Rankings Week 7

mjuhb

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bramblehood @ Apr 22 2007 - 04:22 PM) 826442898[/snapback]why did CCS move ahead of Notre Dame?

I was kinda wondering that one too. Even as a CCS fan, ND did beat CCS head to head (1-0).

And for everyone, stop quoting the super long post. Please quote just the one thing you are addressing. Thank you.

ccs/notre dame switch that was just based on info that i got from shelbyville

has for south-doyle sure beat maryville 2 and half weeks ago but come on the last 2 weeks they have beaten heritage, halls, gibbs and jefferson co

i mean there is no real quality

2 things:

--how about the guy who copied a mile of rankings just to tell us CSAS's record

--as for the complaining about why some team passes another when they lost to them earlier: Look at the full body of work with the schedule rather than just the score of that game. Plus, if the game happened in a weekend tournament, take those scores with a grain of salt. Some coaches try to play backups more in some of the weekend games, especially if there was a tough game the day before.

QUOTE(awefulplayer2 @ Apr 23 2007 - 07:51 AM) 826443261[/snapback]As I look through the big games of the week i notice maryville plays bearden on tuesday. But I also notice that on friday you do not mention Bearden playing South-Doyle. I guess that is why South-Doyle complains about the lack of respect they get. because they never get any.

South Doyle seems to be doing very well, but I would imagine that their strength of schedule is what is causing the "lack of respect" as you say it. I know that they players want to play tougher teams, and it is out of their hands. I think the best thing they can do, is let their playing do the talking. It seems the more someone asks for respect, the less apt they are to get it. If they can step up to the plate, and beat Bearden (which is totally possible) they will get some of the respect they are desiring.

I personally think that it is a shame that you have more than 2 excellent teams in the same district. Come tournament time, there will be some great teams from this area that won't advance.

QUOTE(awefulplayer2 @ Apr 23 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826443261[/snapback]As I look through the big games of the week i notice maryville plays bearden on tuesday. But I also notice that on friday you do not mention Bearden playing South-Doyle. I guess that is why South-Doyle complains about the lack of respect they get. because they never get any.

Respect is earned not given.

I would probably rank South-Doyle somewhere in the top 25 based on their record alone; however, I understand why that view is not shared by all. I am not, by any means, trying to put down South-Doyle and the year it is having; however, it has been a long time since S-D was a regular Reg. 2, Dist. 4 contender and, for whatever reason, they have played a very weak schedule so far this season. Out of their 10 matches played to date, South-Doyle has played only three teams with winning records.

Their win over Maryville was very noteworthy but, by comparison, against common foes with winning records, they both lost to Farragut 2-0 and Maryville shut out Sevier Co. 4-0 as compared to a 3-2 win for SD.

South-Doyle may be the real thing and it probably deserves more attention; however, I do understand mjhub's response above. Now if they beat Bearden on Friday---well that ought to do it.

Good luck on Friday.