AAA State Champions - 2007

Dirty Chuck

QUOTE(Mi Kees @ Apr 30 2007 - 09:15 PM) 826448712[/snapback]After seeing several of your posts lately you must think if you say Oakland and Bartlett enough times it will just be that way. Let's see if this works South Doyle South Doyle South Doyle South Doyle South Doyle CHEROKEEEEEEEEEs South Doyle South Doyle South Doyle SOUTHDOYLESOUTHDOYLESOUTHDOYLESOUTHDOYLE--- I'm still probably about 100X short but I don't think this will work anyway /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Oh and did I say GO SOUTH DOYLE EAST TENNESSEE rulZ in AAA baseball.

Several of my posts lol. I never post on here about Bartlett or Oakland in baseball, I just made a statement. Does not matter any way because sounds like all the trash SD talks they probably wont even get out of the East. You should make the trip to the boro to watch the states, it is alot of fun. Im just sorry that your team wont be there as well. Also for the poster who said I was being very cocky. Im not the one who started a thread about being the state champ. Why would SD be ranked higher when Oakland is #4 in the country. SD find another sport to dream about being the state champ in, Oakland and Bartlett have AAA baseball covered.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me everyone is forgetting....it is tournament time and anything/everything can happen. Even the winning teams lose to a team that could not have won a game all year. It does not matter who is polled/ranked higher than anyone else........it is the team that is ahead that wins. Whether it be Oakland, Barlett, South Doyle or a team that everyone expects to choke in the playoffs....the team that finishes ahead make it all the way. I like seeing the rivalry between the schools/players/fans. So good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ May 1 2007 - 08:30 AM) 826448944[/snapback]Several of my posts lol. I never post on here about Bartlett or Oakland in baseball, I just made a statement. Does not matter any way because sounds like all the trash SD talks they probably wont even get out of the East. You should make the trip to the boro to watch the states, it is alot of fun. Im just sorry that your team wont be there as well. Also for the poster who said I was being very cocky. Im not the one who started a thread about being the state champ. Why would SD be ranked higher when Oakland is #4 in the country. SD find another sport to dream about being the state champ in, Oakland and Bartlett have AAA baseball covered.

Thanks for the vote of confidence trey. Its been a treat to watch this team and I hope they can go far. Regardless, its been a pleasure watching these guys, who have made Oakland once again near the top of baseball in AAA

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 2 2007 - 06:08 PM) 826450278[/snapback]Is it me or is it almost starting to sound like basketball season. All this stuff coming from Oakland yet in the end nothing to show for it.

Well when you do well in the regular season, the general rule of thumb is that you will get some praise. Oakland has played well, but they wont walk thru the postseason like some think. And whenever did someone from Oakland proclaim that we were going to win state in bball, most just stated they had a good chance. BTW, those guys did come away with something: a 31-4 record, unbeaten regular season district championship(2nd straight regular season district title) a region title, and to make it all the way to the state semifinals and having the satisfaction of knowing they left it all on the floor. I had no intention of going off topic, but when ya make potshots at a school or program, you got to expect that

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ May 2 2007 - 07:29 PM) 826450284[/snapback]Well when you do well in the regular season, the general rule of thumb is that you will get some praise. Oakland has played well, but they wont walk thru the postseason like some think. And whenever did someone from Oakland proclaim that we were going to win state in bball, most just stated they had a good chance. BTW, those guys did come away with something: a 31-4 record, unbeaten regular season district championship(2nd straight regular season district title) a region title, and to make it all the way to the state semifinals and having the satisfaction of knowing they left it all on the floor. I had no intention of going off topic, but when ya make potshots at a school or program, you got to expect that

I understand that Oakland was pretty good and all. It's just that all his talk about Oakland made me think of basketball, because that is all I remember seeing. Oakland this, Oakland that, and stuff like that. I wasn't meaning to make a "potshot" at the school or program. I was just telling everyone what this was making me think of. Oakland is a good team this year. One of the 4 games I have been to for Farragut was when they played Oakland in the SportsBelle. I wasn't too disappointed with the outcome because once I saw who was gonna be pitching for Farragut I figured there was no way. I will still stand with my prediction that few know about and I'm not gonna repeat it. If it happens I'll let you know. So once again. I was really trying to take shots at the school or program. But you can think whatever you want. I don't really care.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 2 2007 - 06:45 PM) 826450297[/snapback]I understand that Oakland was pretty good and all. It's just that all his talk about Oakland made me think of basketball, because that is all I remember seeing. Oakland this, Oakland that, and stuff like that. I wasn't meaning to make a "potshot" at the school or program. I was just telling everyone what this was making me think of. Oakland is a good team this year. One of the 4 games I have been to for Farragut was when they played Oakland in the SportsBelle. I wasn't too disappointed with the outcome because once I saw who was gonna be pitching for Farragut I figured there was no way. I will still stand with my prediction that few know about and I'm not gonna repeat it. If it happens I'll let you know. So once again. I was really trying to take shots at the school or program. But you can think whatever you want. I don't really care.

Regardless, when you go 36-1 and are nationally ranked, of course your going to get alot of hype.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ May 1 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826448944[/snapback]Several of my posts lol. I never post on here about Bartlett or Oakland in baseball, I just made a statement. Does not matter any way because sounds like all the trash SD talks they probably wont even get out of the East. You should make the trip to the boro to watch the states, it is alot of fun. Im just sorry that your team wont be there as well. Also for the poster who said I was being very cocky. Im not the one who started a thread about being the state champ. Why would SD be ranked higher when Oakland is #4 in the country. SD find another sport to dream about being the state champ in, Oakland and Bartlett have AAA baseball covered.

HeyTreyvols99. I apologize for saying you have several posts on this subject. I was on the wrong thread (see State Champs? thread). It just seems there is a lot of talk about teams in Middle and West Tennessee and it seems to be very uninformed (read bias). I have even seen some guy from Middle Tennessee say he had never heard of South Doyle and they could not have pitchers anywhere near as good as his XXX Middle Tennessee team. I watch and read several of these threads because I like baseball and I want to know who everyone is talking about so that I can go watch 2 good teams and know some of their players. East Tennessee has produced the state champs the last several years and it is tough to get out of the East. Maybe thats why Farragut has dominated ( ever heard of Em). My alma Mater is South Doyle and I attend as many games as possible. Bell- Holland- Brentz are 3 very good pitchers. Zurcher is one of the best highschool ss I have seen. Bartlett probably remembers them from last year. Oakland is very good also, and should be the favorite to win, but the games have to be played. Yes there are 1 or 2 TRASH talking( see Thread starter) SD fans on here, but I do not want to be one of them. I hope these guys are in the Boro and I will try to be their also to cheer for these guys.

QUOTE(Mi Kees @ May 2 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826450493[/snapback]HeyTreyvols99. I apologize for saying you have several posts on this subject. I was on the wrong thread (see State Champs? thread). It just seems there is a lot of talk about teams in Middle and West Tennessee and it seems to be very uninformed (read bias). I have even seen some guy from Middle Tennessee say he had never heard of South Doyle and they could not have pitchers anywhere near as good as his XXX Middle Tennessee team. I watch and read several of these threads because I like baseball and I want to know who everyone is talking about so that I can go watch 2 good teams and know some of their players. East Tennessee has produced the state champs the last several years and it is tough to get out of the East. Maybe thats why Farragut has dominated ( ever heard of Em). My alma Mater is South Doyle and I attend as many games as possible. Bell- Holland- Brentz are 3 very good pitchers. Zurcher is one of the best highschool ss I have seen. Bartlett probably remembers them from last year. Oakland is very good also, and should be the favorite to win, but the games have to be played. Yes there are 1 or 2 TRASH talking( see Thread starter) SD fans on here, but I do not want to be one of them. I hope these guys are in the Boro and I will try to be their also to cheer for these guys.

Were cool man. Nothing wrong with what you stated. There is also nothing wrong with supporting your alma mater. Good luck to SD and all other teams as they begin the most important time of the year. " Tourney Time"...

Well, it sounds like some people think they have it in the bag! South Doyle, Barlett, Oakland and maybe Farragut are all GOOD teams, but there is a NEW DOG in the house that plans on upsetting everyone. This NEW DOG has a few tricks that no one has seen and is coming from the East. So, fellas don't count those chickens that you're HATCHIN' , cause you could end up getting CHOPPED. LOL in the playoffs!