Hillsboro vs. Hoover scrimmage!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No personel we have looked really good this spring and in 7 on 7.

I heard hillsboro almost lost to CPA in the last seconds of the 7 on 7 and only won because CPA mishandled the ball on the last play which would have been the score that kicked yall out. I dont think you really realize how good those teams are gunna be down there and you wont just lose to Hoover but will lose a few games. I mean if you lose to Maryville 35-10 in the finals or w/e it was and then think you can compete with a nationally ranked team like hoover then i think you are alittle more than crazy. Im pretty sure at one point last year maryville was ranked nationally also. Im not raggin on Hillsboro they have had a good thing goin for the past few years but it hasnt been as consistent in the playoffs like Hoover and the other teams have.

Don't know were you got your info but no one with the exception of franklin was within three scores of us at the western Ky 7 on 7. We want to be the best so you have to compete against the best and don't dwell on last season.

that was the vandy 7 on 7 not western ky and all im saying is maryville has been a powerhouse for a longgg time and how many times has hillsboro beaten them? well see what the scores are when yall get back from alabama ill talk to u then

that was the vandy 7 on 7 not western ky and all im saying is maryville has been a powerhouse for a longgg time and how many times has hillsboro beaten them? well see what the scores are when yall get back from alabama ill talk to u then

Hoover lost the State Championship Game like Hillsboro did. 7on7 Tournaments are usually long days and require many players get reps in order to have some fresh players for the championship tourny run late in the afternoon or evening. The teams that expect to get there will play as many players as possible to make the run and have energy when it is needed. CPA has a tremendous coaching staff and solid players and I will give them all the credit in the world for their competetiveness. I believe the Burros coaching staff knows that losses will come when they play in Hoover. They have lost at Vandy and W. Kentucky and turned around and finished 1st overall. They will lose some and win some @ Hoover but I guarantee they will leave Hoover with a more experienced and better ball club. Only a few teams were allowed entry into this Tounament without having to go to a play-in tournament and Hillsboro was one of the elite teams invited in based on last years successes and reputation.