Hillsboro vs. Hoover scrimmage!

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(12NCS @ May 8 2007 - 10:50 AM) 826454351[/snapback]Should Hillsboro lose 20% of their contests? The Burros had 0 Divsion IA signees this past year. Whites Creek had 1. Many would say that the Creek, Stratford, Antioch and Maplewood have better athletes than Hillsboro. Overton and Hillwood have about the same # of athletes at their schools if not more. If we want to dig into the past, we need to look at BA's run when everyone had to play in the 3 classifications.

Hillwood has the same number of athletes or more than Hillsboro /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Come on now you must be kidding me. And Overton took a big hit when they lost Melrose to Hillsboro. Overton may have a bigger student body than Hillsboro but Hillsboro certainly has more football players. Open enrollment doesnt hurt Hillsboro either.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bigchief @ May 8 2007 - 11:39 AM) 826454404[/snapback]12NCS, you cannot possibly think that Hillwood has as many or more athletes than Hillsboro. You know as well as I that the few athletes they do have are extrordinarily lazy and cannot pass 5 classes. Surely your memory has not faded that quickly.

I never said these Hillwood athletes are academically eligible or that a few that are rarely make it to school. I am just saying that #'s wise, these schools have the same #'s of athletic kids. We know that several North Nashville Hillwood kids will have transportation issues and other interests that would skew the #'s slightly or greatly. Everyone has the opportunity to pass classes and attend practice, some choose the alternative because it is the easy way out. Administration, faculty, and coaching staffs can help or hurt a programs' chances of success /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(12NCS @ May 8 2007 - 01:18 PM) 826454505[/snapback]I never said these Hillwood athletes are academically eligible or that a few that are rarely make it to school. I am just saying that #'s wise, these schools have the same #'s of athletic kids. We know that several North Nashville Hillwood kids will have transportation issues and other interests that would skew the #'s slightly or greatly. Everyone has the opportunity to pass classes and attend practice, some choose the alternative because it is the easy way out. Administration, faculty, and coaching staffs can help or hurt a programs' chances of success /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yeah yeah this is a joke. Comparing the number of athletes in Hillwood to the number in Hillsboro doesnt make any sense at all. Link was at Hillwood for how many years and really never was all that competitive except for when they made it to the quarterfinals. Are you telling me that in Links last few years and in Baskins only year they lost because of the coaching staff and administration? No they lost because of athletes or lack there of. Hillsboro would be competitive no matter who was there. They have the athletes to do it. This is not a knock at Blade or his staff, they are more than just competitive. They do an excellent job and will compete for gold every year he is there in 4A.

QUOTE(coachfoozeball @ May 8 2007 - 10:40 AM) 826454288[/snapback]That is what we were talking about in an earlier post. Athletes come in cycles at many public schools. The past decade has been good to Hillsboro, but tut is right check it. When Hillsboro was 5A they were not as dominant as they are today!!

I think workinprogress said it best. Some programs can compete in any division and any place, but do not kid yourself the road to the championship is ALOT easier in 4A then any other of the divisions. It is very watered down after the Big four or so! This is just our opinion. Take it for what it is worth and go on!!

I agree, we will probably see a Hillsboro vs. Maryville final next December. Who else can beat either one of them?

So winning a championship in 4A would be easier than winning a championship in 3A,2A and 1A? I guess Maryville got to where they are by playing easy teams? I guess Melrose isn't any good? I can remember Memphis Christian Brothers fans saying Maryville better hope they never play Melrose. Melrose is too good and physical. Funny thing after Maryville beat Melrose twice Melrose all of a sudden isn't any good.Melrose was a great team. Best defense I ever seen a Maryville team go against. I guess Red Bank,Rhea County,Powell,MOWest,TN High,Knox Central and Cleveland are weak teams?

QUOTE(workinprogress @ May 8 2007 - 02:04 PM) 826454564[/snapback]Yeah yeah this is a joke. Comparing the number of athletes in Hillwood to the number in Hillsboro doesnt make any sense at all. Link was at Hillwood for how many years and really never was all that competitive except for when they made it to the quarterfinals. Are you telling me that in Links last few years and in Baskins only year they lost because of the coaching staff and administration? No they lost because of athletes or lack there of. Hillsboro would be competitive no matter who was there. They have the athletes to do it. This is not a knock at Blade or his staff, they are more than just competitive. They do an excellent job and will compete for gold every year he is there in 4A.

Knowing first hand that it takes more than just the X's and O's to win at football it takes special coach's to take teams and I mean any team to ten plus win seasons. Coach A and and now Coach Blade has taken these young me to new heights and I believe it will just get better.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ May 9 2007 - 07:34 AM) 826455176[/snapback]Knowing first hand that it takes more than just the X's and O's to win at football it takes special coach's to take teams and I mean any team to ten plus win seasons. Coach A and and now Coach Blade has taken these young me to new heights and I believe it will just get better.

I agree which is why I stated that Blade has done an excellent job. All I am saying is that comparing Hillsboro to Hillwood is a joke as far as the number of athletes.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ May 8 2007 - 02:04 PM) 826454564[/snapback]Yeah yeah this is a joke. Comparing the number of athletes in Hillwood to the number in Hillsboro doesnt make any sense at all. Link was at Hillwood for how many years and really never was all that competitive except for when they made it to the quarterfinals. Are you telling me that in Links last few years and in Baskins only year they lost because of the coaching staff and administration? No they lost because of athletes or lack there of. Hillsboro would be competitive no matter who was there. They have the athletes to do it. This is not a knock at Blade or his staff, they are more than just competitive. They do an excellent job and will compete for gold every year he is there in 4A.

No it is not a joke. I live in the Hillwood cluster and am very familiar with the community, school and the history. The school atmosphere is the first problem. You won't admit it because you have no clue. Ask Link, Baskins, M. Wilson or Bigchief what the main problem is. It is the attitude of the administration and has been for years. The good run that Link had, he actually had a good staff and a good group of kids. The administration needs to provide the Head Coach with several good coaches. Principal Myers gave Link no support when it comes to hiring teachers/coaches. Johnson was a little better than Myers in this department. Lang - ??? The west nashville kids are scared to go to school at Hillwood imo. They choose the magnets, privates or go the open enrollment route.

If Hillsboro had poor teachers/coaches and administrators, they would not be competitive over the long haul imo.

QUOTE(12NCS @ May 9 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826455418[/snapback]No it is not a joke. I live in the Hillwood cluster and am very familiar with the community, school and the history. The school atmosphere is the first problem. You won't admit it because you have no clue. Ask Link, Baskins, M. Wilson or Bigchief what the main problem is. It is the attitude of the administration and has been for years. The good run that Link had, he actually had a good staff and a good group of kids. The administration needs to provide the Head Coach with several good coaches. Principal Myers gave Link no support when it comes to hiring teachers/coaches. Johnson was a little better than Myers in this department. Lang - ??? The west nashville kids are scared to go to school at Hillwood imo. They choose the magnets, privates or go the open enrollment route.

If Hillsboro had poor teachers/coaches and administrators, they would not be competitive over the long haul imo.

Interesting. I just did some checking and guess what division Hillwood was in when they had that good run? You guess it 4A. What are they in now? you guessed it 5A!

Go ahead and start Maryville and Hillsboro people. Have your fun. I still respect your schools and wish you good luck.

QUOTE(REBELRON @ May 8 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826454662[/snapback]So winning a championship in 4A would be easier than winning a championship in 3A,2A and 1A? I guess Maryville got to where they are by playing easy teams? I guess Melrose isn't any good? I can remember Memphis Christian Brothers fans saying Maryville better hope they never play Melrose. Melrose is too good and physical. Funny thing after Maryville beat Melrose twice Melrose all of a sudden isn't any good.Melrose was a great team. Best defense I ever seen a Maryville team go against. I guess Red Bank,Rhea County,Powell,MOWest,TN High,Knox Central and Cleveland are weak teams?

As was stated once before, Middle Tennessee schools that go down to 4A do better. Every school you mentioned go east in the playoffs. 4A is tougher in the eastern part of the state. and to answer your question the playoff run in 4A is not as tough as 5A

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(12NCS @ May 9 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826455418[/snapback]No it is not a joke. I live in the Hillwood cluster and am very familiar with the community, school and the history. The school atmosphere is the first problem. You won't admit it because you have no clue. Ask Link, Baskins, M. Wilson or Bigchief what the main problem is. It is the attitude of the administration and has been for years. The good run that Link had, he actually had a good staff and a good group of kids. The administration needs to provide the Head Coach with several good coaches. Principal Myers gave Link no support when it comes to hiring teachers/coaches. Johnson was a little better than Myers in this department. Lang - ??? The west nashville kids are scared to go to school at Hillwood imo. They choose the magnets, privates or go the open enrollment route.

You just contradicted yourself. You said if that kids living in west nashville are scared to go to Hillwood. Hillwood doesnt have as many athletes as Hillsboro, period. You can if this if that all you want, bottom line Hillsboro has more athletes.