? In the late stages of the game...wow. I would think given the Spirit of the Game that they would either let it go or just warn the keeper. I hate to say this but knowing Joeys reputation he might of been taunting the players, in this case i can understand...

pinball he probably wasnt taunting. considering it was the last few minutes of the game and the were up 1-0 he was( in my guess) wasting time. which im pretty sure if u were in that situaition you would have done the exact same thing. which in soccer (the game were talking about) is part of the game and every team does it. so just hop off.

QUOTE(numba1stunna @ Apr 15 2007 - 01:40 PM) 826437877[/snapback]pinball he probably wasnt taunting. considering it was the last few minutes of the game and the were up 1-0 he was( in my guess) wasting time. which im pretty sure if u were in that situaition you would have done the exact same thing. which in soccer (the game were talking about) is part of the game and every team does it. so just hop off.

So personal people take things..i know Joey, he could of been doing either of those things. Good luck to both teams throughout the year!!