POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mexican @ Apr 18 2007 - 09:31 PM) 826440663[/snapback]Better put the crack pipe down before its too late. Nondistrict opponents, you do not want to go there cause you have to cross the Hiwassee Dam to get there. You do have some brain cells left, you are right about regular season means nothing. Would rather lose to good teams than take a W from Basin. As far as Polk being a better hitting team, we'll see next week. I haven't seen them play, but I am not impressed with stats against the opponents they have played. I will say this it will be a "SHAW SHUT DOWN POLK AGAIN" headline.

If you have not seen Polk play then you don't need to comment! I HAVE seen nearly all the teams in the district play and after seeing Polk vs Meigs and Central vs Meigs . I would say Polk and Central are very close but Polk has a little better hitting in the bottom half of the lineup and as mentioned earlier Meigs has to be the most overrated team in the district their hitting is pretty bad and their fielding is not great either! As for stats you are claiming to be better than Polk by comparing stats from their games but yet you guys only beat Sequoyah by 1 run or was that your JV team playing? Polks stats and Centrals are virtually the same against this pitiful district and their losses were close games as was Centrals so you can't say Centrals stats are better. Those stats are good for one thing and that is to wipe with. Don't cast stones if you live in a glass house. Central's schedule is equal to Polk's, you guys don't exactly play any powerhouse teams. I hope Shaw can pitch both games against Polk since you have such confidence in him. Remember baseball is a funny game any team can beat another on any given day no matter how much better one is over the other!!

QUOTE(mexican @ Apr 18 2007 - 12:05 PM) 826440388[/snapback]Central blew game 2 at Meigs primarily by not changing pitchers earlier. Central is a better team than Meigs. Chargers should be sitting alone on top but that's baseball. I have not seen Polk play so I can not make a fair comparison between the two. However I am familiar with most of their players and know Triplett. I can only say history favors Chargers. As you stated Wildcats have not beaten Central in a long time and I think that's as much mental as talent. I really don't see it happening this year. Chargers playing awfully well right now and I think that has alot to do with scheduling of good nondistrict opponents. Polk will have to wait till next year to advance out of district. Chargers sweep, because of much better pitching and playing great at the right time.

Rivalry yes, HATRED, such a strong word to use!! Good luck to both teams, both are well coached, with very good players. Let the player decide the outcome between the lines!!!! Hope the fans show sportsmanship also!!

QUOTE(Rook2 @ Apr 20 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826441648[/snapback]thats funny because centrals starting catcher #23 said everybody out their starts on varsity.

He is the starting catcher on JV, his name is Taylor Cook. The catcher for varsity is #2. But come to the game Monday, and you will see both teams playin would run rule you. Considering you got beat by the JV team!!!!

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 20 2007 - 11:31 AM) 826441869[/snapback]If you have not seen Polk play then you don't need to comment! I HAVE seen nearly all the teams in the district play and after seeing Polk vs Meigs and Central vs Meigs . I would say Polk and Central are very close but Polk has a little better hitting in the bottom half of the lineup and as mentioned earlier Meigs has to be the most overrated team in the district their hitting is pretty bad and their fielding is not great either! As for stats you are claiming to be better than Polk by comparing stats from their games but yet you guys only beat Sequoyah by 1 run or was that your JV team playing? Polks stats and Centrals are virtually the same against this pitiful district and their losses were close games as was Centrals so you can't say Centrals stats are better. Those stats are good for one thing and that is to wipe with. Don't cast stones if you live in a glass house. Central's schedule is equal to Polk's, you guys don't exactly play any powerhouse teams. I hope Shaw can pitch both games against Polk since you have such confidence in him. Remember baseball is a funny game any team can beat another on any given day no matter how much better one is over the other!!

Let me get this straight. Meigs is the most overated team in the district but they split with Polk who is the best thing since sliced bread. What about this doesn't make sense?

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 20 2007 - 11:31 AM) 826441869[/snapback]If you have not seen Polk play then you don't need to comment! I HAVE seen nearly all the teams in the district play and after seeing Polk vs Meigs and Central vs Meigs . I would say Polk and Central are very close but Polk has a little better hitting in the bottom half of the lineup and as mentioned earlier Meigs has to be the most overrated team in the district their hitting is pretty bad and their fielding is not great either! As for stats you are claiming to be better than Polk by comparing stats from their games but yet you guys only beat Sequoyah by 1 run or was that your JV team playing? Polks stats and Centrals are virtually the same against this pitiful district and their losses were close games as was Centrals so you can't say Centrals stats are better. Those stats are good for one thing and that is to wipe with. Don't cast stones if you live in a glass house. Central's schedule is equal to Polk's, you guys don't exactly play any powerhouse teams. I hope Shaw can pitch both games against Polk since you have such confidence in him. Remember baseball is a funny game any team can beat another on any given day no matter how much better one is over the other!!

Let's compare schedule results again. Polk lost to McMinn 2-0. Central beat McMinn 10-4. Polk gets shutout by Sweetwater, Central scored 28 runs in two games against Sweetwater. I'm not about to say "Central's stats are better." I am just providing extra "wiping" material.

well stats cant say much ....anyone can beat anybody else on any given day .... jus look at boyd @ central and sweetwater against polk .. both teams must bring wat they have to the table on monday and tuesday .... and u cant look at stats on this one because everone noes that polk doesnt play a hard(out of district) schedule

QUOTE(mexican @ Apr 22 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826442875[/snapback]Let's compare schedule results again. Polk lost to McMinn 2-0. Central beat McMinn 10-4. Polk gets shutout by Sweetwater, Central scored 28 runs in two games against Sweetwater. I'm not about to say "Central's stats are better." I am just providing extra "wiping" material.

If i'm not mistaking Central got beat by McMinn too!!! Polk swept Boyd, Central split with them. You'll only beat Sequoyah by 1. Polk put up 40 runs.What i'm saying is who cares about the other games. Today is the important one