The Countdown Begins...

QUOTE(takedown3 @ May 8 2007 - 11:52 AM) 826454420[/snapback]Count to ten and breathe deeply. Next time you have a session, ask your shrink about some anger management exercises. You're taking this way to seriously.

You're probably right about your six year old but then he has to live with you.

QUOTE(takedown3 @ May 8 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826454561[/snapback]You're right. This is boring, petty, childish, etc. It's thankless work but somone's got to do it.

Yea its childish when you answer a question with another slander. You cant answer it because you know I'm right. Its ok for you people to be ugly and nasty but nobody else can. Call it childish, but I have had it with the better than tough syndrome you people have, and I will continue to comment about as long as you slander me and my children.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ May 8 2007 - 08:35 PM) 826454905[/snapback]Yea its childish when you answer a question with another slander. You cant answer it because you know I'm right. Its ok for you people to be ugly and nasty but nobody else can. Call it childish, but I have had it with the better than tough syndrome you people have, and I will continue to comment about as long as you slander me and my children.

You're being summoned to another string. The topic contains a multisylabic word which means you'll probably have to go look it up in the dictionary. I'm still at a loss how one slanders a screen name much more so the child of a screen name. You really need to get a handle on reality.

I am a large BA supporter. Just thought I would state that up front, as to get out where my bias lay.

That said I would strongly encourage anyone and everyone to go and read the decision given in the initial case back in 2001.

It is an interesting read. The justices write clearly and understandably so it won't be over anyone's head. I do not think BA recruited the boys in question in 1997. That said, Clarence Thomas' dissent presented a much stronger argument as to why the TSSAA is not a state actor. Does everyone know that is what the first case is about? BA's case just doesn't fly with me. Many of their arguments fell well short of Thomas' dissent. Entwinement is clearly not in affect with the TSSAA and the state.

This new hearing will go down party lines.

Alito and Roberts are much more conservative than O'Connor and she was the deciding vote last time.

Also the oral arguments don't really matter much. The briefs are far more important. This time BA lays bare a great case in the briefs. I would again highly encourage those shouting recruiting to go and look at them. I found them quite eye opening.

BA loses. But Ruth B.G. will probably write a stirring enough dissent that if a democrat wins in '08 this issue will come before the court again, this time not with BA at the helm.

QUOTE(takedown3 @ May 8 2007 - 09:50 PM) 826454923[/snapback]You're being summoned to another string. The topic contains a multisylabic word which means you'll probably have to go look it up in the dictionary. I'm still at a loss how one slanders a screen name much more so the child of a screen name. You really need to get a handle on reality.

Are you going to answer the question?

QUOTE(takedown3 @ May 9 2007 - 06:18 PM) 826455686[/snapback]I've answered you a couple of times but you're too dense to understand the answer. Why don't you and MPH Jr go throw a ball or something?

Thats interesting. I asked the question on post 129. Your responses on post 131,132,134, and 137 never once answered it. You cant answer it because it will defy who you really are. I was never going to tell you this because its none of your business, but if you are going to continually bring my children into this then I am going to let you know because of his serious handicaps he doesnt even know what a ball is much less know how to throw one. So keep ripping on him and myself if it continues to make you feel better.

QUOTE(JuhaV??t?inen @ May 9 2007 - 08:05 AM) 826455275[/snapback]I am a large BA supporter. Just thought I would state that up front, as to get out where my bias lay.

That said I would strongly encourage anyone and everyone to go and read the decision given in the initial case back in 2001.

It is an interesting read. The justices write clearly and understandably so it won't be over anyone's head. I do not think BA recruited the boys in question in 1997. That said, Clarence Thomas' dissent presented a much stronger argument as to why the TSSAA is not a state actor. Does everyone know that is what the first case is about? BA's case just doesn't fly with me. Many of their arguments fell well short of Thomas' dissent. Entwinement is clearly not in affect with the TSSAA and the state.

This new hearing will go down party lines.

Alito and Roberts are much more conservative than O'Connor and she was the deciding vote last time.

Also the oral arguments don't really matter much. The briefs are far more important. This time BA lays bare a great case in the briefs. I would again highly encourage those shouting recruiting to go and look at them. I found them quite eye opening.

BA loses. But Ruth B.G. will probably write a stirring enough dissent that if a democrat wins in '08 this issue will come before the court again, this time not with BA at the helm.

You're probably correct about the outcome this time. There was an excellent analysis in the Chatt TFP but being a fan of copyright law (and the fact Coacht would have edited out) I didn't print it here. There seemed to be little sympathy according to TFP's reporter for BA's arguments. Based on some pointed questions, several justices were sceptical regarding BA's defense. It sounded like Roberts and Alito both were giving more weight to the fact that BA voluntarily joined the TSSAA and they should abide by its rules. That's probably a gross over simplification and has some inacuracies, but the long and short of the article was BA loses. Too bad.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ May 9 2007 - 05:26 PM) 826455690[/snapback]Thats interesting. I asked the question on post 129. Your responses on post 131,132,134, and 137 never once answered it. You cant answer it because it will defy who you really are. I was never going to tell you this because its none of your business, but if you are going to continually bring my children into this then I am going to let you know because of his serious handicaps he doesnt even know what a ball is much less know how to throw one. So keep ripping on him and myself if it continues to make you feel better.

I'll try this again: YOU CAN"T SLANDER A SCREEN NAME (OR OFFSPRING OF SCREEN NAMES)!. In order for anyone to either slander you or libel you, you would have to identify yourself by name and then someone would have to write (libel) or speak (slander) something harmful that they know or should know is untrue. It it were true, tough luck. I suppose if you keep dropping hints about who you are, then someone in whatever town you live in might actually figure out that you're wasting your time on Coacht.

As far as other posters dissing public schools, I told them to stop it. I just can't believe they didn't obey me since apparently we're all related as "you people". Here, I'll tell the mean posters again - Quit writing mean things about public schools, you're hurting MPH's feelings! I mean it this time! That ought to do it.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ May 8 2007 - 09:16 AM) 826454323[/snapback]Just answer this question. Why can you people slander non private supporters, but when we as public supports fire back we need psychiatrist, its slander, its inhumane. I mean really why? Answer the question! Are you personally to good to take critisism or slander back at you when you obviously like dish it out. I mean come on guys, you wonder why there are so many people who hate private schools and the "snotty I'm better than you attitude" that goes with it. Now saying that I know not all privates are like that but it only take one piece of bad fruit to ruin the entire basket. takedown be a man and take the ribbing back if you are gonna dish it. Step up. My 6 year old can take it better than you.

Actually, I'm a public school guy all the way. Only way I will send my kids to private school is if I am zoned for a bad school.

My father was a public school teacher & administrator for about 35 years. He was a teacher/coach for about 15 at a small county K-8 school, moved on to the administration of a K-12 public school smaller than yours for about 10 years, then was in the adminstration of a large sized K-8 school for about 15.

Funny thing though like I said, he coached girls basketball in the 70s at a small rural county school. When his teams won four straight county titles, guess what all the other coaches accused him of? You guessed it! Recruiting!

When he was in the administration of the large K-8 school, they got a really good boys coach. From I think 91-98, their boys teams won 6 out of 7 county titles. The other schools and coaches in the county got so mad and jealous that they kicked them out of the county league because it was unfair because they had more students than anyone else. Nevermind all the county schools had been in this league for 50+ years, it was unfair!

Funny though, when he was at the small K-12 school, their boys basketball team was feared by all. They played every size and type of school, and beat every last one of them.

I say all that to say this. Your excuses are the same excuses that have been around for ages, just a different culprit is committing them now. You have a mindset of "woe is me because of my circumstances" that has been around forever. Becuase your team can't win you find every possible excuse to explain it and want to make to road to winning as easy as possible. Unless you win, it will always be unfair, I don't care the situation. Personally, I can't stand it. Life ain't always fair. Be a man and deal with it.

(Oh, and in Sunday School this week, it's the role of men and women in the church. Come one and come all! Should be a lively discussion to say the least!)

QUOTE(Solomon @ May 10 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826456425[/snapback]Actually, I'm a public school guy all the way. Only way I will send my kids to private school is if I am zoned for a bad school.

My father was a public school teacher & administrator for about 35 years. He was a teacher/coach for about 15 at a small county K-8 school, moved on to the administration of a K-12 public school smaller than yours for about 10 years, then was in the adminstration of a large sized K-8 school for about 15.

Funny thing though like I said, he coached girls basketball in the 70s at a small rural county school. When his teams won four straight county titles, guess what all the other coaches accused him of? You guessed it! Recruiting!

When he was in the administration of the large K-8 school, they got a really good boys coach. From I think 91-98, their boys teams won 6 out of 7 county titles. The other schools and coaches in the county got so mad and jealous that they kicked them out of the county league because it was unfair because they had more students than anyone else. Nevermind all the county schools had been in this league for 50+ years, it was unfair!

Funny though, when he was at the small K-12 school, their boys basketball team was feared by all. They played every size and type of school, and beat every last one of them.

I say all that to say this. Your excuses are the same excuses that have been around for ages, just a different culprit is committing them now. You have a mindset of "woe is me because of my circumstances" that has been around forever. Becuase your team can't win you find every possible excuse to explain it and want to make to road to winning as easy as possible. Unless you win, it will always be unfair, I don't care the situation. Personally, I can't stand it. Life ain't always fair. Be a man and deal with it.

(Oh, and in Sunday School this week, it's the role of men and women in the church. Come one and come all! Should be a lively discussion to say the least!)

I'll apologize in advance for having to do this but MPH goes a little postal if I don't descipline "you people". Here goes: Shame on you for slandering (I'm not sure in a coacht setting if it's slander or libel but you get the jest) the public schools in such a mean and heartless way. Don't do it anymore! Sorry to have to take you to the verbal woodshed but MPH expects it of me.

On the lesson issue, just don't let women become ruling elders. They're already running the church anyway, no reason to share titles with them!

QUOTE(takedown3 @ May 10 2007 - 12:51 PM) 826456577[/snapback]On the lesson issue, just don't let women become ruling elders. They're already running the church anyway, no reason to share titles with them!

That is so getting incorporated into my lesson this week. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Solomon @ May 11 2007 - 06:30 AM) 826457110[/snapback]That is so getting incorporated into my lesson this week. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I think y'all need to update your biblical Hermeneutics. Paul was probably on of the most egalitarian theologians of the time. His Koinonia ethic spoke to this.

That doesn't mean that we should let them behind the wheel though. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />