Hillsboro

macdaddy

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 27 2007 - 08:11 AM) 826446665[/snapback]Well if you and Coach Blade are such good friends I am sure he wouldn't appreciate you getting on here and talking about him and his staff.

I think you misunderstood me, Scott Davis--JTM assistant football coach. Also I have not said anything on here that I would not say to Coach Blade. I have stated opinions and some of them have been good and some of them are things that he and I both have to work on. Both of us lost in championship games. I think that we would both do some things differently. For me I know that I would change a couple of things and I will use those mistakes to better myself. You make it sound as if I am trashing the man and I simply am not doing any such thing nor would I. Anyone who knows more then just my name knows that I am not that kind of person. Maybe since you know me you should email me so I can apologize for offending you, or you can just know that I am sorry if I have offended you in anyway, not my intent. As I have said so..many times, lets just agree to disagree on issues and leave it at that. Getting back to the original topic: Why do you think HHS has done well and in your opinion who is the better coach ---Blade or Coach A? Who had the better staff?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(12NCS @ Apr 27 2007 - 08:11 AM) 826446664[/snapback]Metro coaches should appreciate and promote the accomplishments made by Blade, Brunetti and Woodard in their first year as HC. Blade runner up in State, Brunetti making it to State Semis (losing to tough Fulton) and Woodard changing Antioch into a real contender. Heck, HL and Mapelwood had great seasons and their staffs did a great job last year as well.

Finally we agree on something. All three coaches I think exceeded first year expectations by far. Blade did a heck of a job in his first season. He seems to know football and from what I hear he is a players coach. Brunetti did very well too. It will be interesting to see how they do this spring in their scrimmage against AHS. Woodard is the one I know the most about. He did well in his first year and to me the best thing that he did was to change the kids attitudes and level of respect. All three should be commended. HuntersLane made a great run at the end. I dont think there was much difference between them and any of the other top midstate teams, even Ravenwood or Smyrna. Maplewood did quite well. I look for them to be a force again next season. Should be a great spring and an interesting fall i metro.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Apr 27 2007 - 08:22 AM) 826446673[/snapback]I think you misunderstood me, Scott Davis--JTM assistant football coach. Also I have not said anything on here that I would not say to Coach Blade. I have stated opinions and some of them have been good and some of them are things that he and I both have to work on. Both of us lost in championship games. I think that we would both do some things differently. For me I know that I would change a couple of things and I will use those mistakes to better myself. You make it sound as if I am trashing the man and I simply am not doing any such thing nor would I. Anyone who knows more then just my name knows that I am not that kind of person. Maybe since you know me you should email me so I can apologize for offending you, or you can just know that I am sorry if I have offended you in anyway, not my intent. As I have said so..many times, lets just agree to disagree on issues and leave it at that. Getting back to the original topic: Why do you think HHS has done well and in your opinion who is the better coach ---Blade or Coach A? Who had the better staff?

Two completly different people with two completely different coaching styles. Very hard to compare at this point. The comparison needs more time to see how both do in their new enviroments. Blade will be strong for years to come, the freshmen coming in are a special group.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 27 2007 - 09:15 AM) 826446716[/snapback]Two completly different people with two completely different coaching styles. Very hard to compare at this point. The comparison needs more time to see how both do in their new enviroments. Blade will be strong for years to come, the freshmen coming in are a special group.

I know its probably hard to say but do you think that Blade is in it for the long haul or is this just a stepping stone to bigger things for him? I know he has family here or something so I would think that he would stay close. I agree that the freshman coming in are good plus you have some others coming in from open enrollment, four that I know of. All four that HHS are getting from my area are very talented. Three of them were probably our top three players and the other made his way into the starting line up for about the last four games. He plays smart and will do well. Plus if I am not mistaken you may be getting his dad too. His dad is a great man who I have a lot of respect for. If it all works out I think you will be getting a great, supportive parent and coach.

Blade is a bright young coach and like anyone if he gets the right situation I am sure he would consider it. I don't know much about the open enrollment other than it allows kids to come to Hillsboro if they qualify. I know Blade has high expectations of his players and expects them to grow as young men as well as athletes. A direct reflection of this is that some young men are unable to meet his grade expectations and have been told they will sit in a study hall enviroment instead of the practice field. He wants them to be held accountable in the classroom and the athletic field. If they can't meet his requirments they will not be Burro football player.

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Apr 27 2007 - 09:36 AM) 826446735[/snapback]Blade is a bright young coach and like anyone if he gets the right situation I am sure he would consider it. I don't know much about the open enrollment other than it allows kids to come to Hillsboro if they qualify. I know Blade has high expectations of his players and expects them to grow as young men as well as athletes. A direct reflection of this is that some young men are unable to meet his grade expectations and have been told they will sit in a study hall enviroment instead of the practice field. He wants them to be held accountable in the classroom and the athletic field. If they can't meet his requirments they will not be Burro football player.

YEAH RIGHT!!!! I'VE HEARD THAT #5 IS A YOUNG VERSION OF PAC MAN JONES W/ PROBABLY JUST AS MUCH ATHLETIC ABILITY AND A WHOLE LOT LESS MONEY! WE WILL SEE HOW MUCH OF THE "STUDY HALL ENVIRONMENT" HE WILL SEE THIS YEAR.

QUOTE(oct15 @ Apr 27 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826446749[/snapback]YEAH RIGHT!!!! I'VE HEARD THAT #5 IS A YOUNG VERSION OF PAC MAN JONES W/ PROBABLY JUST AS MUCH ATHLETIC ABILITY AND A WHOLE LOT LESS MONEY! WE WILL SEE HOW MUCH OF THE "STUDY HALL ENVIRONMENT" HE WILL SEE THIS YEAR.

#5 has done well in the classroom this semester not that it is any of your business. I'm sure Maplewood has an entire team of honor students like Holt. Holt = excellent student and great player but he is gone. Why rip on #5 ? He is a good kid and will be the pre-season player of the year (mark it down) He will be the favorite for Mr. Football as well from the mid-state.

QUOTE(oct15 @ Apr 27 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826446749[/snapback]YEAH RIGHT!!!! I'VE HEARD THAT #5 IS A YOUNG VERSION OF PAC MAN JONES W/ PROBABLY JUST AS MUCH ATHLETIC ABILITY AND A WHOLE LOT LESS MONEY! WE WILL SEE HOW MUCH OF THE "STUDY HALL ENVIRONMENT" HE WILL SEE THIS YEAR.

Man now your jumping on the lets hate Hillsboro train. All I know is that #5 is a stud athlete and everyone else wishes they had him.

QUOTE(12NCS @ Apr 27 2007 - 08:11 AM) 826446664[/snapback]Metro coaches should appreciate and promote the accomplishments made by Blade, Brunetti and Woodard in their first year as HC. Blade runner up in State, Brunetti making it to State Semis (losing to tough Fulton) and Woodard changing Antioch into a real contender. Heck, HL and Mapelwood had great seasons and their staffs did a great job last year as well.

EXACTLY!!!!

Metro/Nashville Coaches never seem to get the respect that they deserve on here. People will ALWAYS use the excuse that they are all blessed with great athletes and this is true but also these guys are coaches who impact the lives of their football players both on and off of the field. There are many kids playing at schools like Hillsboro, Pearl, HL, Antioch, Maplewood, Creek, etc. who simply MUST HAVE FOOTBALL BE A HUGE PART OF THEIR LIVES!!!!! Otherwise who knows what some of these talented young men would find themselves getting into.

I tip my hat to the guys of the past like Maurice Fitzgerald, Richard Coure, Ron Aydelott, & Jerry Pigue for not only the great accomplishments that they all acheived on the sidelines on Friday nights but also for the great things that they did turning what most would consider to be "troubled young boys" into GREAT MEN!!! I hope that guys like Scott Blade, Tony Brunetti, Richard Campbell, Mike Woodard, Ralph Thompson, & Anthony Law (AS WELL AS ALL OF THE OTHERS) continue this trend.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Apr 27 2007 - 01:11 PM) 826446996[/snapback]EXACTLY!!!!

Metro/Nashville Coaches never seem to get the respect that they deserve on here. People will ALWAYS use the excuse that they are all blessed with great athletes and this is true but also these guys are coaches who impact the lives of their football players both on and off of the field. There are many kids playing at schools like Hillsboro, Pearl, HL, Antioch, Maplewood, Creek, etc. who simply MUST HAVE FOOTBALL BE A HUGE PART OF THEIR LIVES!!!!! Otherwise who knows what some of these talented young men would find themselves getting into.

I tip my hat to the guys of the past like Maurice Fitzgerald, Richard Coure, Ron Aydelott, & Jerry Pigue for not only the great accomplishments that they all acheived on the sidelines on Friday nights but also for the great things that they did turning what most would consider to be "troubled young boys" into GREAT MEN!!! I hope that guys like Scott Blade, Tony Brunetti, Richard Campbell, Mike Woodard, Ralph Thompson, & Anthony Law (AS WELL AS ALL OF THE OTHERS) continue this trend.

Big Country.

Outstanding!!

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Big Country @ Apr 27 2007 - 02:11 PM) 826446996[/snapback]EXACTLY!!!!

Very well said BC.