Wilson Central At Hendersonville

WCfan09

QUOTE(WCfan09 @ Apr 17 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826439822[/snapback]Thoughts* Sorry

Central wins 2-1

Central now 6-0

I stand corrected. Incredible accomplishment, Wilson Central. You must have acquired those Brazilians after all.

I'm beginning to wonder if Hendersonville is going to make it out of districts this year. I've NEVER known them to be down, but they certainly seem to be down this year.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WCfan09 @ Apr 17 2007 - 09:30 PM) 826439822[/snapback]Thoughts* Sorry

Central wins 2-1

Central now 6-0

As the one person ( yes Glencliff 20 is me also ) who gave Wislon Central credit( "a nobody in soccer" I beleive someone said) I expect a bunch of "you were right, they are much better than we thought " /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(WCfan09 @ Apr 17 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826439866[/snapback]A "Nobody" in soccer just doesnt go 6-0 beating three ranked teams while doing it.

I think Central isnt getting enough credit this year.

It's now obvious the reason Wilson Central isn't getting the credit it's due, nobody can pronounce all those Brazilian names.

Isn't sports a humbling thing? Good thing the out come is decided by the players on the field.

QUOTE(WCfan09 @ Apr 17 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826439866[/snapback]A "Nobody" in soccer just doesnt go 6-0 beating three ranked teams while doing it.

I think Central isnt getting enough credit this year.

when you've been bad for long then you start winning it takes time for people to notice

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Apr 17 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826439891[/snapback]when you've been bad for long then you start winning it takes time for people to notice

This is true, but enjoy being able to fly under the radar for now. It is more difficult for a team to prepare for an underdog than a team that has a load of attention.

Spoken from a member of an unranked team last year that wiped out two ranked teams on its way to a sectional appearance and very nearly a state appearance...

Yeah, those Brazilians may not have shown up, but I will tell you who did:

A Brit

A Guatemalan

A Mexican

A Korean

A Sierra Leoneon

A Cambodian

And a few Caucasians.

Yes, Hendersonville will complain that they got absolutely no calls, which is for the most part true.

I believe they Wilson Central only had one foul called on them.

However, this was due to a lack of discipline.

In crunch time, not only did they step up their intensity, they stepped up their animosity.

The cursing, the fouling, the slide tackles when the ball was nowhere in sight.

There's no place in soccer for that.

Their coach, however, deserves to be respected: he is a humble and talented man, coaching that team.

He, unlike the Riverdale coach, gets my respect.

QUOTE(Carolina_Bo4JC @ Apr 17 2007 - 10:26 PM) 826439927[/snapback]Their coach, however, deserves to be respected: he is a humble and talented man, coaching that team.

don't blame ali he is just a intense competitor

if riverdale is winning or losing he still gives the same amount of emotion

QUOTE(Carolina_Bo4JC @ Apr 17 2007 - 10:26 PM) 826439927[/snapback]Yeah, those Brazilians may not have shown up, but I will tell you who did:

A Brit

A Guatemalan

A Mexican

A Korean

A Sierra Leoneon

A Cambodian

And a few Caucasians.

Yes, Hendersonville will complain that they got absolutely no calls, which is for the most part true.

I believe they Wilson Central only had one foul called on them.

However, this was due to a lack of discipline.

In crunch time, not only did they step up their intensity, they stepped up their animosity.

The cursing, the fouling, the slide tackles when the ball was nowhere in sight.

There's no place in soccer for that.

Their coach, however, deserves to be respected: he is a humble and talented man, coaching that team.

LoL...Who the Korean?!? I don't think we have Korean...LoL

yes, but there is a certain degree of professionalism that goes along with being a coach.

There's a difference between being an "intense competitor" and just plain being rude.

He crossed the line telling an injured player's father to "get the f*** off the field, Grampa" and "take out the black kid like you took out the other one!"

If Don Imus can get fired for saying "nappy headed ho's", Ali should get fired for those comments.

Not often do we get (or want, or have reason) to post on such a thread, but as a parent of one of the Wilson Central players, "Way to go!!!". Did not make it to the game (out-of town on business) but had a play-by-play over the phone. Congrat's to the players, the coaching staff and the supporting parents and fans. This is an improved team with a very weak history, almost more coaches than years played, little support from the system or the community, and a very minimal local soccer envirionment. To play such a powerhouse as H'ville with the high class of local soccer and come out without a loss is a powerful statement, so much more with a win! That and Central's current record speaks volumes.

And as far as I know not a single Brazilian player on the roster (although I'm sure they are welcome to try out for the team). This is a team effort, not individuals. This team has a future, not only this year, but in future years as well. This team, obviously, is one in transition. Hopefully the success of this season will strengthen the local soccer community.

Thanks to the Glencliff player for the positive comments. Soccer needs more of that.

Good luck to all during the remainder of the season and good-night. And please be safe on and off the fields.

You know I am really getting tired of people bashing Wilson Central. The have deserved every win. H'Ville can come up with all kinds of excuses, but tonight Wilson Central played with a lot of heart and deserved to win. Wilson Central has come a very long way. Im very proud of them. Keep up your good work guys.