The New Knox Area Rankings

easttnref

QUOTE(The King of the Burbs @ Apr 29 2007 - 11:17 AM) 826447823[/snapback]Kingston was up 3-0 at half, Karns came back to tie it 3-3 then Kingston got the last one. Not sure what minute it was in or anything

I'm in DC and missed the game. I, too, was surprised but I celebrated. I got several calls telling me about it and I boil it down to something like: In the first half, Karns controlled the ball and Kingston scored the goals. There were some Senior night activities at the half, Kingston came out less focussed, and Coach McClean "made some adjustments" for Karns. The Karns attack took advantage of a tired Kingston defense and tied the game. The deciding goal was a pk but there was no question about it being a penalty kick. (at least according to the Kingston folks ;>)

It had to be interesting for Coach McClean see from the other side what it's like to try to contain Thomas Scarborough. Mike has done so much to develop Thomas's game on the U19 Impact and then gets two goals scored against him by Thomas as a thankyou.

QUOTE(stevescarb @ Apr 29 2007 - 12:06 PM) 826447838[/snapback]I'm in DC and missed the game. I, too, was surprised but I celebrated. I got several calls telling me about it and I boil it down to something like: In the first half, Karns controlled the ball and Kingston scored the goals. There were some Senior night activities at the half, Kingston came out less focussed, and Coach McClean "made some adjustments" for Karns. The Karns attack took advantage of a tired Kingston defense and tied the game. The deciding goal was a pk but there was no question about it being a penalty kick. (at least according to the Kingston folks ;>)

It had to be interesting for Coach McClean see from the other side what it's like to try to contain Thomas Scarborough. Mike has done so much to develop Thomas's game on the U19 Impact and then gets two goals scored against him by Thomas as a thankyou.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I completely forgot Thomas was on that team. That must of been a crazy game

QUOTE(stevescarb @ Apr 29 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826447838[/snapback]I'm in DC and missed the game. I, too, was surprised but I celebrated. I got several calls telling me about it and I boil it down to something like: In the first half, Karns controlled the ball and Kingston scored the goals. There were some Senior night activities at the half, Kingston came out less focussed, and Coach McClean "made some adjustments" for Karns. The Karns attack took advantage of a tired Kingston defense and tied the game. The deciding goal was a pk but there was no question about it being a penalty kick. (at least according to the Kingston folks ;>)

Good to see that Thomas is doing well... I know his knee was acting up a few weeks ago. He is a dynamic player! Good luck vs. C.C. this week. Great win, Kingston!