Hillsboro vs. Hoover scrimmage!

hillsboro will be scrimmaging hoover in august, any thoughts? anyways, coach blade is taking hillsboro to the next level!!! he is an outstanding coach that not enough people are familiar with to give him credit. now going into his first full offseason, he has the team believing in each other and the system, working them incredibly hard, but yet still laid-back and fun, 2 adjectives which could not be used for Coach A. this team is hungrier than ever to win. here it is may 2nd, and this team is in mid-season form! i love how coach blade has come in and challenged MBA and Franklin to prove this team's local dominance. cannot wait for those games.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(otherside21 @ May 2 2007 - 11:57 PM) 826450582[/snapback]hillsboro will be scrimmaging hoover in august, any thoughts? anyways, coach blade is taking hillsboro to the next level!!! he is an outstanding coach that not enough people are familiar with to give him credit. now going into his first full offseason, he has the team believing in each other and the system, working them incredibly hard, but yet still laid-back and fun, 2 adjectives which could not be used for Coach A. this team is hungrier than ever to win. here it is may 2nd, and this team is in mid-season form! i love how coach blade has come in and challenged MBA and Franklin to prove this team's local dominance. cannot wait for those games.

The Burros are traveling to Hoover and will compete in the invitation only National Select 7 on 7 tournament. They will compete with teams such as Hoover, Springdale Ark, Byrnes SC, Foley AL, Nease FLA, Evangel Christian and many other nationally recognized programs at the end of July. Lets not turn this thread into Coach A vs. Coach B. Both coaches have great reputations and both are in charge of tremendously competitive programs. Are there any other 7 on 7 tournaments that local teams are going to? Ravenwood had to cancel their 7 on 7 tournament due to lack of interest.

QUOTE(otherside21 @ May 2 2007 - 11:57 PM) 826450582[/snapback]hillsboro will be scrimmaging hoover in august, any thoughts? anyways, coach blade is taking hillsboro to the next level!!! he is an outstanding coach that not enough people are familiar with to give him credit. now going into his first full offseason, he has the team believing in each other and the system, working them incredibly hard, but yet still laid-back and fun, 2 adjectives which could not be used for Coach A. this team is hungrier than ever to win. here it is may 2nd, and this team is in mid-season form! i love how coach blade has come in and challenged MBA and Franklin to prove this team's local dominance. cannot wait for those games.

You are correct, he is taking them to another level. Coach Blades had an outstanding first campaign! There have been other first year coaches with equally great first years. Coach Bubba Spears perhaps had the best first year success with his great Stratford unit (* it was done in the bit more challenging era of 3 classes).

Coach Aydellott took Hillsboro when they where a "zero" program (in that older 3 class system) and slowly built a great program. He will be the first to admit that 5 classes helped schools like Hillsboro, Pearl-Cohn, Memphis East..........*note Maryville was always a 2A and a power there also!

MBA and Franklin will be nice challenges.........good for him (* I do think MBA's days will not be as productive as in the past, because of that big Ensworth hand in the "private" POT).

As to the 3 classifications vs the present 7 classes...............Here is a test!

Go back to last years State Champions in the larger classes

BRENTWOOD ACADEMY

SMYRNA

MARYVILLE

Now pick ONE!...................there is your old 3A Champion (in the old days). Kind of tough back then; I think it make it hard to compare those apples to oranges................that old Stratford team would have waltzed through a 4A set-up (*Aydellott was an assistant on that team), but that was then......

would enjoy to hear 3 classes vs 7 classes comments

Guest workinprogress

Blade has done a very good job in one years time. Will this scrimmage be in Hoover or Nashville? I would think that if Hillsboro is competing in their 7 on 7 then it would be Hoover traveling to Nashville for the scrimmage. Otherwise that would seem to be a pretty big travel expense for the burros to go down there twice. Blade is doing good things and he will obviously get Hillsboro some exposure. They will definately get to see where they stand. If they are truly in midseason form as you say they are then by August they should be in playoff form and we should see where they are. I find it hard to believe that they would be in midseason form with only three days of spring practice under their belts though. I too am looking forward to their schedule. It will be a challenge but should prepare them better for the playoffs. Smart move for Blade and his staff.

QUOTE(unc4life @ May 3 2007 - 08:06 AM) 826450665[/snapback]Coach A also had a great 1st year w/ Riverdale last year...Riverdale started off not being given much of a chance & he turned them around. He has been Awesome. Glad your new coach agrees with your program..Best of luck 2 yall..

This is not a knock on coach A. I would never knock a coach with a state championship.

QUOTE(feliznavidad @ May 3 2007 - 08:37 AM) 826450645[/snapback]...MBA and Franklin will be nice challenges.........good for him (* I do think MBA's days will not be as productive as in the past, because of that big Ensworth hand in the "private" POT).

As to the 3 classifications vs the present 7 classes...............Here is a test!

Go back to last years State Champions in the larger classes

BRENTWOOD ACADEMY

SMYRNA

MARYVILLE

Now pick ONE!...................there is your old 3A Champion (in the old days). Kind of tough back then; I think it make it hard to compare those apples to oranges................that old Stratford team would have waltzed through a 4A set-up (*Aydellott was an assistant on that team), but that was then......

would enjoy to hear 3 classes vs 7 classes comments

When Ensworth ended at the 8th grade, they sent relatively few boys to MBA, who this year had a record number of candidates accept offers of admission. MBA runs in cycles, and always has...a handful of great years, and a couple of not so great ones. I don't think I'd write our obituary quite yet.

As you your question about 3 vs. 7 classifications, I"m old and I favor the three class system. It makes sense on a lot of levels, not the least of which is travel expense. In the days that MBA was in 11AAA, they seldom needed to leave Nashville to have a full (and very good) schedule.

This scrimmage will be a huge measuring stick for the Burros. They are not ready for the type of national competition they will see; but it will tell everyone from coaches to JV reserves what type of talent, commitment, and coaching these elite teams have- and what they would have to do to get to the next level (i.e, beat Maryville).

He must be confident in his talent for next year- if he wasn't, there confidence would be Crushed.

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ May 3 2007 - 08:47 AM) 826450703[/snapback]This scrimmage will be a huge measuring stick for the Burros. They are not ready for the type of national competition they will see; but it will tell everyone from coaches to JV reserves what type of talent, commitment, and coaching these elite teams have- and what they would have to do to get to the next level (i.e, beat Maryville).

He must be confident in his talent for next year- if he wasn't, there confidence would be Crushed.

They are not scrimmaging Hoover. They will be traveling to Hoover for their invitation only 7 on 7 tourney.

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ May 3 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826450708[/snapback]They are not scrimmaging Hoover. They will be traveling to Hoover for their invitation only 7 on 7 tourney.

Coach:

When will the Burros be going to the tourney?

I always feel bad for the HOGS in these 7 on 7 games; they work real hard in the off-season & don't get to participate. I wish there was some way to get them involved in the competition. They're the engine that makes the car go.