Who has signed to colleges from 8AAA

Legends

QUOTE(Legends @ May 2 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826450458[/snapback]District 8AAA has some really strong players. Who has signed and what college? Who are being looked at?

Lincoln County has four . . . Cody Gaskill was an early signee with Calhoun and yesterday morning Shamichael Black, Brandon Netherland, and William Merrit signed with Motlow.

QUOTE(wingman10 @ May 3 2007 - 06:50 AM) 826450612[/snapback]motlow needs help

I am anxious to hear the replies on this topic. I am hearing that Motlow's coach has really been working 8AAA, trying to keep the good local players here. He has been to several of Lincoln County's games and I have been able to speak to him some. Seems like a good guy who is wanting to build Motlow back up. I have heard of several 8AAA players that he is targeting and if he can get a good percentage of them, Motlow could get back headed in the right direction.

QUOTE(baseball @ May 3 2007 - 07:18 AM) 826450624[/snapback]Matt Hartsfield and Holden Killen of Lawrence County have signed with Columbia ST

I know Matt is your centerfielder, what position does Holden play? Just trying to put faces with the names. On Lincoln County's bunch, Gaskill SS, Black 2B, Netherland CF, and Merrit RF.

QUOTE(Warhawk1 @ May 3 2007 - 07:00 AM) 826450616[/snapback]I am anxious to hear the replies on this topic. I am hearing that Motlow's coach has really been working 8AAA, trying to keep the good local players here. He has been to several of Lincoln County's games and I have been able to speak to him some. Seems like a good guy who is wanting to build Motlow back up. I have heard of several 8AAA players that he is targeting and if he can get a good percentage of them, Motlow could get back headed in the right direction.

I heard that Motlow had a new coach, Who is he? I heard also, that he would be at the District Tournament looking for players.

QUOTE(Legends @ May 3 2007 - 08:35 AM) 826450692[/snapback]I heard that Motlow had a new coach, Who is he? I heard also, that he would be at the District Tournament looking for players.

The coach's name is Dan McShea. He is from Mississippi. Pitched @ Ole Miss. Was hired approx. 5 days before school started last fall. He was behind the 8 ball from the get go this year. Only 3 starters from the previous season and the Motlow administration had granted releases to several players Rhoton had signed over the summer before he "retired" (that's another story). As far as working the district tournament, the TJCCAA conference tournament is in Columbia at the same time so it would depend on their run in the tourny as to how much of the district they see. I've been around 8AAA and the TJCCAA for several years. Trust me, all the TJCCAA coaches keep an eye on 8AAA. The coaches of this district do a great job preparing players for the next level.

QUOTE(Warhawk1 @ May 3 2007 - 08:05 AM) 826450663[/snapback]I know Matt is your centerfielder, what position does Holden play? Just trying to put faces with the names. On Lincoln County's bunch, Gaskill SS, Black 2B, Netherland CF, and Merrit RF.

Holden Killen is the catcher for the Wildcats

QUOTE(frozenroper @ May 3 2007 - 09:23 AM) 826450736[/snapback]The coach's name is Dan McShea. He is from Mississippi. Pitched @ Ole Miss. Was hired approx. 5 days before school started last fall. He was behind the 8 ball from the get go this year. Only 3 starters from the previous season and the Motlow administration had granted releases to several players Rhoton had signed over the summer before he "retired" (that's another story). As far as working the district tournament, the TJCCAA conference tournament is in Columbia at the same time so it would depend on their run in the tourny as to how much of the district they see. I've been around 8AAA and the TJCCAA for several years. Trust me, all the TJCCAA coaches keep an eye on 8AAA. The coaches of this district do a great job preparing players for the next level.

No doubt they do, I know of several players that would be interested in playing at Motlow if given the chance. It seems that Motlow has had some problems with keeping some players from district 8AAA don't really know why except maybe they want to weed them out. This sure isn't HS baseball anymore and the coaches don't put up with alot of stuff that HS coaches do. There is always someone wanting to take the place of another player. I hop to see Motlow get a new start.