RIVERDALE LADY WARRIORS

riverdaleman

QUOTE(Way2Go @ May 25 2007 - 03:00 PM) 826467115[/snapback]I have no cry in this either, but why are you so harsh against Riverdale!? All of the teams have some great and some not so great players on them. You get what your town has to offer and un-fortunately some towns like small ones don't have that much to choose from. Bigger towns have a better advantage. I would be proud of any team that made it to State!!! Do you say the same thing about your good players as you are about Cat? Yes, Cat is an awesome pitcher, but someone has to score the points to win games!!! Instead of 'justchewinfat', chew you tongue and stop being mean!!!

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AT STATE!!!!

People are harsh against Riverdale because of there red neck arrogance. I think "slim" brought that with him from Coffee Co.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Way2Go @ May 25 2007 - 04:00 PM) 826467115[/snapback]I have no cry in this either, but why are you so harsh against Riverdale!? All of the teams have some great and some not so great players on them. You get what your town has to offer and un-fortunately some towns like small ones don't have that much to choose from. Bigger towns have a better advantage. I would be proud of any team that made it to State!!! Do you say the same thing about your good players as you are about Cat? Yes, Cat is an awesome pitcher, but someone has to score the points to win games!!! Instead of 'justchewinfat', chew you tongue and stop being mean!!!

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AT STATE!!!!

You need to console swingaway. I hope she is ok. I have not heard from her in two days.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.

QUOTE(wilson25 @ May 25 2007 - 04:06 PM) 826467117[/snapback]People are harsh against Riverdale because of there red neck arrogance. I think "slim" brought that with him from Coffee Co.

I think it is more of a controlled cockyness it's not necessarily bad though. Riverdale is a sports factory and you can tell they are very proud of their teams. i think all of the Murfreesboro schools are that way,

QUOTE(icecold06 @ May 25 2007 - 06:21 PM) 826467152[/snapback]I think it is more of a controlled cockyness it's not necessarily bad though. Riverdale is a sports factory and you can tell they are very proud of their teams. i think all of the Murfreesboro schools are that way,

I agree. I think teams like Riverdale work hard for everything they have and that is what makes them so passionate. I know they are loud, but if you talk to the parents they are really a great group of people. Do you know they paid for and built all of their facilities like their field and batting cages , all by fundraising. I dont think they get any money from Murfreesboro to fund their program. I also have the utmost respect for the Whitehouse program who built their own fields too. Their parents are just as proud. You cant really criticize programs like that of Cindy Towers and Coach Breeden. Passion for the game is not a bad thing and if it comes with a little " cockyness" , well I think that is ok.

QUOTE(icecold06 @ May 25 2007 - 05:21 PM) 826467152[/snapback]I think it is more of a controlled cockyness it's not necessarily bad though. Riverdale is a sports factory and you can tell they are very proud of their teams. i think all of the Murfreesboro schools are that way,

What do the Lady Warriors have to be cocky about? This is the first time they ever even made it to the state. It starts at the top with the coach. Coffee Co. was cocky also and they never won a thing.

QUOTE(youwilneverno @ May 25 2007 - 06:45 PM) 826467159[/snapback]What do the Lady Warriors have to be cocky about? This is the first time they ever even made it to the state. It starts at the top with the coach. Coffee Co. was cocky also and they never won a thing.

I think making it to state in AAA is something to be proud of!! We cant seem to get out of our district and I think we had a very good team this year.

Riverdale should be MIGHTY PROUD of their LADIES..yes I said LADIES. That is because that is the way they act. Their coach has taught them 2 respect others on & off the field and that has made them so strong not just during games. ANYONE that would come on this site & dog a coach & team that has played with so much heart & soul and showed nothing but grace & respect for the other teams they have played, well then they must have issues that can not be addressed on this board. Riverdale does have a great atheletic program and followers that supports them whether they win or lose. (of course winning is always better) and people always hate teams that do so well & have people that support them (that would be called jealousy) Riverdale has a lot to look forward too with the return of so many excellent players. Congrats on a great year & look forward to next year.

I'm placing my post here from another thread.....

First, I want to say thanks to all the girls AND fans AND parents of the Riverdale team for a fantastic season run. Absolutely incredible. I must say, Riverdale softball has climbed to new levels of excellence and, by that, has brought the level of play around middle Tennessee to a new level. AAA Teams such as Riverdale, Siegel, Brentwood, Dickson, Coffee and Lincoln have been perennial power houses that typically set the benchmark for excellence. Granted some years are rebuilding years but for the most part, always contend to win tournament play. Riverdale is in it's fourth year as a contender. Not bad for a program that barely had a field and maybe one 2nd place district win back in '87 (someone correct me please). Their rise has sparked interest in that area to new levels. Tradition is something Riverdale and Siegel aspires to while most other contenders have it. You have to start somewhere and Riverdale got there faster than any other team that I can remember. They've been knocked out by one run or one bad break in prior years. Getting to state is an accomplishment in itself and most certainly something to be proud of. What was just a scratched out dirt spot in a field next to the high school became a first class field that other schools have copied and everyone knows that copying is the best form of flattery. Coach B would be mad at me for saying that I would be happy just to go to state because he settles for nothing less than a championship, as he should, but being there is something special in itself, that he would readily admit. It's an accomplishment that gives you reflection on all your hard work with gratification knowing you've been recognized as an elite. Without the support of the great parents of Riverdale and their hard work, none of this would ever have happened. To some, "driven" is mistaken as "obnoxious" and small minds will always make that mistake. Excitement is what this game is all about and Riverdale is living it. You couldn't ask for anything more in that department.

What a great year and congrats to all of them, including Soddy. They are the team that everyone strives to beat. JustChewinFat, your posts have at least kept the fire going and inspired others to do the same. THIS, in itself, is an old tradition. As I said in an earlier post, ANYONE could win it and the Riverdale/Mt. Juliet game was prophecy. I hate it for Riverdale but can you imagine inspiration the MJ girls felt when they won that game? Screaming the fact that they came out of the loser's bracket and beat Riverdale? THAT, my friends, says it ALL! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(youwilneverno @ May 25 2007 - 03:21 PM) 826467124[/snapback]I wonder when the Riverdale faithfull are going to start crying about Cliffords or Kacey's umpires stealing the game from them.

no one has even mentioned the umpires on here except you so what is the complaint?

all we have done is congratulate our girls and our opponents there has been no complaining of anything