State Champs ?

Foul Ball

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(-Catfish- @ Apr 26 2007 - 06:48 PM) 826446272[/snapback]Don't know how you can say South-Doyle when DB has beaten em twice this year and is ranked right behind Oakland

You'll see what I mean Sat after round 3

I saw the game SD played against DB in the Sports Belle.. SD was up 7-0 and then put all their JV guys in and they didn't even pitch anybody in their top5 at that..

I also saw DB kick it around at UT also they really didn't impress me..They are good but not what everyone made them out to be..

QUOTE(Baseballfan9383 @ Apr 27 2007 - 07:33 AM) 826446680[/snapback]I saw the game SD played against DB in the Sports Belle.. SD was up 7-0 and then put all their JV guys in and they didn't even pitch anybody in their top5 at that..

I also saw DB kick it around at UT also they really didn't impress me..They are good but not what everyone made them out to be..

I agree. DB is a good team but i believe SD has a better chance of making it to state because of their pitching rotation. Their top 3 pitchers are all tough to handle. If im not mistaken, I believe all 3 of them are going D1. Not to mention that SD can also stroke the ball.

Guest inappropriate87

QUOTE(jadguitar06 @ Apr 21 2007 - 12:17 AM) 826442235[/snapback]Well lemme tell ya. Them Valley boys are gonna bring home the gold this year. Coach Dinger and that monster lineup is gonna be what puts the Jackets over the hump. Huntingdon plays a bunch of no name putzes. Can you say toughest A schedule in the state? I know I can. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Third championship in LV history, since the great days of Larry Knight. OOH Yeah

i played for lv a couple of years back and i just wanted to appologize on behalf of who ever said this. huntingdon is a great ball team and so is lv. nobody should bad talk anyone on here, we are here to talk about baseball and baseball only not put other teams down. so again i apologize to huntingdon and all the opponents of huntingdon that jadguitar mentioned

QUOTE(jadguitar06 @ Apr 27 2007 - 06:28 AM) 826446609[/snapback]rockwood wont win it. They came in fourth at the LV classic, losing to my Jackets. Sure, maybe they can hit. But everything else looked unimpressive

and for your info, rockwood came in 2nd and never played the yellow jackets

QUOTE(jadguitar06 @ Apr 27 2007 - 06:28 AM) 826446609[/snapback]rockwood wont win it. They came in fourth at the LV classic, losing to my Jackets. Sure, maybe they can hit. But everything else looked unimpressive

not sure what tourney you were at.. they finished second and only lost the championship by one or two runs.. im not saying they will win state, just saying you need to get you facts straight

QUOTE(-Catfish- @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826446272[/snapback]Don't know how you can say South-Doyle when DB has beaten em twice this year and is ranked right behind Oakland

You'll see what I mean Sat after round 3

Are you counting scrimmages? i do believe SD has only played DB once in the Sports Belle Tourney. Anyway yes we will see today. Go KEES!

QUOTE(bballfan66 @ Apr 26 2007 - 11:53 PM) 826446508[/snapback]I THINK BARTLETT IS 28-3. TEAMS THAT BEAT THEM ARE RIVERDALE AND A SOLID CULLMAN ALABAMA TEAM(2). TEAMS THAT THEY BEAT WERE LEXINGTON, KY (6TH IN NATION), FARRAGUT, NASHVILLE OVERTON AND EVERYONE ELSE IN WEST TN. NO PLAYERS HAVE SIGNED D1 SCHOLARSHIPS YET.... THEY ARE ALL JRS, BESIDES THE 3RD BASEMAN. COACH CLARK HAS PUT TOGETHER A TOUGH SCHEDULE FOR THIS YOUNG TEAM. THEY SHOULD HAVE NOT LOST TO RIVERDALE.....BUT THAT'S BASEBALL... CULLMAN, AL (22 IN NATION) "ARE FOR REAL", THEY JUST OUT PLAYED BARTLETT ALL AROUND. I THINK IF BARTLETT CAN GET TO THE STATE THEY WILL BE TOUGH TO HANDLE...BUT IF NOT... NEXT YEAR WILL BE SCARY FOR AAA TEAMS.

Thanks bballfan66. We get little coverage on teams outside our area in baseball Good luck. SD was junior laden last year and got put out by state champ Farragut who is in our district. 8 seniors and a freshman this year. Top 3 pitchers are as good as any I have seen. All but 1 seniors have signed and he has several options I understand. This is a special group since their freshman year. The thing that I hate most this season is that we did not get to see Cody Haun swing the bat. ( knee injury Arkansas signee) /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I wish you the best, unless you play our Kees. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ Apr 22 2007 - 01:12 PM) 826442823[/snapback]That was a kind comment I was making to a very good Morristown team and in no way was knocking that team. I commend the Morristown Little League leaders of the time for being smart enough to plan ahead and get the state tournament for a great team. But you were not even close to being a LOT better than that Lexington team. And our team was a true all-star team that was picked when the regular season was over, not a select team that was put together BEFORE the season started and played toghether all season and traveled. Our kids were in hotel rooms for 9 nights while yours got to sleep in their own beds and use their own umpires and it still took you to the final out to beat us. Don't tell me that it doesn't make a difference. Anybody with good sense knows it would, but look who I'm dealing with. And oh yeah, how did that unbeatable dominant Morristown team do in the Southeast regional or do we want to bring that up? And to the rest of the Morristown fans that were very good to us and very hospitable, I wouldn't let some punk get on here and represent you like this. Good luck to all the morristown kids except "utility(i don't even play)player00".

we have a comedian here with the whole don't play thing, wonder who you had to call to help you come up with that. yeah so they didn't do to hot in the southern regional tournament, but they did make it which is more then we can say for your team. hey if you want to place blame on your team not being able to sleep in there own beds go ahead everyone needs a scapegoat. and anyone around can tell you if the umpires are going to go against any team it will be the west side of morristown, always have always will even at home. and what are you talking about the team had been together and traveled? do you have any proof this happened, or are you just putting false facts out there to make you feel better about your team losing? and sir don't ever call me a punk it's not very respectable of you to do so, but i mean you did it when you got lucky and beat us so why should i expect any different. always putting someone down

QUOTE(Mi Kees @ Apr 28 2007 - 11:14 AM) 826447451[/snapback]Thanks bballfan66. We get little coverage on teams outside our area in baseball Good luck. SD was junior laden last year and got put out by state champ Farragut who is in our district. 8 seniors and a freshman this year. Top 3 pitchers are as good as any I have seen. All but 1 seniors have signed and he has several options I understand. This is a special group since their freshman year. The thing that I hate most this season is that we did not get to see Cody Haun swing the bat. ( knee injury Arkansas signee) /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I wish you the best, unless you play our Kees. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well, Science Hill and DB played the Cherokees today. Seems that the Toppers took the tops off the Cherokees and Indians gave them a chopping. The Cherokees lost both games with the score: Science Hill 3......South Doyle 2 / DB 3.......South Doyle 2. Both games was good close games. Got to give SD a hand because they are a tough bunch. To add to the SD "dream team", DB has its own "dream team" with 12 Seniors that have been playing together since the age of 8/9 yr. olds.

I do wish the Cherokees LOL in the conference and maybe see them again in the playoffs. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ Apr 28 2007 - 07:47 PM) 826447576[/snapback]Well, Science Hill and DB played the Cherokees today. Seems that the Toppers took the tops off the Cherokees and Indians gave them a chopping. The Cherokees lost both games with the score: Science Hill 3......South Doyle 2 / DB 3.......South Doyle 2. Both games was good close games. Got to give SD a hand because they are a tough bunch. To add to the SD "dream team", DB has its own "dream team" with 12 Seniors that have been playing together since the age of 8/9 yr. olds.

I do wish the Cherokees LOL in the conference and maybe see them again in the playoffs. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks for the scores scorecard. I was not able to attend today. As I have said before on this forum the East Tennessee region is tuFF. I believe any of us that can survive to the boro will be strong. If the Kees don't make it I hope one of the other great East Tennessee bring the hardware back to here for the 5th straight year.

QUOTE(utilityplayer00 @ Apr 28 2007 - 05:56 PM) 826447552[/snapback]we have a comedian here with the whole don't play thing, wonder who you had to call to help you come up with that. yeah so they didn't do to hot in the southern regional tournament, but they did make it which is more then we can say for your team. hey if you want to place blame on your team not being able to sleep in there own beds go ahead everyone needs a scapegoat. and anyone around can tell you if the umpires are going to go against any team it will be the west side of morristown, always have always will even at home. and what are you talking about the team had been together and traveled? do you have any proof this happened, or are you just putting false facts out there to make you feel better about your team losing? and sir don't ever call me a punk it's not very respectable of you to do so, but i mean you did it when you got lucky and beat us so why should i expect any different. always putting someone down

ask any kid on the team how long they played together that year. so it was luck when we beat you but all talent when you beat us. for the ones of us that were actually there and know ANYTHING about baseball it was three very tight, well played ballgames. i don't know where you come up with the yelling thing. the only time i recall anything getting dicey is when your fans came over to put the championship banner up behind our fans right before we came back and beat you. know tell me how classy that was. i hope the wild kid is still doing well and the rest of their players, they deserve it. as for the punk comment, if the shoe fits, you know the rest.