south pitt

chatttown29

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 9 2007 - 10:26 PM) 826456032[/snapback]I don't doubt that at all

Hey Zone.

Are you ready for some footbalLLLLLLL? GV scrimaged Goodpasture today. My My I is happy. Hows dem pirates? Wow these linemen really grew over the off season. I guess you can have a legit comment this year on line size. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(croz6110 @ May 10 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826456851[/snapback]Trousdale will be good but they lost their absolute best players who will be hard to replace.

Zone,

Who has SP scrimmaged and how'd they do?

Which player was that?

SP just started spring Wed. and they haven't scrimmaged yet

QUOTE(superwho? @ May 10 2007 - 10:12 PM) 826456923[/snapback]Hey Zone.

Are you ready for some footbalLLLLLLL? GV scrimaged Goodpasture today. My My I is happy. Hows dem pirates? Wow these linemen really grew over the off season. I guess you can have a legit comment this year on line size. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I saw where several comments were made regarding the scrimmage. Sounds like it went well for G'ville. I've been telling everyone that G'ville is the team to beat. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I just got to see Wed (the first day) and it was spirited. The kids were ready to hit. Our backs looked really crisp. Of course our 2 deep backfield is experenced so they should know what they are doing. The players have been hitting the weights in the offseason and looked stronger. They are off today and start again Monday.

Just what we all wanted to hear....your linemen are even bigger /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 11 2007 - 05:46 AM) 826457075[/snapback]Which player was that?

SP just started spring Wed. and they haven't scrimmaged yet

TC's best player was #11 Satterfield. Their best and strongest lineman was #73 Burnley(Who benched 400).

Both are gone along with some others.

QUOTE(croz6110 @ May 11 2007 - 07:15 AM) 826457100[/snapback]TC's best player was #11 Satterfield. Their best and strongest lineman was #73 Burnley(Who benched 400).

Both are gone along with some others.

I forgot about 11 being a senior. He was a player.

All but one of our experienced backs are benching 300+ (I believe one is at 345). Not bad considering all but one are under 200 lbs

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 11 2007 - 10:17 AM) 826457234[/snapback]I forgot about 11 being a senior. He was a player.

All but one of our experienced backs are benching 300+ (I believe one is at 345). Not bad considering all but one are under 200 lbs

I have noticed the strong guys are all cocky. I have always thought I would rather have a team full of all heart than a cocky team. Yeah GV won the weight lifting for the region again. I still picked the players with heart. I have seen the strong cocky boys fold under pressure many times. They get aggrivated they cant make it happen with strength. The guy with heart just keeps plugging. Winners come from within, heart. Strength builds courage, not heart. You need strength of the mind to go with body strength. The first to give up is the strong cocky guy when things go wrong. They go to fighting amoung themselves. Then fall apart. Ever notice that? Frustration defeats cocky players.

QUOTE(MO$$$$ @ May 11 2007 - 12:44 PM) 826457321[/snapback]I have noticed the strong guys are all cocky. I have always thought I would rather have a team full of all heart than a cocky team. Yeah GV won the weight lifting for the region again. I still picked the players with heart. I have seen the strong cocky boys fold under pressure many times. They get aggrivated they cant make it happen with strength. The guy with heart just keeps plugging. Winners come from within, heart. Strength builds courage, not heart. You need strength of the mind to go with body strength. The first to give up is the strong cocky guy when things go wrong. They go to fighting amoung themselves. Then fall apart. Ever notice that? Frustration defeats cocky players.

Your son looked pretty strong to me. ???? If you are saying that GV won the weight lifting contest so that means they are all strong and since they are all strong they are all cocky??? Then maybe I am picking the wrong team. You lost me there /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .

I disagree with your assessment. The guys with heart are the ones willing to do the extra work to become as strong as they can.

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 11 2007 - 01:28 PM) 826457344[/snapback]Your son looked pretty strong to me. ???? If you are saying that GV won the weight lifting contest so that means they are all strong and since they are all strong they are all cocky??? Then maybe I am picking the wrong team. You lost me there /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .

What I am saying is there is a few that are cocky and Coach is having to knock sence into them. Teach them brains with strength. No room for cocky on the field. There is a diffrence in cocky and confidence. I could go into a long story about last year. A couple of unteachables. Thats best left as the past. It did cause harm to the team at a couple of points. Was ironed out just in time for the playoffs. No team is perfect and GV was no acception. They did find unity in the end. Looks like its been found earlier this year. Comparing apples to apples last year to this one.

My point is the strength should be applied with knowledge. Sort of like the guy than can take a joke and the guy that cant. Not arguing among each other. Holding jealious grudges ect. Maturity is also a word that can be used. Then again a cocky guy is usually the bully and continues through life, if someone dont teach him better. As for my son he placed maybe 4th in the 260 group. What he does is with more heart and skill than strength. I have always been a firm beleiver that you can teach someone with heart to be a good player. Cocky is just hard to teach. The attitude is everything. Make sence now?