Nick Saban in Marshall County

FHSFAN

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rcombs @ May 4 2007 - 11:00 AM) 826451613[/snapback]It would be hard for me to commit to someone who seems to have such a problem with commitment, but that's just me.

Thats funny............you must not be married.............or an Alabama fan. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(FHSFAN @ May 4 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826451553[/snapback]Nick Saban is going to be in Marshall county today looking at Hightower! What do you think his chances are of him signing the letter to play today? Just wanted to know your thoughts?

0% since they don't sign untill mid Feb.

QUOTE(GreenMan @ May 4 2007 - 08:20 PM) 826452077[/snapback]Thats funny............you must not be married.............or an Alabama fan. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I am married actually. And I'm definately not a Bama fan.

No, what I really mean is that this is a great opportunity for this player to be able to go to the next level and play college football at one of the most historical and traditional schools in the country. But, I'd never sign with Nick Saban (as if I were ever good enough lol) just because of his track record. I think history repeats itself, and I'd worry about a change of command before I ever graduated. I mean, look at what he did to LSU, and then at the highest level, Miami.

QUOTE(rcombs @ May 5 2007 - 10:32 AM) 826452359[/snapback]I am married actually. And I'm definately not a Bama fan.

No, what I really mean is that this is a great opportunity for this player to be able to go to the next level and play college football at one of the most historical and traditional schools in the country. But, I'd never sign with Nick Saban (as if I were ever good enough lol) just because of his track record. I think history repeats itself, and I'd worry about a change of command before I ever graduated. I mean, look at what he did to LSU, and then at the highest level, Miami.

Yea look at his track record. Look at all the talent he has put in the NFL as a college coach. For pete sake, the QB he recriuted to LSU (then left) was the #1 draft pick in this years NFL draft. If I'm an 17/18 year old kid and Saban is after me, I'm lookin and payin attention real hard because I could be a millionaire in about 4 or 5 years.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ May 6 2007 - 09:08 AM) 826452775[/snapback]Yea look at his track record. Look at all the talent he has put in the NFL as a college coach. For pete sake, the QB he recriuted to LSU (then left) was the #1 draft pick in the years NFL draft. If I'm an 17/18 year old kid and Saban is after me, I'm lookin and payin attention real hard because I could be a millionaire in about 4 or 5 years.

You tell them MPH. Come on down to Bama Mr Hightower!!!!! Coach Saban has found a home and will be around for a long time.

Actually I haven't heard anything about a visit to him through my contacts. Did Coach Saban actually visit him or not??

QUOTE(rcombs @ May 5 2007 - 10:32 AM) 826452359[/snapback]But, I'd never sign with Nick Saban (as if I were ever good enough lol) just because of his track record. I think history repeats itself, and I'd worry about a change of command before I ever graduated. I mean, look at what he did to LSU, and then at the highest level, Miami.

But many HS age kids will. They want to win a NC and they want to play in the NFL. With Coach Saban as their coach and being at a high profile program like Bama they have a realistic shot at both. Really think about it....he was at LSwho for 5 years, turned them around including winning a NC and several SEC championship and then he left for the coaches promised land...the NFL. He hated the NFL mainly because he is a control freak. He didn't have complete control of anything there so he wanted out. One of the best coaching jobs in nation comes open, Bama can compete with NFL salaries, Bama gives him the control he wanted and now he is at Bama. We could not be happier.

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 6 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826452779[/snapback]You tell them MPH. Come on down to Bama Mr Hightower!!!!! Coach Saban has found a home and will be around for a long time.

Actually I haven't heard anything about a visit to him through my contacts. Did Coach Saban actually visit him or not??

Yes.

Flew in on top of that.

No driving around for the $4 million dollar man !!