BARTLETT'S PITCHING

trojan7000

QUOTE(Wtnbaseball07 @ Apr 30 2007 - 01:21 PM) 826448421[/snapback]My sources agree with you Trojan, (Hatfield) has been struggling since their trip to Alabama, (Davis) having a good year so far, Grisham, Wright & Atkinson have had their share of problems, Carnett has been great this year, where's he been hiding him at??? & Joyner has slammed the door all season as THE CLOSER.

Now as to the bats, don't be fooled by the news paper. The home run count may be going up, but the size of their head is also. Maybe, just maybe some good solid hits would be better for the teams sake. Feathers, Dangar, Burrow & Murk hit and hit hard for base hits and RBI's. The swings for the fence & an occasional home run don't seem to be worth all the strike outs & pop fly's and a notible in the paper.

Phil has Bartlett's chance again this year for a State Title, he'd better get them thinking T E A M work.

Bartletts 1st Title

Phil's 2nd

Sure would be nice to see West TN with that!!!

Wtnbaseball07, You hit the nail right on the head, I think your reply could not say it any better.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wtnbaseball07 @ Apr 30 2007 - 12:21 PM) 826448421[/snapback]My sources agree with you Trojan, (Hatfield) has been struggling since their trip to Alabama, (Davis) having a good year so far, Grisham, Wright & Atkinson have had their share of problems, Carnett has been great this year, where's he been hiding him at??? & Joyner has slammed the door all season as THE CLOSER.

Now as to the bats, don't be fooled by the news paper. The home run count may be going up, but the size of their head is also. Maybe, just maybe some good solid hits would be better for the teams sake. Feathers, Dangar, Burrow & Murk hit and hit hard for base hits and RBI's. The swings for the fence & an occasional home run don't seem to be worth all the strike outs & pop fly's and a notible in the paper.

Phil has Bartlett's chance again this year for a State Title, he'd better get them thinking T E A M work.

Bartletts 1st Title

Phil's 2nd

Sure would be nice to see West TN with that!!!

Wow Do you feel better? You didn't hold anything in. I noticed this is your first post. Did you sign up just to Bash a couple of Bartlett batters. It's ok they are big boys and can handle your contructive critism.

QUOTE(PROUDTOBEAPANTHER @ Apr 30 2007 - 02:12 PM) 826448453[/snapback]Wow Do you feel better? You didn't hold anything in. I noticed this is your first post. Did you sign up just to Bash a couple of Bartlett batters. It's ok they are big boys and can handle your contructive critism.

There was no bashing in that post, at least in my opinion. There wasn't a lot of praise which I suppose if you have a huge bias for Bartlett you might mistake the lack of praise as bashing. I have been noticing in the paper the scores of the Bartlett games have not been reflecting the level of talent on the team. I agree with trojan, and wtnbaseball that some adjustments need to be made but its nothing that can be fixed quickly. This is a good Bartlett team that has a great chance at bringing home a championship but if you ignore a problem when something needs to be done you just let the problem get worse. The coaching staff knows what needs to be done and I have no doubt changes will be made.

QUOTE(hsbaseballfan03 @ Apr 30 2007 - 01:20 PM) 826448461[/snapback]There was no bashing in that post, at least in my opinion. There wasn't a lot of praise which I suppose if you have a huge bias for Bartlett you might mistake the lack of praise as bashing. I have been noticing in the paper the scores of the Bartlett games have not been reflecting the level of talent on the team. I agree with trojan, and wtnbaseball that some adjustments need to be made but its nothing that can be fixed quickly. This is a good Bartlett team that has a great chance at bringing home a championship but if you ignore a problem when something needs to be done you just let the problem get worse. The coaching staff knows what needs to be done and I have no doubt changes will be made.

Did you see where I said I was sorry? I agree I don't see the big picture sometimes and now having time to reflect I pretty much have to agree that something needs to be fixed. Again, Wtnbaseball I'm sorry I jumped the gun

QUOTE(PROUDTOBEAPANTHER @ Apr 30 2007 - 02:17 PM) 826448460[/snapback]Guess I over reacted to whbaseballs post. Sorry everyone I just take it personal when it comes to these guys. GO PANTHERS

I am just saying that I know this team has talent & it's spread all over the field. I know Phil knows this too, he's just got to get a handle on it and play straight up baseball. Fundamentals, fundamentals, fundamentals.

Phil is a good coach & has a good staff, if anyone can get a group like this thinking baseball and I mean good sound baseball it's this coaching staff.

Sometimes it just takes an outsider looking in to get the attention of those in charge.

I hope the Panthers can go all the way, especially after coming so close last year.

QUOTE(Wtnbaseball07 @ Apr 30 2007 - 03:40 PM) 826448512[/snapback]I am just saying that I know this team has talent & it's spread all over the field. I know Phil knows this too, he's just got to get a handle on it and play straight up baseball. Fundamentals, fundamentals, fundamentals.

Phil is a good coach & has a good staff, if anyone can get a group like this thinking baseball and I mean good sound baseball it's this coaching staff.

Sometimes it just takes an outsider looking in to get the attention of those in charge.

I hope the Panthers can go all the way, especially after coming so close last year.

You are right, their is a lot of talent on this team, it sometimes takes a outsider to see these things, some of the parents of the players see these things through rose glasses and see only what they want. And everbody knows their are ones that get the special treatment and can never do no wrong. But that is just about on ever team out their.

QUOTE(trojan7000 @ Apr 30 2007 - 01:48 PM) 826448437[/snapback]Wtnbaseball07, You hit the nail right on the head, I think your reply could not say it any better.

sounds to me like some of you guys don't know as much about bartlett baseball as you think. the two kids that have been hitting all the homeruns also have the highest batting averages from what i hear so some of you might want to check some stats. from what i hear some parents and other players are making a bigger deal about the homeruns than the two players are. as far as beating teams by more runs just because you have better talent what a stupid statement. i guess if on paper you have more talent on your team than the team you are supposed to play they should just declare you the winner without playing the game. have you two guys or gals ever played sports or do you have kids that don't get enough playing time and just want to stir the pot, whatever the case may be grow up your talking about 16-17-18 yr old kids not professional athletes. bartlett has alot of good kids on their team that play well together and get along so keep your negative comments to yourself and leave the kids names out because they do read this stuff and don't need any added pressure from a couple of wanna be's and never was like you two clowns

QUOTE(leftylegend @ Apr 30 2007 - 11:50 PM) 826448859[/snapback]sounds to me like some of you guys don't know as much about bartlett baseball as you think. the two kids that have been hitting all the homeruns also have the highest batting averages from what i hear so some of you might want to check some stats. from what i hear some parents and other players are making a bigger deal about the homeruns than the two players are. as far as beating teams by more runs just because you have better talent what a stupid statement. i guess if on paper you have more talent on your team than the team you are supposed to play they should just declare you the winner without playing the game. have you two guys or gals ever played sports or do you have kids that don't get enough playing time and just want to stir the pot, whatever the case may be grow up your talking about 16-17-18 yr old kids not professional athletes. bartlett has alot of good kids on their team that play well together and get along so keep your negative comments to yourself and leave the kids names out because they do read this stuff and don't need any added pressure from a couple of wanna be's and never was like you two clowns

Now someone has finally gotten it. the two are leading the team in average, doubles, rbis, and both have more walks than strikeouts, but yeah them hitting homeruns is hurting the team. as far as the two talking about hr's i wouldnt really put too much weight on it bc in the time i have been around them during this year (which is substantial) neither have said anything about it. i think heith is a little more worried about his pitching than how many hr's he hits. by the way jacob is hitting .480 with 13 2b's 12 hr's 59 rbi's 25 bb's 1 hbp and 24k's. so dont worry about what he is doing hitting, he is just a good hitter so lets not act like he is doing something wrong out there.

QUOTE(bhsbaseball @ May 1 2007 - 12:51 AM) 826448872[/snapback]Now someone has finally gotten it. the two are leading the team in average, doubles, rbis, and both have more walks than strikeouts, but yeah them hitting homeruns is hurting the team. as far as the two talking about hr's i wouldnt really put too much weight on it bc in the time i have been around them during this year (which is substantial) neither have said anything about it. i think heith is a little more worried about his pitching than how many hr's he hits. by the way jacob is hitting .480 with 13 2b's 12 hr's 59 rbi's 25 bb's 1 hbp and 24k's. so dont worry about what he is doing hitting, he is just a good hitter so lets not act like he is doing something wrong out there.

Anybody with this kinda stats at his finger tips must be keeping the book or a book ?????

Not trying to stir any pot. As far as stats go, can you imagine how high they would be if the batters just went to the plate and tried to get a good solid hit right up the middle, down the first base line or where ever Phil has taught them to hit the ball when called on, play smart baseball & quit going to the plate with a ME attitude and TRYING to swing for the fence every at bat.

IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT ?????

Calling kids by name, I've said nothing to add any pressure to anyone or hurt any feelings. If so get em off your shoulder.

Let's get over this one and post new stuff !!!

QUOTE(leftylegend @ Apr 30 2007 - 10:50 PM) 826448859[/snapback]sounds to me like some of you guys don't know as much about bartlett baseball as you think. the two kids that have been hitting all the homeruns also have the highest batting averages from what i hear so some of you might want to check some stats. from what i hear some parents and other players are making a bigger deal about the homeruns than the two players are. as far as beating teams by more runs just because you have better talent what a stupid statement. i guess if on paper you have more talent on your team than the team you are supposed to play they should just declare you the winner without playing the game. have you two guys or gals ever played sports or do you have kids that don't get enough playing time and just want to stir the pot, whatever the case may be grow up your talking about 16-17-18 yr old kids not professional athletes. bartlett has alot of good kids on their team that play well together and get along so keep your negative comments to yourself and leave the kids names out because they do read this stuff and don't need any added pressure from a couple of wanna be's and never was like you two clowns

Mr. Lefty if you are refering to me in anything you said above I have just this to say back to you. This is a opinion and discussion board and thats just what I post is my opinion although it may not be worth anything I am still entitled to say what I think. I pretty much think that the boys, each and everyone of them already know how the they are doing as a team and as a individual. Unlike some I am not lurking around this thread as a unknown I have made it clear in my post just exactly who I am and who my ball player is. Im not the wanna be you might suggest! I am the first to praise ALL of the kids on the team win or lose. I am the parent who cheers for every kid out there. Many, I do say many of the parents and grandparents only cheer for their player.

Now .... to all my other postee friends you bunch of baseball wanna be's hahaha keep posting and have fun Lets move on and help cheer the boys to their next WIN.